PDA

View Full Version : Bender rebuild

Doug Krebs
08-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I bent the old arms almost a year ago. I haven't been in a rush to rebuild it, but I've got a little time between semesters.

Plans are 1" plate for the arms and make the stationary arm one long arm for the ram to bolt onto.

I'll finish the drawing tomorrow night...

Thanks to the Brune's for letting me borrow their bender to copy since mine is fubared.

Sharpe
08-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Protools or JD2 dies?

Doug Krebs
08-13-2007, 11:26 PM
The hole pattern should be obvious :flipoff2: Protools.

BMFScout
08-14-2007, 09:04 AM
You done with that **** yet? I might want to start my new roversniperspider buggy any day now, you don't know, I'm crazy!!

Doug Krebs
08-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Almost done jimmy. I'll drill the new arms in the next couple days and just want them there to verify the pattern.

Added to the assembly.

Doug Krebs
08-15-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm playing with the hole circled in red. When the tube just starts to bend is when the most pressure is applied to the arms. It also happens when the arms are only slightly opened and when the ram is a small angle also. I'm considering making the arm with some kinda tab like the blue outline, so I can move the ram back.

I play with cosmos tomorrow and see how angry things are.

Doug Krebs
08-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Stationary arms have been drilled and cut out. I ended up using 3/4 as 1" would have been stupid heavy.

Swing arms shouldn't take long but will probably be done next week sometime. I have to work on my brothers smoker this weekend.