PDA

View Full Version : Discount's

BajaBob
09-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Does anyone in TAMOR work at Discount Tire Co? If so, can you hook me up with a discount on some Goodyear MTR's? I ordered some yesterday and they wont be in till the end of the week. I'm dishing out 900 bucks for em and wanted to get a better deal.

Thanks Guys,

-Bob

jerryg79
09-12-2007, 11:14 AM
i doubt anyone's going to give you a discount. I think they'll price match 4 wheel parts and the like though.

Seth
09-12-2007, 11:26 AM
900 for what size? with mount and balance? certs? I am finally coming to the sad realization that there are times when you just gotta spend some dough. or be patient and look for used. but then you gotta do it more often. It all depends on how cheap you are and how much time you are willing to devote to it.

JeepPhisherman
09-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Why don't you just walk in there and ask the guys in the garage for a discount?

BajaBob
09-12-2007, 12:24 PM
900 for what size? with mount and balance? certs? I am finally coming to the sad realization that there are times when you just gotta spend some dough. or be patient and look for used. but then you gotta do it more often. It all depends on how cheap you are and how much time you are willing to devote to it.

yeah, getting the unlimited balance's and rotations w/ mount and certs. 31" same tires that come stock on the rubicons.

i guess im going to have to bite the bullet on this one! :flipoff2:

Seth
09-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Also - making them last as logn as possible with good alignment, air pressure, and rotation can make your 9 bills last a lot longer. My old mad just got 80k out of stock tires and replaced them before they hit the wear bars. A buddy I used to work with's dad had a super duty diesel he got 60 out of stock tires and 90 out of bfg at's. Tires are a different beast than they used to be.

TxCruzr
09-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Tires are a different beast than they used to be.

They better be. I've been looking at tires for my truck and they are all priced at $10 less then what the 37's on the cruiser cost me :rolleyes:

Eckert
09-12-2007, 01:13 PM
i used to wok there. Didnt robbie work there not too long ago?

they wll price match too. whatever you do dont pay full retail(what they priced you). make them take atleast $15 a tire off. This store prob makes 30K a day.

BajaBob
09-12-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah, i put a 50 dollar deposit down. they are in the middle of remodeling over there, the place a shi* hole. and its always packed. need to schedule an appointment.

JeepPhisherman
09-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Get them to price match tire rack or tyres1.

BajaBob
09-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Get them to price match tire rack or tyres1.

thanks man, i'll do that. tire rack has them for 158 a peice.

JeepPhisherman
09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
FYI, they'll add some $$ to that because the tire rack price does not include shipping or mounting, but that shouldn't be more than $20/tire.

AggieTJ2007
09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
or if they like you they will match the price w/o shipping like they did for my tires.

You really just have to find someone that likes what you do and they will give you a discout

8Runner
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Mike Mcaleese, the manager at Discount, has been giving an informal ~10% discount to TAMOR for years. Just ask for him.

CheapJeep
09-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I've been working for DTC off and on since highschool. I'm taking some time off right now for school (19hrs.) Mike's a good guy (bossman), he actually cares about customers unlike another store I worked at. They might give you a slight discount if you're a returning customer and they will price match if you show them a quote.

TexTJ209
09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
I've been working for DTC off and on since highschool. I'm taking some time off right now for school (19hrs.) Mike's a good guy (bossman), he actually cares about customers unlike another store I worked at. They might give you a slight discount if you're a returning customer and they will price match if you show them a quote.

Ditto on that, they gave me a discounted price on a tire for the J10 when I had a flat because they recognized the weights as Discount Tire ones...even though I wasn't the one that purchased the tire, nor did I have any warranty info or paperwork. :gigem:

jerryg79
09-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Mike Mcaleese, the manager at Discount, has been giving an informal ~10% discount to TAMOR for years. Just ask for him.

isnt he the mayor, oh wait that's mccheese :D