PDA

View Full Version : Long Ranch?

FJAggie07
02-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Anybody heard of this place out in Llano?

Might be kind of fun for an impromptu TAMOR camping trip?

http://www.longranch.org/

BroncoJo
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
They have alot of unfun rules, probly good camping though.

CheapJeep
02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
There's been talk of planning a trip out there, I'm not sure where we stand on it now though.

stx4wheeler
02-07-2007, 07:34 PM
well at the last meeting i madea list of like 6 or 7 places and told everyone to cirlce the two or three they would like to go on so we could try and get something going and i think longs was on there. WEll out of the 50 some odd meeting agendas we got like four back and one was from an officer.

BroncoJo
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
well at the last meeting i madea list of like 6 or 7 places and told everyone to cirlce the two or three they would like to go on so we could try and get something going and i think longs was on there. WEll out of the 50 some odd meeting agendas we got like four back and one was from an officer.
you should have passed out pens too.

DRAGOONRANCH
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Back in the day, everybody carried pens. That was the only way to remember a girls digits, we didn't have fancy-schmancy cellphone thingamajiggers. :gigem:

This place looks like it may be decent from the few pictures they have, and are the rules really that bad? I mean,
"6. No excessive drinking on trails.
7. No excessive driving up and down the main road."

Chadnutz
02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
The worst one is no wheeling without a guide...

BroncoJo
02-07-2007, 09:10 PM
The worst one is no wheeling without a guide...

thats what i was going at, and it has to be aproved for night driving.

bburris
02-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Katemcy has the same rules posted.

The WFO guys from Corpus have been there and to Cline Ranch in San Antonio a few times... I think they all still prefer Katemcy, though. It might make for a good change of scenery...

AggieTJ2007
02-08-2007, 01:12 AM
how much closer is it than katemcy

DRAGOONRANCH
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM

Does this have to be an employee of the park, or just somebody that is familiar with the place? I am betting it is the latter. I have been known to be wrong once or twice though. :cool:

DRAGOONRANCH
02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
how much closer is it than katemcy

Looks to be about 50 miles closer.

CRaSHnBuRN
02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
me and eric have talked about going there a few times, but can never seem to get enough people interested for even a small trip. I'd like to go, but I doubt I'll have the time this semester between work, school, and job searching.

fbronco86
02-08-2007, 09:03 AM

Nothing good has ever come outta night wheeling. I think its a bad idea.

I think the club should have some kinda rule about excessive drinking on the trail. Having a few beers with the boys is all good and fun. Being piss drunk is another story.

jerryg79
02-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Nothing good has ever come outta night wheeling. I think its a bad idea.

I think the club should have some kinda rule about excessive drinking on the trail. Having a few beers with the boys is all good and fun. Being piss drunk is another story.

umm impretty sure we do.

Chadnutz
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Night wheeling is fun. It's like mudding when it is pouring down rain. It adds to the intensity because you don't want anything to fail and when it does you have good stories to tell later on.

colman
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
yea its called the dumbass clause, ie don't be a dumbass

FJAggie07
02-08-2007, 02:00 PM

Good clause to have

jerryg79
02-08-2007, 02:03 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of CYA.

Oh you got hurt on the trail and fell on one of our rickety fences and impaled yourself.....oh were you with a guide....nope....but you signed this that said wheeling only with a guide....sorry about your luck, now hobble your busted ass outta here and get a mop and clean up all this blood.

BroncoJo
02-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I wasn't worried about excessive drinking cuz well i'm not even supose to drink.

Night is never a smart idea but it can be fun and lots of good storys come from it.

I've never been wheeling with a guide but have heard it was gay, but i guess it depends all on the guide you get.

I would be down for trying it out but my little bronco won't be ready till probly the end of the semester.

DRAGOONRANCH
02-09-2007, 01:06 AM
The only thing I have heard them say at katemcy is to have 3 or more in a group and no drinking on the trail. The no drinking thing is one of those "in moderation" rules to me, but I don't drive to well sober so maybe it would help. ;)