PDA

View Full Version : Ford POS Explorer tranny

FJAggie07
08-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Ok my knowledge of transmissions is comparable to my knowledge of tampons, I know the brands and kinds and the general jist of how they work, but any more detailed information is just over my head.

NOW, the current dilemma is my fiance is driving a piece of **** 99 ford explorer and just tonight the damn thing wouldn't engage when she put it in Reverse. Of course I am in Dallas and she is in CS so I talked to her on the phone and I thought it was low tranny fluid so I guided her through revving it up in reverse to see if it would catch, no luck. Then I guided her to check the tranny fluid level, and it was fine. And that is where my knowledge ceases.

So what the hell is going on? The transmission fluid doesn't smell burnt she says so i don't think something is burnt up or running dry in there. Why would it just simply not engage? Something wrong with a clutch or valve or seal? I have no clue maybe ya'll have an idea?

Jackasic
08-08-2007, 10:42 PM
take it to Oliver brother transmissions in Bryan and ask them. they might be able to help over the phone.

BMFScout
08-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Ok my knowledge of transmissions is comparable to my knowledge of tampons, I know the brands and kinds and the general jist of how they work, but any more detailed information is just over my head.

nice...they both involve red fluid too!

DRAGOONRANCH
08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
nice...they both involve red fluid too!

good catch, spoken like a man that has earned his red wings. :gigem: