PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a welder?

Gearhead61
03-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Is there anyone here who has a welder and is good enough with it that they could help me put together a small roll-cage for my rig? I'll buy beer and pizza for your troubles, but I don't have money to pay a shop to do it. I'd like to do it as soon as possible after Spring Break, but it'll depend on when I can get the stuff for the roll cage bought, cut, and bent.

Gearhead61
03-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Bump?

DRAGOONRANCH
03-07-2007, 04:59 AM
I am sure I could help you some when I get home, but that wont be till mid-april though.

JeepPhisherman
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I've got a mig, but I won't weld up a roll cage for you, don't trust my **** that much yet.

Gearhead61
03-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Ed, mid-April would likely be alright. I know the parents want it to get put in quickly, but they also want it to be done well. If no one else can help, I'll get with you when you're back and we'll work something out. Thanks man.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
No problem, I am sure we can get some others involved if there are some libations invovled

Gearhead61
03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Haha that's fine by me. Beats the $600 some shop would want for me to install it. I'm sure you guys could drink that much beer, but I don't know if you could do it before we finished the cage!

BIGJIMMY
03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
if you got a mig, I got the skills you could trust

DRAGOONRANCH
03-07-2007, 11:05 PM
...but I don't know if you could do it before we finished the cage!

Never doubt the liquid consumption skills of this bunch. :gigem:

Gearhead61
03-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Yeah I realized that mentioning that might be construed as a challenge... which I'm completely psyched for.

BMFScout
03-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Haha that's fine by me. Beats the $600 some shop would want for me to install it. I'm sure you guys could drink that much beer, but I don't know if you could do it before we finished the cage!

If Shorty's Tater Hill Tavern in Clayton would have been charging Dallas prices we could have easily surpassed that!

DRAGOONRANCH
03-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I am pretty sure that we surpassed that the first night at the A to tha muthafawkin A in liquor alone :gigem:

jerryg79
03-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I am pretty sure that we surpassed that the first night at the A to tha muthafawkin A in liquor alone :gigem:

My head still hurts from that ****, I think I tore my liver.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-08-2007, 09:15 AM
I am sure it will be fine, atleast you pickled it well before the tear happened.

jerryg79
03-08-2007, 09:28 AM
I am sure it will be fine, atleast you pickled it well before the tear happened.

This reminds me of an old army story:

My 2nd time at Mardi Gras, me, karl, and Zenner were the only ones out of 15-20 people who were 21. Zenner (being a doosh) was too afraid to buy booze for everyone, I think Karl was sick with mono, so I was buying half if not all the drinks for 15+ people.

I would go into the bar by 5 hand grenades, hand them out to my underage associates, and get back in line. After the 5th-6th time through the line, these old drunk people started looking at me wierd. the questioned why I was buying so much booze. I proceeded to convince them, that I was in fact born without a liver, and that because of this it was very hard for me to get drunk. They took the story hook, line, and sinker.

Everytime after that, they'd tell everyone within shouting distance that I was born without a liver and that they should let me cut. I think they even bought me a round once, and I know I was in a picture with of their flabby boobed wives.

Later that evening, Karl choked me in a fit of rage.

BMFScout
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Why didn't I meet the Houston kids my freshman year? (which was actually my "Junior" year if you want to get technical.)

Doug Krebs
03-08-2007, 09:39 AM
This reminds me of an old army story:

My 2nd time at Mardi Gras, me, karl, and Zenner were the only ones out of 15-20 people who were 21. Zenner (being a doosh) was too afraid to buy booze for everyone, I think Karl was sick with mono, so I was buying half if not all the drinks for 15+ people.

I would go into the bar by 5 hand grenades, hand them out to my underage associates, and get back in line. After the 5th-6th time through the line, these old drunk people started looking at me wierd. the questioned why I was buying so much booze. I proceeded to convince them, that I was in fact born without a liver, and that because of this it was very hard for me to get drunk. They took the story hook, line, and sinker.

Everytime after that, they'd tell everyone within shouting distance that I was born without a liver and that they should let me cut. I think they even bought me a round once, and I know I was in a picture with of their flabby boobed wives.

Later that evening, Karl choked me in a fit of rage.

was I on that one?

jerryg79
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm trying to remember how I got there that time. It was the time we had two hotel rooms next to eachother.

Other highlights: Jason couldnt find the hotel and ended having to pay $200 for a room with his gf (michelle).

I paid $15 for a flask of taaka vodka.

That was the time alternative danny went too I think.

Doug Krebs
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm trying to remember how I got there that time. It was the time we had two hotel rooms next to eachother.

Other highlights: Jason couldnt find the hotel and ended having to pay $200 for a room with his gf (michelle).

I paid $15 for a flask of taaka vodka.

That was the time alternative danny went too I think.

ok I was on that one. Actually I think I went on all of them. I think that was the time before we sprayed the armbands on the back of a picture?

hell all those trips blur together.

Edit:Karl, your webpage still up? You always were the historian :flipoff2:

Edit2: Ok, I think it was the trip where tracy forgot her contact case and use to plasic cups? Is that the trip where we got a picture of the security guard throwing up some kinda sign?

fbronco86
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
ok I was on that one. Actually I think I went on all of them. I think that was the time before we sprayed the armbands on the back of a picture?

hell all those trips blur together.

Edit:Karl, your webpage still up? You always were the historian :flipoff2:

Edit2: Ok, I think it was the trip where tracy forgot her contact case and use to plasic cups? Is that the trip where we got a picture of the security guard throwing up some kinda sign?

Krebs you went around giving girls mono one year. Remember that? We saw Nicolas Cage that year too I think.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
HMMM, I knew some corps girls that ended up with mono, I wonder if it was about the same time?????

bburris
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I had mono my sophomore year...

Doug?!?!

Reckless
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
damn, people get around

KrazyKarl02
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Web page is still up, not updated for quite some time, here it is (http://krazykarl02.tripod.com) Click pictures. As my record serves:

First year: Actually Sophomore year, I had mono, we got their in my '65 chevelle and in Greg Trykoski's truck. For some reason Greg left early like at 4AM or something dumb.... Jerry wrote the song "boobies are cool" set to Sangria Wine by JJW, everyone was under age.... 8 people went, 1 room

Second Year: 20+ people, 2 hotel rooms, girls with lots of drama, Jason & Michelle could not find the hotel. Alternative Danny came, That chick Karen came, Doug tried to hook it up and got rejected, I tried to kill Jerry, literally

Third Year: 13 people, 1 crappy hotel room, Russell's little brother went, as did Chris Moore. We beat the crap out of Moore, we had to paint arm bands to get back in the hotel.

Fourth Year: Lot of people, I found the world's most ghetto hotel, which I think was called the La Salle Hotel... Rented a 15 person van... We actually went to Pat O'brians

Fifth year, non of yall went so bite me.

KrazyKarl02
03-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Side Note: Thread has been snaked :flipoff2:

jerryg79
03-08-2007, 01:56 PM
i forgot the 2nd year we rented that impala, oh and i dont think jason and courtney were together back then.

oh yeah, and the 4th year was the first time i saw new orleans during the daylight***

***i had actually seen the mcdonalds and popeyes during the daylight but that was it.

BMFScout
03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
This fits in with the New Orleans Thread...

He or She??

http://joeschwartz.net/shemale/index.html#

I got 14 out of 16, and I would have gotten 15/16, but I thought one was a trick.

sammybeast
03-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I got a sp225 mig and one of those ****ty hydraulic benders, grinders, chop saw, cuttin torch, etc. I can lay down a strong weld, I put 130' of tubing in mine and have rolled it many times, gave it a good barrel roll yesterday, never have had a crack, but I dont know if ill be able to help much as Im getting Knee surgery next week and will be out for a while. You are welcome to use some of it though or do it here. --Aaron

Gearhead61
03-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks Aaron I may have to take you up on that! Good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery!

sammybeast
03-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Sure just let me know. (979)823-5038