PDA

View Full Version : Farmer Fred's cummins swap

Sharpe
04-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Well a bunch of yall met my friend Farmer Fred (he really is a farmer and his name really is Fred) at college weekend and/or port A and here's his current project. He is putting a 2nd gen cummins 12 valve into his 89 Chevy V3500 crewcab 4x4. I was a little skeptical when he started because he has a history of extreme afro-engineering stuff on the farm but so far hes done a prety damn good job. Also, the truck he started with was CHERRY, quite possibly the most beautiful specimin of a chevy truck I have ever seen. It was owned by an old man and had 60k miles on it when he got it. It had a TBI 454, sm465, np205, dana 60 and 14 bolt with 4.10 gears.

The motor allegedly has less than 100k and it runs prety damn well. He's using the motor mounts from a guy that goes by crewcab59 on coloradok5. Hes running a NV4500 that came with the motor to which he atached the 205 the truck originally came with. When I stopped by to give him some parts today he had the truck running, and hes currently working on all the wiring (which isnt much but still one more thing to do). He had to notch the frame on the passenger side to clear the a/c pump but they braced it with some 1/4" plate on the outside. Here's pics, I'll post more next time I see the truck.

jerryg79
04-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Also, the truck he started with was CHERRY, quite possibly the most beautiful specimin of a chevy truck I have ever seen.

:laughing: :laughing:

StevenAg03
04-02-2007, 08:44 AM
i will build one some day... looks bad ass...