PDA

View Full Version : gilmer

dreed
11-06-2002, 11:38 PM
so another club that me and nix joined(ellis county off-road) is taking their first trip to gilmer this weekend. so if anyone wants to go I am going Friday night or sat morning. I think adam is going down sometime sat.
also, i thought that i would do some work to airstrip since i would be down there. its been ages since i have been there. so is there anything in particular that needs to be taken care of? what tools do i need to take?

Moose
11-11-2002, 08:51 AM
did i miss? where' the photos of last week's weekend trip?

Krawler68
11-11-2002, 04:33 PM
bring lots of tow straps and many spare u-joints for your front axleshafts... also hub wrench, BFH, and some duct tape.

dreed
11-12-2002, 12:35 AM
went out there saturday and it was perfect. sunny and warm. did some easy trails at first, jeep eater and fun country. then did some harder ones. stayed on dewoody for and hour or so. out of the club i went with, I was the only one to make it up unassisted. another guy out there in a 89 wrangler, i think, started up it. halfway up he broke a rear driveshaft ujoint which in turn cracked his driveshaft, and a front axle ujoint. he had to trailer it home.we did another few trails and went home. it was a good weekend. I didnt break anything.