PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer

froader03
10-28-2002, 12:24 AM
Gilmer this weekend. let's get a head count and see if we can't get a discount if we get a large enough group. email or PM Lynda with your info if you're going and she'll keep a running list like she did for the SA trip.

all for now.

Hensel

Rex
10-28-2002, 02:07 AM
It looks like y'all might have some El Whore's going, too. I wish I could go. We should try to make some new trails out there some time.

BigLee
10-28-2002, 02:18 AM
If any of y'all have a trailer but would like a tow, ill be more than happy to tow somebody and I would also be willing to take the digi cam and take alotta pics if i can find a ride, Allison might go so if we could find 2 seats in the same vehicle that would be best, but as of right now im not shure if she is going to go or not.

JB
10-28-2002, 01:50 PM
I am going, jsut happens that we had a planned BigBronco run this weekend. They open up Thursday night. I will not be taking my Bronco, but if you have a trailer and need towing, i could do it(nothing too heavy though, 1/2 ton Tahoe)

BMFScout
10-29-2002, 12:51 AM
I want to go BAD, I will see if I can hike up my skirt and get **** together before then. I would like to tow it up there so I can wheel it like I stole it, but need to find a trailer, and someone willing to tow a heavy ass scout. I could use mine but I don't feel like driving to Dallas and then Gilmer and vice versa again. I need a new tire, alternator, and stub shaft to be ready, we'll see what happens this week with Discount and my tire warranty...

bburris
10-29-2002, 01:27 AM
Jimmy - PM me or call the house tomorrow sometime and I can give you directions to a local j-yard that may have what you're looking for

BMFScout
10-29-2002, 01:34 AM
I have the stub shaft, I just need to get the tire and my alternator upgraded, thanks for the lead though Brett. I had this good idea, I know it doesn't happen very often...

Since it seems that we have a joint venture with Lhor about once a semester, I say we have a once a semester club challenge just us against lhor at Gilmer. We could make it for time through a section of the rock garden for time or maybe for time up deWoody or Airstrip. I think this would motivate the best of both clubs to get their asses out there. We could buy a bigass D-ring or something similar, maybe the "Golden broken stub shaft" Something of not a lot of value, just to represent bragging rights. If we can't beat them on the field maybe we could beat them on the trail. I think it's a kickass idea, what do you guys think?

bburris
10-29-2002, 01:57 AM
I'm all for something like that - I (among others) need something to get me motivated enough to get my Jeep back on the trails

Shaggy
10-29-2002, 11:54 AM
that sounds like a great idea jimmy... I am about to tell my boss he could shove these damn weekend shifts that i always have up his azz... i wanna go on some damn trips now that the bronco is going strong... and i really think it will incourage the best rigs to show up

redcagepatrol
10-29-2002, 12:56 PM
I think that planning NOW for a challenge this weekend is a BAD idea. I am sure that L-Hor would like a little advance notice.

A challenge is a great idea, we just need all of our good rigs there so we can be SURE we win - needless to say, save the challenge for next semester with lots of advance notice.

Krawler68
10-29-2002, 01:09 PM
we will own those challenges with our good rigs... Hal will be there and Duke may have his junk together by then, but they still won't be able to hold us.... Our rigs and drivers are light years ahead of them.

I'll bring the EB out to the spanking...

Doug

BMFScout
10-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Just a friendly competition to bring us together, b/c last time we were out there I didn't meet one lhor guy. This way while we crawl through the rock garden we can stand around and bull**** with them while we watch. I don't think it's too late, I just don't know if I am going to be ready to go or not, so I am not going to extend a challenge and then not show up. Shipman is going so we should have winning covered, but the point would be some way to meet them and bring the two klubs together. Someone who is on their board could propose the idea to them and see what they think, if they say they aren't prepared, then we could wait until next semester. I'm going to try like hell to get there, I wouldn't mind konstructing the kustom award from some broken ass part that is hanging on the wall of shame in my shop. I assure you we can win without any toyotas there...

Krawler68
10-29-2002, 01:48 PM
I doubt anybody wants to lose right off the bat... but frankly this round of comps...Hal Frost has a win in the bag with EITHER of his ZJ's... I think you boys will be pissed if you get a showdown planned and then end up not only losing but breaking a lot too... Why not just wait?

Also...if you really wanted to meet some El Whore's all you need to do is go and shake their hand... they won't bite... hard...

BigLee
10-29-2002, 03:51 PM
OK, so my truck is ****ed, so im not gunna be able to tow any of y'all sorry. The electrical system is ****ed, not shure whats really wrong with it but if im lucky ill get it back by friday but prolly not.

BMFScout
10-29-2002, 05:29 PM
Ok, we'll just put off the club challenge until our club badasses can get their rigs out of their shops or finish having their **** built for them. I guess that will be sometime next summer or so. Until then we will just sit back and be in awe of a jeep with pricey springs, better yet let's start a movement to postpone this years football game until our defense gets their **** together and we get a better coach, hike up your skirt Nancy, who gives a **** if they win, we would get it back next time, I am just trying to get the ball rolling, whatever...

redcagepatrol
10-29-2002, 05:43 PM
2~3 DAYS NOTICE????

Most of us already have plans for the Haloween weekend. Give us two weeks and then you can talk.

the rigs I was refering to were: (if they would compete)

Lissa
Lynda
Matt Conlee
Josh ???
Busa
Jason Marek
Matt Marek
Troy
Shipman

I know I am missing a few people but the point is, we have quite a few FULLY locked trucks with EXPERIENCED drivers that could blow LHOR away. With a little proper planning (over the break or the first trip of the new semester) everybody would have a much better time.

You can do an informal thing anytime - even this weekend, just don't make it a "club challenge"

robertf03
10-29-2002, 05:44 PM
we'll get them Jimmy. our secret weapon will be this: I'll put on a t.u. hat and spot them through spiders ravine right into the tree
:D

besides, its a work run. perfect excuse is "I had too many chainsaws in the back and didnt want to get too crazy"

and if Matt brings his d90, well we know that rover drivers dont like binder blvd

froader03
10-29-2002, 08:03 PM
LMAO... that's funny ****, flem. yes, I like the idea of a trophy for a once a semester showdown between the clubs. how 'bout one of those broken D-60 axle shafts landon found on e-bay, not that we couldn't find enough broken **** in the club. hell, I could make a dozen kustom trophies from my shiat. what about the first trip next semester? it's like the 2nd or 3rd weekend in january to mason. any takers? lots of feedback on this is good because we only have like 2 meetings left this semester.

Hensel

Shaggy
10-29-2002, 08:05 PM
im gonna be skiing from 1/5 - 1/10 so if it could be some other weekend than that one i wanna go

froader03
10-29-2002, 08:06 PM
damn, why didn't I think of this sooner. how 'bout a big ol' maroon SPOON. it shall be known as "The Spoon Award" or just "The Spoon." pretty clever, huh?

lissa
10-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by froader03
how 'bout one of those broken D-60 axle shafts landon found on e-bay, not that we couldn't find enough broken **** in the club.

i have a lovely pair of matching, but slightly used, dana 35 axle shafts that i would be willing to donate to the contest.
lissa

aggielr
10-29-2002, 08:37 PM
well hopefully i'll be goin back to work soon, so that means i'll have money to finish my piece, and hopefully that'll be before next semester, so if i'm done, i'm in

BMFScout
10-29-2002, 08:42 PM
my truck didn't make "the list" but I would like to go to Mason, I guess I could watch the experienced drivers wheel, and hope that my truck one day is cool enough...

bburris
10-29-2002, 08:45 PM
I'd say it's because your Scout is American, but Mark's Jeep made the list, so there must be some other reason :confused: :confused: :confused:

froader03
10-29-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by BMFScout
my truck didn't make "the list" but I would like to go to Mason, I guess I could watch the experienced drivers wheel, and hope that my truck one day is cool enough...

me neither... even with 4.56s and detroits (ok, not now, but as soon as classes are over)... anybody got a hella deal on some used 35s-37s (15 in wheel)?

scott just has sour grapes because he can't go this weekend (not with a rig anyways), but I do agree that after the break we will have quite an entourage. a few more I can think of doing work over christmas are nix, krebs, and I'm sure tommy a.k.a the neighbor kid will have some money to burn on the beast.

oh, trophy... I'm gonna make one. klassic kustom kwality (deemed the KKK trophy)... it'll be a collage of mutiple parts. I can picture it now, 4 feet tall, 100 lbs (maybe we should call it the lissa trophy) and lots of ****ty welds to make the tackiest damn thing in the world. this is gonna be cool.

Hensel

Rex
10-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Sounds good to me. Mason would probably be better anyway because then the couldn't bitch about the people ahead of them tearing up the trail so they couldn't make it up :(

BigRedFord04
10-29-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
im gonna be skiing from 1/5 - 1/10 so if it could be some other weekend than that one i wanna go
I think we're talking about the weekend of the 25th.

Shaggy
10-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04

I think we're talking about the weekend of the 25th.

well that weekend sounds good to me...

mark
10-30-2002, 07:22 AM
I am not going to Gilmer this time after all. Turns out I have a family obligation I just discovered last night.

Damn, I really wanted to work on a Scout again:D.

-Mark

redcagepatrol
10-30-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by BMFScout

I only put people on "the list" that I have seen wheel myself. If I watch you wheel and feel you capable (as I do with Brandons Scout) then mayby, just mayby I will add you to "the list"

PS - is your truck even fuel injected?

I need to see you wheel at least once!!! (something fairly difficult also)

redcagepatrol
10-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by mark
Damn, I really wanted to work on a Scout again:D.

-Mark

See what I'm talkin about...

Fredo
10-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by redcagepatrol

I only put people on "the list" that I have seen wheel myself. If I watch you wheel and feel you capable (as I do with Brandons Scout) then mayby, just mayby I will add you to "the list"

PS - is your truck even fuel injected?

I need to see you wheel at least once!!! (something fairly difficult also)

Wow.....could you be a bigger dick Scott? I guess no one is a decent driver unless you deem them so. On top of that, why do you have to give Scouts so much ****? I guess mine and Jimmy's being our daily drivers must be proof they are ****. Both with over 250k on the original motors and still pulling 75-80 on the highway must be a sign of an inferior vehicle. To get at least 22+ years of service out of a motor...what a crappy vehicle. I guess I should just buy a toyota and put 37 transfercases in it and pray that I don't bust a birfield joint pulling it off the trailer since it is an absolute death trap on the road.

Who cares if you've never seen some people wheel. I've seen what you're building for a rig, and I'm not totally ready to deem you a no talent a$$ clown quite yet...who knows, it might actually wheel someday....hell, it might even break something in true toyota fashion. Ohter people have told me that you say the things you say to "get a rise out of people"....well, that makes you come of as a c0cky d1ckhead that bashes people's rigs that they put a lot of work into. You can continue to say what you want on the board since I can ignore it, but please don't ever come over to the house again and ask us to come with you on spring break by calling my friends "the pussies are going to moab".

AGRVR
10-30-2002, 12:11 PM
oh, trophy... I'm gonna make one. klassic kustom kwality (deemed the KKK trophy)... Hensel

Ah, NO! As a Jew I don't appreciate anything with those three letters on it, you might as well just make a Nazi trophy, ass...

And its okay that my truck didn't make the list...I don't mind either...since I was the head ***** that took all the pussies to Moab...

fbronco86
10-30-2002, 12:17 PM
I am in after this christmas. the bronco is getting a drive train make over. Front dana 60 and rear dana 60. with 37's. I think it she will be ready to play.

AgDieseler
10-30-2002, 12:17 PM
About the award: I have two BBC crankshafts that are junked, and would make lovely parting gifts.

For the competition: Don't count out the 131" wheelbase baby!!

BMFScout
10-30-2002, 12:46 PM
Is anyone even going this weekend? Roberto "the jew" flemstein and I are going out there for the day on saturday, anyone else in for this weekend? If you bring a shovel and act like you are doing some work, it's FREE! As far as the fuel injection thing goes, ask Flem if my quadrajet stumbles on inclines, I can set my rear bumper on the ground and it still runs fine. (as fine as smoko ono ever runs. :D ) Also, ask mark which scout he was referring to working on, it wasn't mine...

BigRedFord04
10-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by AgDieseler
For the competition: Don't count out the 131" wheelbase baby!!
Are you sure you measured that right???

Chadnutz
10-30-2002, 01:16 PM
Awwwwwww See what happens when the sh!t talking is directed your way or your brother's way? You get your panties in a wad. Which is more of a ****ty thing to say: "No one respects you", or "your rig sucks"? Hmm, ya got me. Now, who has more basis for what they are saying? You don't even know me yet you judge me. Scott has seen the Scout. Whether it is a cable rig or not I won't say. But if you are going to talk **** on this forum, ESPECIALLY when you have nothing to base it on, then don't cry when people talk sh!t to you.

Learn to eat what you serve.

BigRedFord04
10-30-2002, 01:22 PM
now now ladies...calm down...lets just all have some tea, shall we? Think happy thoughts...Auntie Em, Auntie Em...:D

Jackasic
10-30-2002, 01:23 PM
Whew, getting a little hot in here:)

Thanks Scott for the vote of confidence ... " I only put people on "the list" that I have seen wheel myself ... feel you capable (as I do with Brandon’s Scout) then maybe, just maybe I will add you to "the list" ".

I kind of agree with both sides on this one. It would way fun to have a crawl off with L-Whore. Invite them out for kind of an informal get together to get the ball rolling.

We can use this the gin up interest for a more organized run next spring. Have like three events and a few different classes (unlimited - locked, 5"+ of lift, 35's+; semi-modded - open or 1 locker, mild lift, 33's; stock - open, 31's, no more than 2" of lift, ect.).

I can see Scott's perspective, even if it came off little harsh. He only put people on there that a) he had wheeled with and b) knew where capably built. There were a few left out; mine, Dave’s, and others bases on those criteria. I would vouch for people that I had not seen wheel or knew the capabilities of their rigs.

Also, his reference for a club challenge is based on the ones that are put on in OK for SWFWD quarterly.

For the record, my Scout was broken BEFORE I went up there. Actually, I think I trashed from that last trip to Ciblo. Thanks Mark for helping me to swap the front end up there.

It may all be for not as I am going for a SOA with my 44/60 over Christmas. Maybe then I can move up to the top tier

AgDieseler
10-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BigRedFord04
Are you sure you measured that right???
After the wreck, I got to know the measurements of my truck really well.

BigRedFord04
10-30-2002, 01:51 PM
no fücking sh¡t!?!? after my axle swap my wheel base was lengthend from 138.5" to 141"...i guess i shoulda just known...mine's longer than yours :D :D :D what's your overall length, bumper to bumper?

AgDieseler
10-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Somewhere around 19.5'

froader03
10-30-2002, 02:53 PM
I'm not even gonna comment on that. too easy a SMACK factor... hell, everyone knows you just don't learn how to wheel until schubring's in the audience.
:rolleyes:

nazi award it is, kollins...

redcagepatrol
10-30-2002, 04:05 PM
Ok - Ok I will reply to everyone...

FredO - Where did I say that your rig sucked? Where did I say you couldn't drive? Where did I have ANY direspect for you OR your truck.

Remember - I drove a smoking piece all during school too. (my daily driver and wheeling truck)

I, like you, will not judge someone else without something to go by. I will not take judgement from statements from other people without being there.

I am sorry to the people that I left off "the list" as I just threw down some names quickly - but again I only judge people AFTER I SEE them wheel and stated that I know I was leaving some people off by accident.

froader03
10-30-2002, 04:12 PM
man, I really wish you'd come watch me wheel, scott,'cause II'm itchin' to get on that list...:rolleyes:

Krawler68
10-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Fork you scott...my driving style always gets me to the top... :flipoff2: and you've seen me wheel.

Doug "Doesn't give a fork what Scott or any of his "List" thinks" Kiesewetter

AGRVR
10-30-2002, 05:51 PM
nazi award it is, kollins...

In the words of Roy D. By God Mercer, "It ain't funny."

Krawler68
10-30-2002, 05:57 PM
http://www.longhornoffroad.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002427#000008

guess all this got somebody's attention...

Seth
10-30-2002, 06:07 PM
kevin...*** well bull butter. and doug whats going on with the sig?
Seth

Krawler68
10-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Krawler68
http://www.longhornoffroad.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002427#000008

guess all this got somebody's attention...

Dammit now it's really going to hit the fan. SO who is up for a little friendly competition?? My new ZJ isn't that scary, I figure I'll break the knuckle or brakes off on the first obstacle

Doug "doesn't know how to log off on other's computers" aka Hal
:flipoff2:

BigRedFord04
10-30-2002, 07:08 PM
LMAO...good one Hal :D

Rex
10-30-2002, 07:09 PM
You know that you could probably register and post on this board yourself, but you don't get access some forums. If i didn't have to go to OSU in the 15 degree weather this weekend, the mog would be at Gilmer, but its just stock and doesn't have fuel injection and its not on "the list" so i don't know if it can hang!!! :D

Krawler68
10-30-2002, 07:28 PM
I am registered so I can get PMs but not post anywhere. Besides by hijacking Doug's account I get to read the super secret forums.

I should be a dick and change his password on him before he gets home from wherever he is.

Edit: I know one thing I'm going to fix though...

froader03
10-30-2002, 09:41 PM
very nice, hal. I must admit it's funny as hell whenever anyone gets the best of doug. hope to meet all you kids this weekend.

Hensel

mark
10-31-2002, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by AgDieseler
About the award: I have two BBC crankshafts that are junked, and would make lovely parting gifts.

Maybe you could donate one of those handfull of Raptor ransmissions you have replaced.:D

It also looks like Douggie is such a board whore that he has other people posting for him.

-Mark

redcagepatrol
10-31-2002, 08:11 AM
Who is going???

Krawler68
10-31-2002, 08:57 AM
that bastard Hal...

Give him an inch (or two inches with a dogleg) and he takes advatage of it...

I say to hell with the bastages... I think his ZJ may fall apart when wheeled...

Give 'em hell boys

Doug Krebs
10-31-2002, 04:17 PM
First off, lets all calm down, this isn't the kitchen so watch what you say. Go talk somewhere else like this, any more and i'm deleting the thread. Also, can someone lead this run??? My rig is still not up to going to gilmer right now. If know one can lead it, i will ride with someone. Thanks - Doug

Cody_91YJ
10-31-2002, 07:47 PM
I'll go if I can find someone to work for me Fri->Sun....which I kinda doubt but we'll see