PDA

View Full Version : buggy -$6k

TxCruzr
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Got this in an e-mail. Just incase anyone is interested.
Not too purty, but if you know Edwin, he is always wheeling at Katemcy and owns a cruiser shop around Austin. Used to have a FJ-40 on rockwells. Definitely knows what he is doing.

http://gallery.bighead.org/landcruisers/edwin-buggy/

1981 Toyota base buggy / rock crawler
Custom built 4 seater
Body / cage is made of 1 ¾” 120 wall D.O.M,
Motor: 22R runs on propane
Radiator: FJ-40 over sized
Transmission: stock 5spd
1st Transfer case: stock
Marlin crawler
2nd transfer case: stock
Skid plate: Budbuilt
Front axle: FJ-80 w/stock axle shafts and gears welded
Steering: full hydraulic with orbital valve & quick release steering wheel
Rear axle: FJ-80 w/stock shafts and stock gears welded
Suspension: Front is leaf sprung & the rear is 4 linked using brand new sway-a-way air shocks
Front 5000lb winch w/new rope
Rear 2000lb winch w/new rope (used for pulling the rear down when needed)
Tires: 42” Irok’s like new (90% tread)
Rims: O.M.F aluminum bead locks w/rock buttons
Seats: fronts 2 are aluminum kirker’s and the rears 2 are poly RCI’s
Seat belts: each seat has a 5 point harness
The buggy weighs in around 2500lbs

I built this rig as light as I could with out losing any thing in safety. This rig has walked every thing I have pointed it at and never felt like it needed more (well maybe some times I wish it had a v6).
I have wheeled this rig in Las Cruises at the Chille Challenge, Arkansas at the razor back run at the super lift park, and at every hard trail or event here in Texas. IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A ROCK CRAWLER THAT YOU CAN TAKE YOUR WHOLE FAMILY OUT TO WHEEL AS HARD AS YOU LIKE THIS IS THE BUGGY YOU’RE LOOKING FOR BAR NUN.
$6000.00 O.B.O

Eckert
10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
i know edwin. real standup guy. sold me the engine for my '84. he just recently added the air shocks on the rear. i dont even know if he has wheeled it since then. he no longer owns the cruiser shop and "rents" a bay from JK Customs.