PDA

View Full Version : Less Nasty...

stx4wheeler
07-14-2007, 04:07 PM
WEll as i have talked about before i am tired of having a big turd that I cant drive around town or take to the beach etc.. I enjoy the more hard core trails, but i enjoyed my truck much more when it was mildy stock and could be driven on multiple 2-3 hour road trips without fixing something.

At first i thought i wanted to build a buggy right away, but in the first year or so after graduation i still wont have the kind of budget to build a good solid buggy from the ground up.

So then i decided I would be another 78-79 bronco, maily because i really like these trucks, and two i have tons of stock parts for them. Well i have a freind back home that has a bone stock 79 bronco with the 400/c-6/205. My friend bought the truck in 1980 i believe and has had it ever since. It was daily driven up until about 2001. This truck came with all of the options possible from the factory like, factory cb, roll bar, rear sliding windows etc. The truck has never been wrecked and never abused. It has some surface and mild rust but no holes thru the body or bondo everywhere like big nasty.

Plans for this truck are to make more of a weekend driver, play toy. I want it to look nice and stay that way. Also i want to be able to take it on trips to the beach and deerlease and not have to trailer it. So this truck is going to be way more of a mall crawler in a sense than the normal rigs that most of us around the club build.

Plans as of right now:
Swap the Big Block out of big nasty into here-prolly swap out the extreme cam for a milder one
Swap out the front square headlights for the round ones off of big nasty
4 inch lift
Repaint the truck see below for options
Anti- wrap bar
a drop in locker and prolly some after market equipment for the nine inch
build new bumpers and rock slider/steps

As for tires i am pretty much set on 36x13.5 iroks probably radials
Rims size i want to run 17 some nice chrome 17 inch wheels

here are some pics of what it looks like now, i will be picking it up in the next month or so, and i will updats some paint, rim, and other pictures tonight.

stx4wheeler
07-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Alright for paint i am thinking the same two tone paint design but with slightly different colors. But i also have some other designs or schemes that i like.. here are some pics of paint schemes, and designs i like on these bronco's

http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168

My favorite 4
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/1979072_G
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/4605_3
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/Bronco_June
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/Todd_01

For two tone it will be this design or the one that is already on the truck.
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/A_Reed_01

the blue on either of the two designs would be either fords sonic blue shown below with a white center
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/bronco008
or this one which is toyota fj blue
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/1979072_G?full=1

I have also thought about changing the white soild section in between the blue to a metallic light tan

J Cooper
07-14-2007, 08:52 PM
paint is for fools... primer it

J Cooper
07-14-2007, 09:01 PM
jk i kinda like this one

http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album168/A_Reed_01

stx4wheeler
07-14-2007, 09:29 PM
alright im pretty sure i want 17's, but if i find a wheel i really like 16's might be had as well.

Right now i am also leaning towards chrome wheels cause they seem to be easier to take care of. Lots of the aluminium wheels i see get very dull or dingy, unless you really spend lots of time cleaning them which i dont want to do. Do the polished aluminium wheels act the same way?

Some i like:
http://superbuytires.com/ION/Type%20170/

http://superbuytires.com/ION/Type%20172/

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT64862.aspx

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT64860.aspx

http://www.4wheelparts.com/partLists.aspx?plID=2893&w=2515-25

http://www.4wheelparts.com/partLists.aspx?plID=5304&w=2515-25

http://www.4wheelparts.com/partLists.aspx?plID=3632&w=2515-25

xd balzac with fake lock
http://www.kmcwheels.com/html_pages/xdseries.html

enduro with fake lock ring

diesel with fake lock ring

Graystroke
07-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I think a pale light yellow (where the blue is) and white would be cool.

stx4wheeler
07-14-2007, 09:35 PM
like this

redcagepatrol
07-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Lynda and I like the yellow :gigem:

CheapJeep
07-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I like the 2nd one with the light blue and last one with the prerunner bar and chrome grill. The pale yellow looks good too.

For rims the one in the first link looks good, I like the different style of ring. The 5th one looks good too.

JeepPhisherman
07-15-2007, 08:44 AM
The second paint option is my favorite too.

And just stick with some polished classic locks from MT. Can't beat the look. Procomp also makes a similar wheel for cheaper, the 1069 or 1079. One of "locked" one isn't. I've got both on my 35's and they look great.

Graystroke
07-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah, like that.

BroncoJo
07-15-2007, 11:16 PM
For the paint I always like the second one pictured. Thats how I'm repainting mine if I can ever get the rust under controll, although I might substitute blue for marroon.

I've actually put all of my other projects that I will probly never finish on hold to rebuild my bronco into a dd. I'm staying with the m-block and swapping in an overdrive transmission.

If you need any chrome peices let me know, I have most of them in good to decent shape. I just going to put back the top row of chrome.

RCcola55
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
i think you are going at this all wrong

FJAggie07
07-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I like all the paint schemes suggested.

Be careful going 17's, ***** to find good tires for. I am struggling through that now.

nickas
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
i like the dark blue on white but reverse - white on dark blue

dont paint the top of the cab and hood white like some of the pics

Seth
07-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I Vote Solid Fj Blue With White Top And No Kmc Wheels - Too Bling.

fbronco86
07-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I would keep the same two tone paint. I kinda like the yellow.

The square headlights are pimp. keep the round headlights for the homo eb crowd.

Small lift and 33's

For engines I would go with a 351W with exploder FI and a 4R70W overdrive. (I am looking for that setup for my eb)

stx4wheeler
07-28-2007, 11:47 PM
i may have found a set or tires and wheels that are 8 lug for this project, but the problem is they are 37's not 36's, which made me start comparing the price diff, in building a nine versus a sterling. With chromo shafts, and the gears and the same locker in either axle the sterling is going to be about equal or a little cheaper. I want to keep the nine, but i think i will need to get the nodular housing as well to run 36-37's, which will put the sterling at a cheaper price even with converting the front 44 to 8 lug. decisions decisions

discuss your thoughts if you care to on this matter

this truck wont see to hard of wheeling, but will see street burnouts prolly quite often

JB
07-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Given your expectations for this truck, I would build a moderate 9"

stx4wheeler
07-29-2007, 12:22 AM
main pro's for the nine to me are the light weight, and not having to mess with changing out the bolt pattern on the front

CheapJeep
07-29-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd go with a moderately built 9" like John said. Going back to a sterling and 44 seems like it'd be reliving the past. You might spend more building a good 9" but in the end you will have a nice looking/driving ride.

william_ace
07-29-2007, 03:18 AM
quit thinking so much. you have been on fsb as much as i have. there are plenty of people running 9" rear ends stock and 37's. regear it if you need to and call it good. the only reason i'd say go with sterling is because of the 460. in that case i might have one layin around for ya

Sharpe
07-29-2007, 01:48 PM
quit thinking so much. you have been on fsb as much as i have. there are plenty of people running 9" rear ends stock and 37's. regear it if you need to and call it good. the only reason i'd say go with sterling is because of the 460. in that case i might have one layin around for ya
Yah Cook has had great luck with 9"s...

Sterling.

AggieTJ2007
07-29-2007, 02:00 PM
cook didn't have them set u pright, a nine inch can be stronger if you don't you cheap parts. He said he wanted to go with alloy shafts, and good gears and pinion support a nine inch will be supper strong

stx4wheeler
07-29-2007, 03:57 PM
but my problem is a nodular third with 4.56s and a detroit or a true trac is like is in the 1200-1500 range, plus 300 for shafts, that is a **** load of skrilla so i am leaning towards sterling, for that much i could swap the front to 8 lug, disk brake, lock and gear the sterling. decisions decisions

eight
07-29-2007, 04:39 PM
D60 or D70 parts cheaper than the sterling?

Don't those 9s like to crack the tube at the perch?

RCcola55
07-29-2007, 06:51 PM
no need for nodular case, this is gonna be a beah queen. get good gears and shafts and a good carrier replacement and it will be fine. The only thing cook ever broke was the carrier and shafts.

william_ace
07-29-2007, 10:39 PM
exactly what i was thinkin. its gonna be a beach and street truck. just lock it and gear it. you dont need fancy shafts or anything. ryan used an 8.8 on 37s forever and it held up decent enough. even when he wheeled it when it was welded, he wheeled it hard, and after it broke one time from shotty welding, i dont ever think it broke again. 9" will be fine.

JB
07-29-2007, 10:59 PM
9"

william_ace
08-12-2007, 12:46 PM
hows this comin along?

stx4wheeler
08-12-2007, 08:13 PM
still in south texas, big nasty hasnt been torn to pieces yet, because i have been spending to many weekeds drinking beer, and or fishing

BMFScout
08-12-2007, 10:34 PM
White Trash Deadliest Catch!!!

stx4wheeler
10-06-2007, 07:27 PM
well i have been collecting parts for this truck, and i am going to make arrangements to pick it up hopefully by the end of the month. Today i snagged a set of 315/70/17 inch bfg a/t with prolly 30-40 percent tread for 125, to go with the wheels i picked up last weekend. i also have the 4 inch lift coils for the front end, and the caster correction c-bushings to go with them. :gigem:

i plan on running 36 irok radials but i got these tires cheap enough for me to run them until i can get some other things done on the truck and save some green for the 36's.

stx4wheeler
10-07-2007, 06:25 PM
well i picked up the tires today and was suprised to see that they had about half tread on all of them.

scottsdale87
10-07-2007, 08:17 PM
NICE! Hey if you want to get rid of them rims i'll be glad to take em' off your hands. :gigem:

stx4wheeler
01-31-2008, 11:56 PM
alright after talking with jerry tonight, i think we are gonna go to south tejas and pick this how up the weekend of feb. 23, whoop.

p.s hopefully jerry still agree's once the never ending free beer ticket wears off:gigem:

KrazyKarl02
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
alright after talking with jerry tonight, i think we are gonna go to south tejas and pick this how up the weekend of feb. 23, whoop.

p.s hopefully jerry still agree's once the never ending free beer ticket wears off:gigem:

Shotgun! I called it....

jerryg79
02-01-2008, 12:43 AM
still in! the ladies bday is on the 19th but i'll take care fo that b4hand!

*** ***!

KrazyKarl02
02-01-2008, 01:06 AM
still in! the ladies bday is on the 19th but i'll take care fo that b4hand!

*** ***!

Umm, you don't mind if I drink the entire ride there and back?

jerryg79
02-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Umm, you don't mind if I drink the entire ride there and back?

im a gonna goss some b!tches!

DRAGOONRANCH
02-01-2008, 01:48 AM
im a gonna goss some b!tches!

So you are going to felatiate Karl while he drinks on the trip? :confused2

KrazyKarl02
02-01-2008, 10:31 AM
So you are going to felatiate Karl while he drinks on the trip? :confused2

Man this trip just keeps getting better for me!

DRAGOONRANCH
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Make him take his dentures out first though, it is much smoother that way. So I've heard. :eek:

jerryg79
02-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Man this trip just keeps getting better for me!

oh it gets better, we're parking it at your house!

stx4wheeler
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Anyone wanna ride with me to south texas friday afternoon. i think i am gonna be tow dollying my new 79 bronco behind my work truck and would like a companion in case something craps out on one of the vehicles, anyone? Or anyone with a 3/4 or 1 ton wanna tow it for me, i'll pay for gas and food. Also will be coming back saturday.

Call me as i dont have internet at my casa about wings or the road trip. 979 574 5870

redcagepatrol
02-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm down here now with all of the snowbirds. You need anything?
From Alamo (had a fire at a compressor station...)
Scott

stx4wheeler
04-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Well i finally picked it up today from my buddy and will be making the trek with it back to h-town tomorrow. i ahvent had a lot of time to really look it over, but all in all it seems alright.

Good things
Motor started right up after sitting for over a year, and ran really good. A new motor was installed in '94 and currently has 80,000 miles on a new cluster that was installed with the motor. New fuel pump, and a few other assorted goodies. Interior is not as good as it was the last time i saw it 3 or so years ago, mainly because of the driver window falling down, but with some shampoo and vacuum it will be alright. No rusty floorboards, and the motor/tranny doesnt leak a drop. The front end also seems to have all new bushings, and it has a hidden kill switch. Other good things- factory roll bar, ac was replaced 2 years ago or so.

Bad-
Two spots above the front windshield have about 1 1/2-2 1/2 in. rusty patches that have gone all the way thru in some spots. there is one other bad spot in the passengerside door jam, and the tailgate has some very minor spots as well. There is also one small dent right behind the rear bumper.

stx4wheeler
04-26-2008, 07:29 PM
alright ill try to get some pictures some time in the week. So far i have cleaned up most of the interior. Put on the 315/s and fancy wheels that karl was so gracious and mounted forme. It runs and drives great. There are lots of little things to do. Mainly i am stoked to have a ride that you jump in turn the key and drive.

william_ace
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM
whats the word on the bronc there kev

stx4wheeler
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
will update with pictures and giant twist to this story tonight, im assuming will knows already

stx4wheeler
07-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Part one
South Texas bronco
Replaced the window tracks so they crank up easy now, replaced a started solenoid, some light signals and stuff.

Then I started putting the 4 inch lift on. I sanded, repainted, cleared the coils that i got from cook as well as cleaned up the add a leaf and other parts. I made a trac-bar drop down. The drop pitman arm i got from cook was keyed incorectly for the 78-79 box, and i havent ordered shocks yet. Here are a few pics.

stx4wheeler
07-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Part two

Well about 3 weeks ago i was doing my usual search of off-road board classifieds and i run across a 78 bronco in dallas. The guy needed money and needed to get rid of it even though he didnt want to. The bronco had 6 in lift, 4.56's f/r with a full detroit in the rear all installed by 4wp. It was sitting on 37x12.5x15 inch mtr's with 90-95 percent tread on some cheapo chrome spoke wheels. Then it also came with a brand new never touched the ground fullsize mtr's spare on a white wagon wheel. It was for sale for a good price but the guy was fairly hard to get in touch with. Well i stayed with it and jewed him down enough to cover the gas from houston to dallas to pick it up.

The problems he listed: cracked dash bezel(have new one), dented door, broken rear driveshaft

When i get there to pick up the truck last saturday i saw what i was getting for the price, and loaded it up as fast as i could before he changed his mind.

What i got was a bronco that had no rust holes like the other bronco does. He was the second owner and owned it for 11 years. It has the original 351,tranny, etc. The lift has 6 shocks, twin steering stablizers one for the trac-bar and one for the draglink, extended sway bar links, and new driveshafts front and rear.

The bronco started right up the first time. The broken rear driveshaft turned out to be a u-joint so for 14 bucks and 20 minutes i had it fixed before i unloaded it from the trailer.

Everything works on it all, lights interior and exterior, brakes are good, it drives better than the other bronco. It also has a cd player. The a/c blows barely so i think it needs a re-charge.

I think the 6 inch and 37's is growing on my rather than 4 inch and 36's. I think i am gonna sell the bronco i got first and build this one since it is in so much better shape. Im pretty much gonna take the best parts from both and make one nice bronco.

The only thing that sucks is the rim size. i love the 17's i have on the other bronco, so right now i am trying to decide if i want to sell the current 37's and get some 36-37 iroks on 17's and keep my wheels, or sell my wheels and get some nice 15inch wheels.

So far i have changed out the dented front bumper, anteana, outside door handle, inside door handle, beat part of the dents from the door, and greased the tailgate.

stx4wheeler
07-25-2008, 06:54 PM
more

uglyota
07-25-2008, 07:50 PM
sweet. Why does a trac-bar need a shock?

I like your trailer. How long is it?

stx4wheeler
07-25-2008, 08:08 PM
it is karls trailer

The trac bar thing is a new one to me. In all of my bronco knowledge a trace bar must be dropped just like a draglink to maintain proper geometry well this truck has a dropped pitman arm and no trac bar drop. Yet it has a stabilizer that bolts onto the trac bar and then onto the tierod. that is the reason i think it still drives fine

william_ace
07-25-2008, 08:21 PM
good find kev. its pretty much what you were looking to do to the other one but already done right? i thought about callin that guy too but i dont need something like that yet. if you decide to part out the other bronco. which i doubt you will. i'll buy the shafts from you for some spares.

BroncoJo
07-25-2008, 08:37 PM
man you stole that thing. The track bar shock is not a fix, if you are going to drive it match the angle of the drag link. I didn't do that and went through a steering box a month.

stx4wheeler
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
anyone heard about what kind of milage people are getting out of irok radials? i think i am gonna post these tires up for sale on the net in a few places and see what response i get. It would pretty much be a wash i either have 5 tires to roatate thru and wheels i like for a couple hundred bucks or i get 4 tires i like and wheels i like for a couple hundred

bburris
07-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I know they aren't sexy, but those wheels actually look decent on that truck. Kind of an old-school 80s cruise truck look...

stx4wheeler
08-16-2008, 06:04 PM
alright after driving it around quite a bit, and cruising to the beaumont cruise. I am unsatisfied with the power. I got 10.3 mpg with some town driving and to and from the cruise. I think that the mileage isnt gonna be to much worse than the 351.

So on to what i need to do to the 460 from big nasty to put it in this bronco, so i would like some help from the motor guru's. Also this is gonna stay a carb so if efi swap is what you have in mind then this isnt the post for you.

What big nasty's motor has
huge cam i think this is the cam i used i am away from my house and dont have the cam card with me-
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA%2D34%2D330%2D4&autoview=sku
straight up timing gear set to get rid of the factory retard
bored .030 over
factory pistons i believe
stock intake
1 inch carb spacer
k&N
motorcraft two barrel carb i think it is a 500 or 550cfm it is the motorcraft one that is so good, and most people like maybe 5125 model number?
truck's exhaust is stock manifolds to a 3 inch system with a flowmast 80 series i believe
msd blaster coil

Bad/things that need to change:
The cam has a power range that is 2000-6000 which is way to much for a street driver it took all of the ass out of the motor at low rpms and take off. It also robbed all of the vacuum from my brakes which is not an option on this truck. It sounds bad ass though(thanks highschool friends dad who helped me pick it out(who coincidentally built stock cars).
Needs a aftermarket intake
I am also gonna do some dremel work on the exhuast ports on the heads to remove some of the casting pieces and what not that these motors had.
Change carb

I would like some help picking out a cam and intake like i said 85 percent of this trucks life will be on the street. I have a brand new stock cam but would like something to compliment the intake and give a little more power.

intakes-
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294908331+4294840123+42949250 74+4294925239+115+4294822065

looking at one of the top two most likely

cams-
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294908331+4294840123+42949250 74+115+4294887637

i am kind at a loss at picking a cam since it has been so long since i did my 460 research knowledge, should i just get a matched cam/intake combo?

Carbs-
the motorcraft ran great off-road but is starving the motor.
i have an edelbrock performer 1406 600cfm that came off a parts truck that i will prolly rebuild and put on there, and i have a q-jet also but i am leaning towards the edelbrock. I am open to other carb options

so give me any info or help you gots.

redcagepatrol
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
does anyone know of a good book or site to read on picking the right cam?

yep,
go to the junkyard and pickup a GM 6.0 or 8.1, bolt it into the truck and call it good...

stx4wheeler
08-16-2008, 11:07 PM
ah yes the gm 6.0 piece of poo that is in my work truck that wont bolt up to my ford parts.

anyway after a little reading it is looking like i am looking for a cam with 250-264 duration,(195-210 at 0.50), and a tighter lobe seperation versus the current cam that has a wide seperation.

i also figured my rpm's at 70 and the motor would be turning 2900

i also have a new stock cam sitting in my garage

BroncoJo
08-17-2008, 10:17 AM
I assume your still using the c6? Whats the stall in the converter your running?

you could go with something like this, they even got 4x4 and tourqe in their names...
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL%2D5066&autoview=sku
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA%2D34%2D239%2D4&autoview=sku

seriously you should be able to better judge the best compents for your motor, than me. I wouldn't go for idle and real low rpm power with a 460, build it up for a 3000-6000 powerband and I seriouly dout it would ever bog down.

as for carbs I would recomend something bigger than an 800 for power, but I think the Holley 770 truck advenger would suit you best. I am a huge fan of these carbs.

stx4wheeler
08-17-2008, 02:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280254884943

picked up these 460 swap perches and motor mounts, the mounts and perches go for about 300 or so new, and i actually almost purchased this exact set from the guy on fsb for 230 2 months ago. im glad i waited on buying them.

As for the cam i will go with from from idle- 5000 or whatever or something similiar not to crazy. Here is one that a guy recomoneded off or fsb

http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&lvl=2&prt=5&Vehicle_Type=Auto&Cylinders=8&Engine_Make=FORD-MERCURY&Year=1970&Engine_Size=370-460%20C.I.&partNumber=350501&partType=camshaft

For the time being i will put the 600cfm on there and see what happens, then later on save up for a larger carb.

BroncoJo
08-17-2008, 05:42 PM
that cam is too small imo, its similar to the one I have (same brand) and I hate how my trucks powerband peaks at like 4000. the one I posted says something like 1800-5xxx, factory stall in a c6 is like 1400-1500.

and how in the hell did you get 10 mpg? downhill?

Graystroke
08-17-2008, 10:48 PM
I would put in a RV cam...fred, what do you think?

PS I like the trim on the other bronco better...you need to figure out how to mount it on that one...two tone paint is cool.

stx4wheeler
10-30-2008, 03:48 PM
sold the 37 mtr's for 1g and ordered some 37x12.5x17 irok radials should be here in the next week or two.

I used a dremel to cut out the shallow cup holders and install a set of black cup holder inserts from a 95 bronco center console so you can now use cans all the way up to whataburger cups without having to worry about spilling them.

Installed a new head unit and some 6x9's. I also replaced the bezel around the guages with one that has the fake wood finish.

jerryg79
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
sold the 37 mtr's for 1g and ordered some 37x12.5x17 irok radials should be here in the next week or two.

I used a dremel to cut out the shallow cup holders and install a set of black cup holder inserts from a 95 bronco center console so you can now use cans all the way up to whataburger cups without having to worry about spilling them.

Installed a new head unit and some 6x9's. I also replaced the bezel around the guages with one that has the fake wood finish.

what no blue lights and muffler/cat delete?

agjohn02
10-30-2008, 03:59 PM
why the switch from mtrs to iroks? just wheel size or what?

stx4wheeler
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
yeah i am going to use the 17 in black wheels that are on the blue/white bronco earlier in the thread. it only cost me about 200 bones to switch over since i found a great deal on the iroks online.

agjohn02
10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
thats what i figured. i was just wondering if you based that on the performance of the iroks over the mtrs. is this going to be more of a DD or a wheeler?

stx4wheeler
10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
dd beach cruiser. i wanted km's but they are to pricey, and mtr's are super soft. I have heard that the irok radials and a little harder than the mtr's, plus they have a better look.

i thought about going to 35's or 36's, but my problem was that with the 4.56's gears and 315 bfgs that are on there now the motor is screaming at highway speeds. The 315's measure about 33 1/2 right now mounted so i figured at 35 wouldn't be much better. With the 37's the motor stayed below 3,000 at 70-75. I think a 36 would have been optimum but the only tires available in a 36 radial are tsl's, and some off-brands. Irok has a 36x13.5 radial but that was going to rub to much on the radius arms for my liking. So thats why i stuck with 37's

stx4wheeler
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
picked up a new reproduction tailgate shell for $200 on the list. Will make an easy fix for my dented gate that got messed up at last years Beaumont cruise.

Fred I'll prolly be calling you sometime in the next few days to get your thoughts on some body work I'm thinking of doing.

Also 37iroks kill possums like a champ! Ask hotpocket I was on the phone with him when I hit it.

stx4wheeler
09-08-2009, 05:32 PM
ready for fishing

J Cooper
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
glad my kayaks are being put to good use :flipoff2:

my dad was asking about them this weekend.

davido
09-09-2009, 01:41 AM
That truck is cool looking! If they were john-boats, it would be quite the redneck Roveresque poser shot. :)

robertf03
09-09-2009, 08:40 AM
That truck is cool looking! If they were john-boats, it would be quite the redneck Roveresque poser shot. :)

:gigem:

william_ace
09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
looking good kevin!

uglyota
09-09-2009, 09:20 AM
looks pimp. Please don't wheel it

colman
09-09-2009, 11:17 AM
he has his bastardised waggy for wheeling, i also hope this is a mall crawler or aggie highwayesk wheeler. also i like those rims are they beadlocks or fakelocks

stx4wheeler
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
fakelocks, This truck is a mall crawler/beach cruiser and pulls out cars at my rent house, it does not and will not get wheeled.

stx4wheeler
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Over the last few months I have been working on the half doors for the bronco. They will be made very closely to the ones I had on big nasty, but with a few more finishing touches.

Things to complete this week to finish them:
Install a few more braces in the door that is not capped yet
Weld cap on
Cut holes for cup holders
Install speaker quick connects
Cut out and rebuild the bottom of one of the doors that is rusted
Figure out what color to paint

stx4wheeler
06-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Well I was waiting on some parts for the half doors to arrive when I decided that a bronco with half doors should have a half top. This was mainly decided upon that when I drive the bronco to my girlfriends I like to take the top off, but I hate leaving my truck open to the natives, and the horrid humidity. The full top is a pain to take on and off when I am at her house so this is hopefully an easier way to have the best of both worlds.

I have some plans to cover the back cargo area as well to make a tonneau (sp) cover of sorts that I can lock as well.

stx4wheeler
06-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Tonight i sectioned the top and got about 75% of the prep work done so tomorrow i can hopefully lay glass and sand some more. P.S fawk using a jigsaw as the interweb and such suggested to. The grinder with a cutoff wheel is the way to roll. The back window will be lexan and the sides will hopefully be shortened stock glass if the glass company can cut it right.

Few more...

stx4wheeler
06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Btw I shortened it 27" this will still allow someone to comfortably sit in the back seat.

agjohn02
06-18-2010, 06:53 AM
This thing is quickly becoming Big Nasty 2.0

stx4wheeler
06-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Alright I have the drivers half door finally completed, and the passengerside should be done tomorrow.

The finished product took a little longer than expected because I waited 4-5 days to get a replacement lower door skin from bronco graveyard( ie foreign poop). Well once it got here I layed it on top of the door only to find out that the bottom lip of the door is 1/4 inch longer than stock. The contour fit great but it hung down about 1/4 in to much. I then proceded to rebuild the cancerous area using body panel chunks from big nasty.

Overall I am very happy with the door and remembered how much I hate sanding bondo!

stx4wheeler
06-28-2010, 09:07 PM
few more

KrazyKarl02
06-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Looks good, did the cup holders make the cut?

stx4wheeler
06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
No not yet, I can't decide how I want to do them.

RCcola55
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM
i like that you kept the trim, call me this weekend so we can figure out something for the 4th

eight
06-28-2010, 10:36 PM
You can get flush mount plastic cup holders at Academy. I installed one on the little boat, holds beer well, haven't tested with anything else.

DRAGOONRANCH
06-28-2010, 11:54 PM
That looks cool as **** frick. :gigem:

KrazyKarl02
06-29-2010, 07:18 AM
You can get flush mount plastic cup holders at Academy. I installed one on the little boat, holds beer well, haven't tested with anything else.

The debate was install a plastic flush mount that you would pick up and empty the rain water out of or make a metal one that would have to drain through the door, I believe.

JB
06-29-2010, 12:29 PM
The metal ones at academy that cost under $10 have a drain in the bottom of them. Bronco has two, atv has one. Seems like it would would perfect in this application.