PDA

View Full Version : Let's find it.

FJAggie07
08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I need some help boys. I need to find a part. I need a steering box off a right hand drive mail jeep. I am trying to figure out a conversion for the 40 and I think I have I just need to find the part. Going to mount up a saginaw pump on the other side and run the hoses to it, I just need to find the box. Who has an idea? Junkyard? Where do post office jeeps go to die?

colman
08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
check with collins bros, they have a big jeep yard

AggieTJ2007
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
why does it have to be a right hand drive jeep. Why not a box that mounts outside the frame on a driverside vehicle (scout) and mount it inside the frame or vice versa

FJAggie07
08-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Haha I just phoned a friend who is a postmaster, the Postal Vehicle Maintenance Center in mesquite has 3 in stock and he is going to buy one and sell it to me at cost! :D

davido
08-10-2007, 11:24 PM
why does it have to be a right hand drive jeep. Why not a box that mounts outside the frame on a driverside vehicle (scout) and mount it inside the frame or vice versa

That was my thought, but sounds like you have it solved.

Seth
08-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I was thinking the other day - where did all the mail jeeps go? there had to have been thousands of them, and all the ones I see now are replaced by the new kind of vanish thing. Yet i don't see tons of surplus right hand drives jeep runnin around -did they torch them or something?

BroncoJo
08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I was thinking the other day - where did all the mail jeeps go? there had to have been thousands of them, and all the ones I see now are replaced by the new kind of vanish thing. Yet i don't see tons of surplus right hand drives jeep runnin around -did they torch them or something?

They use them until they are dead. A place down the street from me use to sell them for like 500-200 dollars, you would have to find one with a good motor and one with a good transmission then combine the two. Sometimes you would have to get one with a good body.

mudtoy67
08-12-2007, 08:21 AM
speak of the devil...

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/395032336.html

Sharpe
08-12-2007, 06:38 PM
My friend Fred is using a DJ (mailjeep) grill on his new buggy. They are ripping off a BTF Fussion chassis design. Having one sitting right next to it makes copying easy...