PDA

View Full Version : brake fitting size

CRaSHnBuRN
02-25-2007, 07:27 AM
okay, trying to figure out the remaining parts of my brake system. I have most of it taken care of, but one fitting remains a problem. I need a fitting that looks like this

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/rus-640451_w.jpg

that is AN3 on one end, and I think M10x1.5 on the other. This is for the D44 calipers on my rear disc brakes. Apparently I screwed up when sourcing the calipers, and got a set meant for a 79, which is after they went metric, but its to late to change it now. Now, I can find this fitting in alot of 10mm stuff, just never the correct thread. One thing I have seen alot of on summit and speedways websites is 3/8-10mm. What does that mean? Is there one metric size that is close enough to work with standard stuff, or vice versa, and if so, what is the thread? I can do the whole banjo bolt thing if necessary, but that requires more fittings, and therefore more money

DRAGOONRANCH
02-25-2007, 07:46 AM
oooh, chiney!

Have you checked at Bryan Hoes?

Can you tap the holes out to a non-metric size that you would be able to find a fitting for?

CRaSHnBuRN
02-25-2007, 08:51 AM
oooh, chiney!

Have you checked at Bryan Hoes?

Can you tap the holes out to a non-metric size that you would be able to find a fitting for?

bryan hoes is a ****ing joke. I'm tired of dealing with them. I can do this alot cheaper ordering the parts myself from someone like summit or speedway. As for tapping it, yeah thats an option, but really it would just be alot easier to order the correct parts. Like I said, I can do this with a banjo style, but its gonna be about 20 bucks worth of fittings between the banjos and the bolts. A fitting like the one above can be found for about 5 bucks a piece, maybe even less

DRAGOONRANCH
02-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Duly noted. I have yet to have the pleasure/displeasure of dealing with them. I have just heard lots about them here.

robertf03
02-25-2007, 10:09 AM
have you thought about using the factory brake hose and AN fittings on the hardline with an adapter to the soft line?

CRaSHnBuRN
02-25-2007, 11:59 PM
well since these are the rear brakes, I do not have the factory soft lines, and everyone seems to want 20 bucks a side for them new. Then I still will need to adapt them, as well a buy stuff like the banjo bolt. Using the stainless hoses plus adapters will still cost me less than that setup, even if I have to go with the more expensive banjo type fittings

robertf03
02-26-2007, 07:32 AM
not worried about a floating caliper fatiguing the line?

CRaSHnBuRN
02-26-2007, 08:42 AM
why? The stainless lines I'm using are braided lines. Basically this is the setup I'm putting together. Stock hard lines at the frame, connected to a SS braided line from a earlier buildup going to the T fitting at the axle. From the T, I'm running SS braided lines to the calipers. I have all the neccesary fittings and stuff with the exception of the ones needed to adapt the female AN3 fitting on the ends of the SS line to the caliper, hence the need for the adapter like the one pictured above. The straight fitting would simply be easier and cheaper than using a banjo bolt type setup

robertf03
02-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I misunderstood, I thought you were running hardline all the way to the caliper.

redcagepatrol
02-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I got mine at Smileys in the Woodlands, you can also get them at Longacre racing
http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/catlist.asp?catid=18

I have metric 1.5 to 4AN in the rear and 7/16" to 4AN in the front

redcagepatrol
02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.smileysracing.com/cat/view_pg.php?pKey=977634&sKey=7a34c7905bfd5aa4ed0236babeb9f8a2&pgID=1019

CheapJeep
02-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I bought my fittings from Smiley's as well. They have pretty much anything you need in stock.

BMFScout
03-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Smiley's is less than 2 miles from work, only advantage to working in Mesquite.

CRaSHnBuRN
03-03-2007, 01:24 AM
just noticed the new replies to this thread. Thanks, I'll look into it