PDA

View Full Version : Free 84-89 toyota windshield

CRaSHnBuRN
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
This weekend only, and you have to come out to Lexington (between austin and BCS) and remove it yourself.

JeepPhisherman
01-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Why are you getting rid of it?

The pack-rat in me tells me to come get it, but I don't need it at all.

CRaSHnBuRN
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Why are you getting rid of it?

The pack-rat in me tells me to come get it, but I don't need it at all.

Its kinda complicated. I need to finish up my exo this weekend, and to do so, I need to put a bar across the hood just below the windshield. With the windshield and wipers in place, this bar will need to stand off the body quite a bit and will obscure the view out the front. If I ditch the windshield and wipers, I can tuck the tubing in alot more. I know I'll catch **** for it, but after driving the buggy, I kinda like not having the glass in front of me. No more glare and its alot easier to see and hear stuff. Its not like my rig is exactly waterproof and dustproof anyway

AggieTJ2007
01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
you could also always attach some lexan for a windscreen. I like not having dust in my face alot of time but being able to take it off somewhere like clayton where it is not very dusty

JeepPhisherman
01-22-2008, 10:22 PM
If I go to CS this weekend, I may stop on my way Feller. Are you going to be out there Friday afternoon?

Eckert
01-22-2008, 11:58 PM
does it still have the chrome trim?

CRaSHnBuRN
01-23-2008, 07:56 AM
If I go to CS this weekend, I may stop on my way Feller. Are you going to be out there Friday afternoon?

I'll be there around 6pm. If you want to go earlier, my dad is always out there and he can show you where its at

CRaSHnBuRN
01-23-2008, 07:57 AM
does it still have the chrome trim?

most if it, but the piece on the passenger side is missing

CRaSHnBuRN
01-23-2008, 08:02 AM
you could also always attach some lexan for a windscreen. I like not having dust in my face alot of time but being able to take it off somewhere like clayton where it is not very dusty

The only place I really had a problem with the dust when wheeling the buggy was that trip to gilmer. It wasn't bad until I got stuck behind someone while driving at higher speeds between the trails. I ended up buying some military surplus goggles for that and they work great.

tigweld
01-23-2008, 08:46 AM
if it's a glue in you'd have to be a super bad arse to be able to get it out without crackin it. just talk to a glass shop it's almost imposible if it's old and glued in

Eckert
01-23-2008, 10:02 AM
most if it, but the piece on the passenger side is missing

what about the top corner peice?

CRaSHnBuRN
01-23-2008, 10:10 AM
if it's a glue in you'd have to be a super bad arse to be able to get it out without crackin it. just talk to a glass shop it's almost imposible if it's old and glued in

I hear piano wire works well. Either way, its no big deal to me. If no one takes it and I decide to go through with removing it, I'll take a sledge hammer to it

CRaSHnBuRN
01-23-2008, 10:13 AM
what about the top corner peice?

I think its there. Look through my pics in the old reader rides section and see if you can see the part you're talking about

Fredo
01-23-2008, 10:20 AM
I hear piano wire works well. Either way, its no big deal to me. If no one takes it and I decide to go through with removing it, I'll take a sledge hammer to it

Why not....you've otherwise completely ruined a really clean 4runner....why not go for the gusto!