PDA

View Full Version : Andy Dominates Conroe!! 4/5/08

Pages : [1] 2

BMFScout
02-19-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm about to bump up the calories and my training though, so we'll see what that does to my weight. Freddy got the wheels turning and I'm going to be competing in two amateur strongman competitions in April, one in Conroe/Montgomery on 4/5 and in Baton Rouge on 4/26. Because of this I can't bring my weight (and consequently strength) down too much. That said I'd like to be under 305 for the comps, under 300 if I still feel strong.

Wish me luck guys!

F' The Lonestar Roundup!! Dibs on Robbie's couch!!

BMFScout
02-19-2008, 12:00 PM
ooohh.. is Conroe/Montgomery in LA? I may be dumb... I'm down either way.

Montgomery County...I see

jerryg79
02-19-2008, 12:09 PM
F' The Lonestar Roundup!! Dibs on Robbie's couch!!

f' robbies couch, its 15 minutes from my house.

If you guys go, i'll go. Can we bring beer, and does andy have our backs when we heckle the other competitors?

Reckless
02-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Hmm, this should be interesting. Jerry around HGH induced men that can snap at anytime.:D

Cajun
02-19-2008, 01:39 PM
More like "Andy gets dominated". This will be my first competition, details:
http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/lonestar.pdf

I've never tried many of these events, and may not get the chance to train them before the comp. It should be interesting.

jerryg79
02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
that's not even conroe proper, i goto school there, its 242 and 45.

DRAGOONRANCH
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
More like "Andy gets dominated". This will be my first competition, details:
http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/lonestar.pdf

I've never tried many of these events, and may not get the chance to train them before the comp. It should be interesting.

What are the breaks for the weight classes?

BMFScout
02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Dibs on Jerry's guest room!

Cajun
02-19-2008, 02:13 PM
What are the breaks for the weight classes?

Since it's just LW and HW, I imagine it's going to be 232 and up for Heavies and 231 and below for the Lightweights.

Hell, I may need a place to stay! I didn't realize I could mooch a place to sleep from one of you guys!

Fredo
02-19-2008, 02:15 PM
231 and below for lightweights.....maybe I should go for the lightweight class! heh.

jerryg79
02-19-2008, 02:17 PM
i've got a guest room, a study with a futon, and various air mattresses, all are welcome here.

Rowdy, there's a motel 6 down the street.

Cajun
02-19-2008, 02:24 PM
i've got a guest room, a study with a futon, and various air mattresses, all are welcome here.

Rowdy, there's a motel 6 down the street.

In for the futon if Jimmy has dibs on the guest room!

Cajun
02-19-2008, 02:25 PM
231 and below for lightweights.....maybe I should go for the lightweight class! heh.

A year ago did you ever think you'd ever be considered a lightweight anything? ;)

Check out the events/weights on the flyer, if you're serious that would be awesome!

DRAGOONRANCH
02-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Since it's just LW and HW, I imagine it's going to be 232 and up for Heavies and 231 and below for the Lightweights.

Hell, I may need a place to stay! I didn't realize I could mooch a place to sleep from one of you guys!

Just watch out for that Jerry Goss fella, he likes to try to have relaitions with you when your sleepin on his couch. ;)

Cajun
02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
So you're saying that I should watch out for my corn hole?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1050/567456292_257a85505e_m.jpg

DRAGOONRANCH
02-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Most definitely. ;)

jerryg79
02-19-2008, 03:15 PM
cleared with the landlord, let's git it awn!

Seth
02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
I should be there. dibs on next desirable bed.

The weight classes interest me, I want to see what the lightweights are built like.

Andy, any recco for strengthening the lower back for an event like this (I'm pretty sure that would be my weakest link right now)

Jimmy, I think the competitor may need the good bed, at least on firday night.

Cajun
02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Andy, any recco for strengthening the lower back for an event like this (I'm pretty sure that would be my weakest link right now)

Deadlifts, Straight leg deadlifts, Good mornings, Glute ham raises, weighted back raises. Do weighted abs too, sit ups, crunches, Russian twists. Core strength is vitally important for all of these events.

BMFScout
02-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I relinquish my dibs to the athlete. Is it ok to "carb load" if we are just watching!

Fredo
02-19-2008, 04:58 PM
If I got serious about my lifting, I could probably be ready for something like this in the late fall. Looking at the weights for the lifts, I probably wouldn't be that competitive. My upper body isn't what it used to be, but my back and legs kept a lot of their strength through the weight loss. The problem I see is if I really started getting my body in shape for something like this, putting on muscle mass would probably throw me into the heavyweight class and I have no business there.

Cajun
02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I relinquish my dibs to the athlete. Is it ok to "carb load" if we are just watching!

Not only is it ok, I highly recommend it! I plan on doing at least a little carb loading after the comp, and I hate to carb load alone.

jerryg79
02-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Eggcellent, so then its a date!

I mean...uh I'll totally see you guys in april in a completely hetero way.

mark
02-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Deadlifts, Straight leg deadlifts, Good mornings, Glute ham raises, weighted back raises. Do weighted abs too, sit ups, crunches, Russian twists. Core strength is vitally important for all of these events.

What? No squats (box etc) bench press or any of the other power lifting standards?

-Mark

Cajun
02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
What? No squats (box etc) bench press or any of the other power lifting standards?

-Mark

He asked for things that would target the low back. Technically, anything you do on your feet involves the low back, as do all of the powerlifting movements and most compound, multi-joint movements, which is what I'm sure you're referring to.

Box squats? Seriously? Is there anything you don't know?

mark
02-19-2008, 07:09 PM
He asked for things that would target the low back. Technically, anything you do on your feet involves the low back, as do all of the powerlifting movements and most compound, multi-joint movements, which is what I'm sure you're referring to.

Box squats? Seriously? Is there anything you don't know?

Actually, the only thing I don't know how to do is spell. Although I'm not as bad as Jackassic.

I have a trainer who has me doing the latest and greatest in speed work. He box squats close to 500#. I don't mess with him much.

-Mark

CheapJeep
02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
that's not even conroe proper, i goto school there, its 242 and 45.

I live right past the San Jac river on 242 and have plenty of sleeping space.

Seth
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM

AH - all the lifts I hated. No wonder it is such a weak point for me. In my functional test for work the other day I was dyin. Even things like rollerblading as a kid made my lower back tired.

On a more positive, if not completely on topic, note, it looks like I might be in a better situation now for improving my diet and workout habits.

Shifting gears, can you still wheel along the san jac river near 242, a la the 'fish run' my freshman year?

CheapJeep
02-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Shifting gears, can you still wheel along the san jac river near 242, a la the 'fish run' my freshman year?
Not supposed to but it hasn't stopped anyone. People do it anyway.

RCcola55
02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
are there any later ones?, ive recently got back into training but im looking to try something outside of powerlifting. I think by May or if i bust ass maybe late april i could be competitive in the light wieght class and i could easly get up to 230.

Cajun
02-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I haven't checked. Try http://www.nastrongman.com, and contests/upcoming.

redcagepatrol
02-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Three pages? It's only been up for a day!:eek:

Anyways, hope to be there - we have a guest room and three couches that are big enough for people to sleep on if ya'll can handle a baby scream at 5:30am:D

Kolpecky lives a block away and has an air mattress:cool:

jerryg79
02-20-2008, 08:58 AM
The party is in Spring, B!tches!

DRAGOONRANCH
02-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Krabs, make sure you bring your camera and take lots of pictures of andy whoopin ass. ;)

davido
02-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Cool! I guess that solves that. Whitney was already planning to be on a girl's trip out of town anyway. Perfect!

Are you ready? Are you ready? Let's get it awn, c'mon.

We can talk more about it in a few weekends.

Cajun
03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
I went to Baton Rouge Sunday to train with the other LA amateurs, all 5 of them. Looks like I'll be joined in TX by some of my rather large statesmen.

If they're interested in carb loading after the contest this could get really interesting. :gigem:

Fredo
03-11-2008, 08:28 AM
excellent. My exhaust guy is having his big anniversary party and barbeque for his business the same weekend. I saw him at Discount the other day and he was asking me if I was coming this year. I didn't have the heart to tell him. :)

jerryg79
03-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I went to Baton Rouge Sunday to train with the other LA amateurs, all 5 of them. Looks like I'll be joined in TX by some of my rather large statesmen.

If they're interested in carb loading after the contest this could get really interesting. :gigem:

so how did the training go?

Cajun
03-14-2008, 07:30 AM
There will be no dominating in Conroe, I won't even be the strongest guy from LA there!

Training went pretty good for my first time with these guys. Worked with their tire (675 lbs) for a few reps. I'm rusty on this one, I had gotten pretty good on the tire over the summer. I did a couple sets of 5 and tried to work on speed. Moved to farmer's walk at 280/hand. This went well also despite not working this in months. My pick up still sucks, but once I get moving I'm decently quick, so that's good. Grip isn't an issue, so I just need to work on getting faster from the ground.

New events were the yoke, chain drag and Atlas stones. Their yoke is a chain yoke (bar across your back like a squat, with a heavy keg suspended by chain at either end). I have no idea what it weighed, but it didn't feel heavy. That said, the chains made it very unstable, but it wasn't too bad. I have a 650lb. yoke as part of a yoke/farmers/sled medley in Conroe, but it's a fixed yoke. The chain was 550lbs, and I smoked this one.

Last but certainly not least were the stones. I worked on lifting and loading the 225 for a few reps, and the guys helped me out with some technique. I loaded the 225, 250, 290, and 315 to a 54" platform. I was able to lap the 410 but not load it. All in all, not bad for my first time touching a stone.

I haven't worked overhead with these guys, but I've been training it in the gym. Since I'll have a 275lb axle for reps in Conroe, I've been training that on my RE Upper day, and have a best of 12 reps with no set downs. If I'm allowed a set down, and I should be, I should be able to get a couple more since breathing is my limiting factor, not strength here. I hit 11 for two sets yesterday, and I felt like crap, so I felt pretty good about that.

I'm starting to feel a bit run down, and may be getting close to overtraining. I'll start tapering the volume down starting next week and see if that helps.

uglyota
03-15-2008, 11:10 PM
tire (675 lbs) for a few reps...farmer's walk at 280/hand...650lb. yoke ...chain was 550lbs,... 225 for a few reps,... 225, 250, 290, and 315 to a 54" platform...lap the 410 but not load it....275lb axle.
Jesus H Christ! If you wanna work on that breathing thing I may know a guy who lives in a state with not a lot of air and lots of "stones" May be able to work you into a training program ;)

jerryg79
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
so what's everyone's plan.

You guys should come down on fri. jimmy/fred, its barely a 3.5 drive from your house to mine.

Flem you coming down?

Anyone else, plenty of floor space.

andy you coming on fri night or sat. morning.

If andy is in on friday, i would assume he would need a good night sleep, so we can take it easy, couple 30's of stones hang out and bs. Sat. night is carb loading fo' sho!

Fredo
03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I assume we'd probably come down friday night leaving directly from work. I don't know for sure until I find out if Jimmy has some soccer game or other such crap.

BMFScout
03-19-2008, 03:52 PM
no crap, soccer is over. I'm planning on coming in friday night with Fred and pulling a Jerry leaving early on Sunday. I fly out of Dallas around 3:00 on Sunday.

LET'S GIT IT AWN!!!

jerryg79
03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
pulling a Jerry leaving early on Sunday.

good, so then i won't have to throw you out!:flipoff2:

scott/lynda, coop, karl, frick, kopecki, wolverton, BDR, and other houstonians, let's meet up somewhere over here on sat. night.

Doug Krebs
03-19-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm probably in. Blair is going to a girls weekend...

jerryg79
03-19-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm probably in. Blair is going to a girls weekend...

ahh mad dog, sammy might be too, i'll change the sheets to the ones you like with the tulips!:gigem:

Doug Krebs
03-19-2008, 04:43 PM
ahh mad dog, sammy might be too, i'll change the sheets to the ones you like with the tulips!:gigem:

sweet, I've got the camera as you well know.

BMFScout
03-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a no-brainer. If Dave and Flem come, you have a carpool already.

Karl, are them crappie houses producing yet? They should be in the creeks/shallows in that shallow ass lake if there are any there I would think.

jerryg79
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM
i'm guessing karl hasnt had time to sh!t much less fish since we put them out. He's a bidness man, and is always doing something.

eight
03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
I guess I'll have to show up. When's this domination?

We could hit up the lake for some crappie. I think my boat will fit everyone.

jerryg79
03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
ummm no fishing. the thing starts at 11. i assume it runs all afternoon.

eight
03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Sunday then.

Cajun
03-19-2008, 08:01 PM
so what's everyone's plan.

You guys should come down on fri. jimmy/fred, its barely a 3.5 drive from your house to mine.

Flem you coming down?

Anyone else, plenty of floor space.

andy you coming on fri night or sat. morning.

If andy is in on friday, i would assume he would need a good night sleep, so we can take it easy, couple 30's of stones hang out and bs. Sat. night is carb loading fo' sho!

I'll be coming up Friday night. I'm definitely not going to be doing any drinking that night, but I'll likely be a bundle of nerves so some socializing will be a welcome distraction. I'm game for just about anything Saturday night, as long as beer is involved. :beer:

robertf03
03-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Since everyone I know is going I can't turn it down. I have a field trip that Friday somewhere around Corpus, not sure how I'm going to pull this off but I'll probably get there Saturday morning.

Seth
03-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Im flying in from cleveland on fri night, going out through dallas, but coming back through houston. looks like i am arriving at IAH at 7:47. How far is that from Jerry's? I could see about cancelling the last leg of the flight if I can get a ride back into CS on Sunday, also gets me out of moving a "friend" on Sat.

This would also mean I would not be responsible for a vehicle so I could focus on drinking instead.

jerryg79
03-19-2008, 10:53 PM
i can pick you up at the airport on fri. jimmy and fred should be getting in about 8:30-9ish so would be perfect.

its about 20 minutes from my house. no big deal.

i dont see it being hard to get a ride back to cs.

Seth
03-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Let me see how big of a deal it would be to cancel the last leg of the trip.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-20-2008, 08:28 AM
All you have to do is specify at check in that you want your baggage off loaded at IAH and that you will not be making the connecting flight. Trust me, it is as easy as that. Just verify that your luggage tag has IAH on it. ;)

If no luggage, don't frikin worry about it and just walk out of the terminal.

jerryg79
03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
If no luggage, don't frikin worry about it and just walk out of the terminal.

yes it will prob cost money to try to cancel it.

i you have no baggage, just forget the connecting flight like ED said, i've done it a couple of times.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
They won't charge you (don't send me a bill if they do :flipoff2: ) to drop a leg, but if you are trying to reach a different destination (even if you know for sure that that leg has cheaper tickets) they will charge you.

KrazyKarl02
03-20-2008, 11:16 AM
ummm no fishing. the thing starts at 11. i assume it runs all afternoon.

This is true, I did a European Vacation just like Chevy Chase last week, only with more pipe and less funny incidents. I might try to "wet a line" this weekend if I get time. I will let you know the crappie situation. From what I read at my internet sources they are starting and the white bass are picking up. What time are Jimmy and Fred leaving on Sunday?

Fredo
03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
probably pretty early. Jimmy has a flight out at 3 from DFW, so we we would have to be home by about 1:30 so he can turn around and go to the airport.

robertf03
03-20-2008, 12:14 PM
This is true, I did a European Vacation just like Chevy Chase last week

Are there any new dents in the Klogger and is Stonehenge still standing?

jerryg79
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Are there any new dents in the Klogger and is Stonehenge still standing?

klogger = family truckster?

jerryg79
03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Looks like a full house:

Andy
Krebs
Fred
Jimmy
Flem (sat probably)
Seth

Krebs/Flem, bring an air matress.

I have:
bed
futon
cot
air matress.

2 couches if you choose.

Should be a good time!

BMFScout
03-24-2008, 03:26 PM
FYI- This weekend has now been dubbed ADC. You heard it here first, so if Jerry starts bragging about how he made up the acronym, kick him in the junk.

It's going to be ANDYmonium!! He's InVINCENTible!!

Since we aren't making t-shirts for anything else, can we make shirts for this?

Shaggy
03-24-2008, 03:27 PM
take some pics

Cajun
03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
FYI- This weekend has now been dubbed ADC. You heard it here first, so if Jerry starts bragging about how he made up the acronym, kick him in the junk.

It's going to be ANDYmonium!! He's InVINCENTible!!

Ugh.

Since we aren't making t-shirts for anything else, can we make shirts for this?

No. Please no.

BTW, I saw on another board that there will be no alcohol because it'll be on campus at whatever college this is. You're an enterprising bunch so I know this won't stop you, just a heads up so you're prepared.

Fredo
03-24-2008, 03:40 PM
You're an enterprising bunch so I know this won't stop you, just a heads up so you're prepared.

You know us all too well. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Honestly, I wouldn't want to risk getting "tate'd" from this event.

Shaggy
03-24-2008, 03:43 PM
ouch

jerryg79
03-24-2008, 04:00 PM
nice form fred. don't worry about the no alcohol, there is a taco cabana across the street that serves;). You also cant smoke on the campus, not that that affects any of us.

Jimmy, dont make me copy the email, where i proposed ADC originally.:flipoff2:

BMFScout
03-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Don't worry Andy, we won't embarrass you.

I got dibs on being the exclamation point letterhead when we spell out "ANDY DOMINATES CONROE!" In our heads. Are there 20 of us ANDY-maniacs going?

"If I have to tell you one more time to quit spitting on the floor, I'll Tate your ass out of here!!"

jerryg79
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
I like "GEAUX ANDY!" better.

Shaggy
03-24-2008, 04:35 PM
grrr

BMFScout
03-24-2008, 04:38 PM
we only need 10 for that, genius!

jerryg79
03-24-2008, 04:40 PM
we only need 10 for that, genius!

Got a line on any "ANDY" belt buckles?

BMFScout
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
closest I could find...

jerryg79
03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
noice!:gigem:

BMFScout
03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
also appropriate

Seth
03-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Don't worry Andy, we won't embarrass you.

Speak for yourself :flipoff2:

This thread kicks ass.

jimmy, being a letter head is kinda tough for some of us. I'll be the space.

Fredo
03-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Just wanted to bump this back to the top and see how Andy was doing with his training. This should prove to be a damn good time.

Cajun
03-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Training has been going well. I got to train events again with the Baton Rouge guys a couple of weeks ago. I worked on the carry/drag medley which was a 550 swinging yoke, 280/hand farmers, and the 550 chain drag. I've done all of these things before, but this was the first time I'd put them all together back to back. I was pretty quick, but got ran out of gas on the chain. The guys were telling me that what we'll see in TX won't be as hard as what we've been training, so we'll see. I was able to load the 410 stone to 54", but it took me several tries to lap it. I did some speed work with the lighter stones and worked on loading them without lapping. We spent some time playing with an Inch Dumbbell replica. (http://www.gregstott.com/generic51.html) None of us could pick it up one handed, but my brother and I were both able to press it overhead (2 handed clean, 1 handed press) with both hands.

Training in the gym has been pretty good too. My strength is up in just about everything, though I had a disappointing deadlift session yesterday. Work has been crazy this week, and I haven't gotten much sleep. I also didn't eat enough yesterday, so I'm pretty sure this is what got me.

As for the competition, I feel good about the overhead press, and pretty good about the stones. I'm not worried about the weights of the stones, but I've never loaded a series, and it'll be at the end of the day, so I don't know how this will affect me. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, so the medley should go well, as long as I don't crash on the sled pull. Everyone says the truck pull is ridiculously heavy, so we'll see how that goes, and I've never done a Conan's Wheel.

Overall I feel good. However, having never done something like this I don't know what "ready" feels like. I know I've been training hard, so we'll see how it goes. Today will be my last heavy training day before the competition, so I'll have a full week of light recovery which should do me good.

jerryg79
03-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Is your brother competing too?

Cajun
03-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Is your brother competing too?

Not in this one. He may come to watch, though. He'll be competing in the two Baton Rouge events and maybe in Georgia later.

jerryg79
03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Seth, am i picking you up at the airport?

Seth
03-28-2008, 12:30 PM
most likely, ill get you flight details soon.

jerryg79
03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
The List

Andy - Fri night
Krebs - Fri night
Fred - Fri night
Jimmy - Fri night
Flem (sat probably)?
Seth - picking up at airport

I think Karl is going to meet up with us at some point on Sat.

I went ahead and ordered a pallet of keystone 30 packs, so i think we should be set at least for most of sat.

Cajun
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
BTW, I weighed in at a svelte 309 this morning, so you skinny folks better watch out...I'm gonna eat you!
http://www.alanjohns.fsnet.co.uk/goldmember/fat-bastard.jpg

BMFScout
03-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I am reminded of this skit for some reason

http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/9253

jerryg79
03-28-2008, 04:33 PM
BTW, I weighed in at a svelte 309 this morning, so you skinny folks better watch out...I'm gonna eat you!
http://www.alanjohns.fsnet.co.uk/goldmember/fat-bastard.jpg

put down the doritos, fatty:flipoff2:

Jackasic
03-28-2008, 05:51 PM
i'll be there Saturday, I'll be driving in from the lone star rod run ... hopefully in the bug.

jerryg79
03-29-2008, 08:10 PM
bring an air mattress, youre more than welcome to stay the night.

redcagepatrol
03-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I'll be there, Lynda has to be at her mom's garage sale to help out.

jerryg79
03-30-2008, 06:41 PM
My address:

1814 Ryansbrook Ln
Spring, Tx 77386

Going South on 45 (from Dallas)
Take 45 to the woodlands
Exit Rayford-Sawdust Rd.
Turn LEFT under the freeway onto Rayford.
Continue on Rayford 4 or 5 Miles (past advanced auto, kroger)
Come to a stop sign continue STRAIGHT through stop sign into Fox Run.
Dead End at Riley-Fuzzel Rd.
Turn RIGHT
Go 1ish miles turn LEFT into Spring Trails Subdivision. (divided Entrance)
At Stop Sign turn RIGHT
Take first RIGHT on Emilee Point (short street)
At Stop sign turn RIGHT
Follow around curve to left and go almost all the way to the end of the street.
House is on Left. (white dodge in driveway)

Going North on 45 (from Houston)
Take 45 to the woodlands
Exit Rayford-Sawdust Rd.
Turn RIGHT onto Rayford.
Continue on Rayford 4 or 5 Miles (past advanced auto, kroger)
Come to a stop sign continue STRAIGHT through stop sign into Fox Run.
Dead End at Riley-Fuzzel Rd.
Turn RIGHT
Go 1ish miles turn LEFT into Spring Trails Subdivision. (divided Entrance)
At Stop Sign turn RIGHT
Take first RIGHT on Emilee Point (short street)
At Stop sign turn RIGHT
Follow around curve to left and go almost all the way to the end of the street.
House is on Left. (white dodge in driveway)

Andy I assume you take I-10 to 45 and dont get off at 90 in beaumont?

Cajun
03-31-2008, 07:14 AM
I was planning on taking 10 and coming up through Houston. As long as the interstate isn't fouled up due to construction this is how I'll come. If it is, I'll take 105 out of Beaumont and come down 45 from Conroe.

jerryg79
04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Swap meet on sunday at the horsetrack if anyone is interested. I know jimmy and fred have to leave early. Jones wants to go.

agjohn02
04-02-2008, 03:16 PM
kiesewetter says he coming and he's gonna bring you a little somin somin to help out your strength andy.

BMFScout
04-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I told you!

redcagepatrol
04-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Swap meet on sunday at the horsetrack if anyone is interested. I know jimmy and fred have to leave early. Jones wants to go.

Hmm, we can drive the Jeep there... That's like 5min from Kolpeckys and my home.

Kieswetters coming? should be interesting:gigem:

Cajun
04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
He needs to bring me some cheeseburgers. I picked up some sort of bug from my youngest son and have been nauseous all week. Monday was awful, but I've been feeling better as the week has progressed. I've dropped 6 lbs since Sunday just because even thinking about eating gave me cold sweats. My gastro-intestinal system is under serious duress, but I need that weight back before Saturday.

mudtoy67
04-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I think I'll be there...possibly with babymama in tow. What time is everyone meeting at Jerry's saturday morning?

Scott...carpool?

jerryg79
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I think I'll be there...possibly with babymama in tow. What time is everyone meeting at Jerry's saturday morning?

Scott...carpool?

the thing starts at 11 i think, most everyone is staying here except scott i think.

we can meet here or at the college doesnt matter. the college is easy to get to turn on 242 and there is a sign.

Doug Krebs
04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
the thing starts at 11 i think, most everyone is staying here except scott i think.

we can meet here or at the college doesnt matter. the college is easy to get to turn on 242 and there is a sign.

too bad you can't wheel at 242 anymore. People could have had fun on sunday maybe.

redcagepatrol
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM

Scott...carpool?

we could - I have to drive out to Katy and back in the morning to drop off Jake with Lynda while she hangs with her mom at the Garage sale. I'll be ready to go after that:gigem:

eight
04-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Pick me up on the way out.

redcagepatrol
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Pick me up on the way out.

three guys and an icechest full o'beer driving up to Conroe?

Doug Krebs
04-02-2008, 11:15 PM

hell if you're driving to conroe, come pick me up:flipoff2:

mudtoy67
04-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Sweet. We'll take the Tso to save fuel, then Andy can warm up for the comp by flipping it over in the parking lot.:gigem:

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 08:15 AM
I assume andy will be leaving earlier than the rest of us to weigh-in and such. I plan on leaving the house around 10:15-10:30, so you can meet us here or at the comp. I'm making biscuits and gravy if you wanna show up early for breakfast:) .....

Andy do you need anything special to eat before the comp. Im going to the store tomm if you need eggs or other crap.

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 08:16 AM

maybe you missed the part about no alcohol:flipoff2:

eight
04-03-2008, 09:29 AM
I think that's for before and after the contest. I'll need to get myself a bottle of wine for breakfast.

Wolverton and I invented a new strongman contest this weekend. Got no gas? No trolling motor? Broke the paddle? How do you move a 25' boat? The anchor toss.

CheapJeep
04-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Sounds like a nice workout.

Cajun
04-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I assume andy will be leaving earlier than the rest of us to weigh-in and such. I plan on leaving the house around 10:15-10:30, so you can meet us here or at the comp. I'm making biscuits and gravy if you wanna show up early for breakfast:) .....

Andy do you need anything special to eat before the comp. Im going to the store tomm if you need eggs or other crap.

Thanks! Do you have a coffee maker? I'll need coffee Saturday morning.

I'll bring my own food, probably a couple of PB&J sammiches for the night before/morning of the comp. If you plan on picking up milk I'll probably take some of that, though.

BMFScout
04-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Grandpa: Well let me tell you something now, Johnny. Last Thursday, I turned 95 years old. And I never exercised a day in my life. Every morning, I wake up, and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack?
John: Bacon.
Grandpa: Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner.

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
milk...check!
coffee...any particular type? i was going to pick up a thing of folger's as all we have is samantha's foo foo "creme' breu bleh" and i know fred and krebs drink coffee in the morning.

Fredo
04-03-2008, 10:56 AM
yes, coffee es bueno. Folgers is fine with me.

Doug Krebs
04-03-2008, 11:02 AM
milk...check!
coffee...any particular type? i was going to pick up a thing of folger's as all we have is samantha's foo foo "creme' breu bleh" and i know fred and krebs drink coffee in the morning.

must be freshly ground and the coffee must made in a french press.

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 11:03 AM
must be freshly ground and the coffee must made in a french press.

my coffee maker could kick your french press's queer cigarette smoking, no deoderant having, war losing ass. Its the coffee maker o' death!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug Krebs
04-03-2008, 11:05 AM
my coffee maker could kick your french press's queer cigarette smoking, no deoderant having, war losing ass. Its the coffee maker o' death!!!!!!!!!!!

We do this french press **** at work. It's pretty annoying. I don't know why we couldn't have a normal coffee pot.

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 11:09 AM
http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=14&item_id=34&cat_id=3

cuisinart, b!tch!

now, to get samantha to teach me how to use it.;)

KrazyKarl02
04-03-2008, 12:57 PM
We do this french press **** at work. It's pretty annoying. I don't know why we couldn't have a normal coffee pot.

I have an idea, he is in his late 40's, sometimes has a pony tail, flies remote control airplanes, has been beating it around college station for the past decade and is named Robert Barber.

uglyota
04-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Doug once you go french press you will never go back. I have a french press I take camping.

Cajun
04-03-2008, 01:17 PM
milk...check!

I'll bring my own. ;)

Fredo
04-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I have a french press I take camping.

*ONE POINT HAS BEEN DEDUCTED FROM UGLYOTA'S MAN LICENSE*

mudtoy67
04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Doug once you go french press you will never go back. I have a french press I take camping.

Good thing I moved to the car.:rainbow:

:flipoff2:

uglyota
04-03-2008, 02:30 PM

I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen...

Fredo
04-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Did you see a sign when you pulled in the driveway that said.....

KrazyKarl02
04-03-2008, 03:51 PM

So that totals his man points to negative 438. Correct?

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 03:52 PM
So that totals his man points to negative 438. Correct?

-439, he got caught peeing sitting down last month.

uglyota
04-03-2008, 04:14 PM
That's a damn lie! I'm so manly I even don't even sit down to take a dump!

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 04:16 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Fredo
04-03-2008, 04:34 PM

*ONE POINT HAS BEEN RESTORED TO UGLYOTA'S MAN LICENSE*

Fredo
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM

I got to thinking about this on the drive home from work. Does this whole scenario remind anybody else of the episode of Seinfeld where the Kenyan Marathon runner stays at Jerry's house?

jerryg79
04-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I got to thinking about this on the drive home from work. Does this whole scenario remind anybody else of the episode of Seinfeld where the Kenyan Marathon runner stays at Jerry's house?

don't worry andy, we'll get you a wake up call.;)

DRAGOONRANCH
04-04-2008, 12:21 AM

*ONE POINT HAS BEEN RESTORED TO UGLYOTA'S MAN LICENSE*

The only ones I know that don't relish in poppin' a squat to take care of business are Haji's, and we all know they are tha debil. Some of you may not be old enough yet to truly understand how prolific your time on the ****ter can be. Some of the greatest inventions ever have been thought of/improved while dropin the kids off...

BMFScout
04-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Is the plan to watch the final four Saturday night, drink beer, fart, etc. and generally annoy Sammantha in her own home?

jerryg79
04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Is the plan to watch the final four Saturday night, drink beer, fart, etc. and generally annoy Sammantha in her own home?

you'll probably pass samantha today on her way to dallas;)

Thought of watching some bball then go drink at a bar somewhere.

Cajun
04-04-2008, 10:34 AM

Sounds like a plan. You have wifi at your crib, yo? I may have to do work tonight, son.

jerryg79
04-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a plan. You have wifi at your crib, yo? I may have to do work tonight, son.

50 cents a minute plus $4.50 connection fee. It will appear on the bill i slide under your door on sun morning.:)

yes i have wifi.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-04-2008, 10:52 AM
50 cents a minute plus $4.50 connection fee. It will appear on the bill i slide under your door on sun morning.:)

yes i have wifi.

Just wait till your HOA gets the e-mail that some random 'concerned citizen' just sent them...

robertf03
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Do you have a plunger, or should I bring one?

mudtoy67
04-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Do you have a plunger, or should I bring one?

:eek::laughing:

StevenAg03
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
whats the plan for tonight? its probably already in this thread, but i cant find it anywhere...

DRAGOONRANCH
04-04-2008, 02:49 PM
whats the plan for tonight? its probably already in this thread, but i cant find it anywhere...

here ya go

BMFScout
04-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Is it Saturday in Haji-land already? It's only Friday here!

DRAGOONRANCH
04-04-2008, 02:57 PM
got another hour to go (for some stupid reason they decided to not observe DST and we are only 8 hours ahead now) :rolleyes:

I am still at the office tryin to hunt down some info on one of our loaders and not being very productive doing it...

DRAGOONRANCH
04-04-2008, 02:58 PM
It was payday though (if you have never been paid once a month, you just don't understand how happy payday can make you) :D

StevenAg03
04-04-2008, 03:19 PM
thanks for the help Ed, but im still wondering whats happening tonight.... :gigem:

BMFScout
04-04-2008, 03:23 PM
If I know this group we'll be standing around in a circle in Jerry's garage drinking beer and laughing a lot.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
thanks for the help Ed, but im still wondering whats happening tonight.... :gigem:

You're very fookin welcome. :gigem:

If I know this group we'll be standing around in a circle in Jerry's garage drinking beer and laughing a lot.

I had a little chat w/ BDR over on pbb tonite about the circle yall will be in. :flipoff2:

redcagepatrol
04-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Kolpecker, Wolverton, BDR - what's the plan for tomorrow? Carpool?
Just give me a call in the morning:beer:

StevenAg03
04-04-2008, 10:55 PM
gotta go to work for crane install tomorrow morning. what time is this happening and how long does it last?

redcagepatrol
04-04-2008, 10:56 PM
milk...check!

Andy lives in Louisianna - it's Community Coffee ONLY over there, and that stuff is pretty strong:gigem:

mudtoy67
04-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Kolpecker, Wolverton, BDR - what's the plan for tomorrow? Carpool?
Just give me a call in the morning:beer:

Will do, or just call me when you're on the way back from Katy. What time are you coming back this way from Katy?

redcagepatrol
04-04-2008, 11:25 PM
11:00 am at Lone Star College - Montgomery

Take I-45 north to exit #79 (Needham Rd./Hwy. 242/College Park Dr.).

- Turn left under interstate and head approximately 1/4 mile.

- Main college entrance is on the right.

mudtoy67
04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Huh?

You still taking Jake and Lynda down to Katy for a garage sale?

redcagepatrol
04-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Will do, or just call me when you're on the way back from Katy. What time are you coming back this way from Katy?
I should be back here by 9:30. Lynda is staying over there tonight becaue the garage sell starts at 7:00 and her mom needed some help getting all the crap set up.

I will basically be bringing Jake out there to hang out with them during the Garage sell. It's not quite to Katy, just Dearfield Villiage which is on Clay just a little West of Hwy 6.

mudtoy67
04-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Ok then. Will call.

davido
04-05-2008, 06:15 PM
He took 1st in his weight class!

bburris
04-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Flippin' AWESOME! Congrats Andy!

agjohn02
04-05-2008, 08:09 PM
sweet. did he turn green during the competition?

RCcola55
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
does that quailfy him for his pro card?

Graystroke
04-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Andy is the strongest man in Texas! he won he HW division right? that's awesome!

mudtoy67
04-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Ya, he won Heavyweight (>231 pounds i think). He pretty much blew the others away on most of the events. I believe 1st and 2nd place of each class were good for an invitation to the national comp. Was a good time!

Graystroke
04-05-2008, 10:03 PM
pics!?

mudtoy67
04-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh...there's pics.:gigem:

Sharpe
04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Holy chit. Fawsome.

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
it was sweet to watch. On the first event he had to do an overhead lift some tires on a barbell and he was the last to go. He made 16 lifts and made it look easy while the guy in second could only make 11 lifts - and the rest of the group couldn't even get up 8.

Basically - he Dominated Conroe...

jerryg79
04-06-2008, 01:29 PM
domination....COMPLETE!

excellent weekend. Andy put on a great show!

Cajun
04-06-2008, 03:21 PM
sweet. did he turn green during the competition?

No, I managed to keep all my food down, though I would've put money on my losing my breakfast after the medley. There are some really good pics of me immediately afterward that really capture my mood. ;)

does that quailfy him for his pro card?

Nope, but it does qualify me for nationals. I believe at nationals the overall winner of each division gets a pro card. You have to win what NAS calls a "Platinum Plus" level comp to automatically get your pro card, this was a "Gold" level comp where 1st and 2nd qualify for nationals.

Andy is the strongest man in Texas! he won he HW division right? that's awesome!

No, and yes. I simply won this competition, and by only 2 points.

domination....COMPLETE!

excellent weekend. Andy put on a great show!

Excellent weekend indeed. A big thank you goes to Jerry for providing us, Jerry's Kids*, a place to crash and plenty of food and drink. I know it made the weekend much easier on me. Thanks to everyone for coming out, I know it was just an excuse to get together, but it was cool that you guys let me be that excuse. :beer:

*Trademark by Andy Vincent; April, 2008

mudtoy67
04-06-2008, 03:31 PM
*Trademark by Andy Vincent; April, 2008

:laughing:

Jackasic
04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
congrats Andy, so where are said pictures so I can live vicariously through others?

jerryg79
04-06-2008, 03:42 PM
congrats Andy, so where are said pictures so I can live vicariously through others?

doug and dave both have pics and video, but probably just made it back to CS.

agjohn02
04-06-2008, 04:39 PM
No, I managed to keep all my food down, though I would've put money on my losing my breakfast after the medley. There are some really good pics of me immediately afterward that really capture my mood. ;)

this is what i was referring to.... congrats andy.

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 05:21 PM
here are some

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 05:22 PM
on top

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
getting tired

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
part 1 of the melody

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 05:24 PM
truck pull

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
carry crap in a circle event

redcagepatrol
04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I have some videos but I'll have to upload them later

BroncoJo
04-06-2008, 05:29 PM
damn dude congrats:gigem:

BMFScout
04-06-2008, 08:00 PM
My voice is gone today. It might have been the mini-macs, but I think it's from all the yelling. It was awesome watching Andy compete, he kicked ass!

agjohn02
04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
carry crap in a circle event

:laughing:

agjohn02
04-06-2008, 08:17 PM
part 1 of the melody

he can sing too?!?!

uglyota
04-06-2008, 10:17 PM
nice shorts! What part of the event involved riding a bicycle? :flipoff2:

(;)congratulations, where's nationals?)

DRAGOONRANCH
04-06-2008, 11:21 PM
doug and dave both have pics and video, but probably just made it back to CS.

good luck getting those downloaded.... :rolleyes:

Fredo
04-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Here's the pictures I took. After looking through the pictures, I realized I spent a lot more time cheering than taking photos.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy1.jpg

Here's the difference between a lightweight competitor and a heavyweight competitor.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy2.jpg

Andy and his unique approach to the Farmer's Walk
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy3.jpg

Andy after the Medley
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy4.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy5.jpg

Fredo
04-06-2008, 11:49 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy6.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy7.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy8.jpg

Andy "bringing sexy back shirt tied" Vincent applying stick'em for the Atlas Stones.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x283/fredo_92/strongman/andy9.jpg

Cajun
04-07-2008, 07:38 AM
nice shorts! What part of the event involved riding a bicycle? :flipoff2:

(;)congratulations, where's nationals?)

The date and location for nationals has yet to be set.

I knew I was going to catch hell for my tights, but they worked so well and were so comfortable I don't care. They never got hot, they don't crawl like normal shorts, and most importantly I had no issues with chafing. I plan on rocking those from now on. :flipoff2:

I love the post medley pics. I think it's Doug's, but there's a great on of me laid out on the parking lot where I fell once I completed the sled drag. I think the one of me "setting up" on the Conan's Wheel is pretty funny. I was trying like hell to get the damn thing off the ground (turns out 700 lbs is heavy), and the MC says "he's really taking his time to make sure he's properly set up." I'm thinking "damn, I've already tried to pick this thing up once, I'm glad nobody noticed!" :laughing:

TxCruzr
04-07-2008, 09:44 AM
That's awesome, I wish I could drag a firetruck -pimp-

jerryg79
04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
quotes:

Krebs - "If we left at 4:00 I assume we'd be back at your house by 6ish"

Kopecki - "Apparently this Andy guy is a BAD DOOOOOOOD!"

Flem - "Did he say 'A How How How How am I going to pay for this kid?"

Conroe Newspaper - "Andy Vincent, while a great competitor, needs to work on his exit strategy when leaving a town he has dominated. It has been complete "Andymonium" since he left us. I only hope the town of Baton Rouge can fair better after they are dominated."

Seth
04-07-2008, 12:39 PM
EPIC. Flem had a gem. Hopefully the thread wont die and so I can update more later.

links to pics?

Cajun
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
quotes:

Krebs - "If we left at 4:00 I assume we'd be back at your house by 6ish"

Kopecki - "Apparently this Andy guy is a BAD DOOOOOOOD!"

Flem - "Did he say 'A How How How How am I going to pay for this kid?"

Conroe Newspaper - "Andy Vincent, while a great competitor, needs to work on his exit strategy when leaving a town he has dominated. It has been complete "Andymonium" since he left us. I only hope the town of Baton Rouge can fair better after they are dominated."

Holy crap I'd completely forgotten about Flem's ZZ Top line! :laughing:
You left out Doug and Kopecki debating how to work in a degree ring to measure distance traveled on the Conan's Wheel. :D

jerryg79
04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I also liked your quote at double dave's in reference to the announcer chick "Sorry, I try not to date ladies in my weight class, and all I'd hear about it, is what a 'stellar' performance it was"

Seth
04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
"these strong men don't quit! let's hear it! back em up!....ok looks like he is done...."

Flem actually said you guys would go to Double Daves for lunch. heh.

how bout kieswetter removing any doubt from the alocohol policy on campus.

the looks on the guys faces in the background while andy is doing the farmers walk are pricless.

FJAggie07
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Congrats, and way to go!

Graystroke
04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
dimmit, where's the video!...I know chinaman kreb's probably has a shat load of pics!

Seth
04-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Kreb's didn't have a press pass, but that didn't keep him from crossing over the caution tape for the perfect shot!

Cajun
04-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Link to pics (http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/Vincent70663/Lonestar%20Strongman%202008/)

BMFScout
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
My connection at the hotel blows, I have all the pics and will upload them when I get back. I made it to my flight with about 5 minutes to spare. The worst headache I have ever had was gone by the time I got to Dallas.

BMFScout
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I like all the looks on the other competitors faces as they watch you do the farmer's walk. It's like they are saying, "You can't do it like that!"

BMFScout
04-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Kdc? He claims he took a few steps with the 700 lbs.

eight
04-08-2008, 08:03 AM
1/8 rotation. Or for the math & science majors, 45 degrees. That dam thing really is heavy.

Cajun
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
I like all the looks on the other competitors faces as they watch you do the farmer's walk. It's like they are saying, "You can't do it like that!"

It certainly wasn't my intention, and I don't advise it. BTW, nice avatar. :gigem:

jerryg79
04-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Jimmy you need to photochop earth where that stone is:gigem:

Seth
04-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I was thinking along the same lines "he's got the whole world, in his hands" andy=god?!

agjohn02
04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I was thinking along the same lines "he's got the whole world, in his hands" andy=god?!

no, Atlas, idiot

DRAGOONRANCH
04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Jimmy you need to photochop earth where that stone is:gigem:

Caption this one...

Andy, the one man Middle East Peace Maker.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/DRAGOONRANCH/Stupid/andyworld1.jpg

bburris
04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Were the atlas stones all the same weight or did they progressively get heavier as you worked down to the shorter pillars?

jerryg79
04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Were the atlas stones all the same weight or did they progressively get heavier as you worked down to the shorter pillars?

they got heavier.

Cajun
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
they got heavier.

Yes. The first was 250 and the fifth was either 330 or 360, nobody seems to be sure which.

EDIT: Good form Ed!

TxCruzr
04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Caption this one...

Andy, the one man Middle East Peace Maker.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/DRAGOONRANCH/Stupid/andyworld1.jpg

good work :gigem:

agjohn02
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
oh no, he's about to hurl on CONUS

Seth
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I was talking about the song asswipe.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM

cox=******* *******?!

agjohn02
04-09-2008, 08:18 AM

yeah, i know, that post turned out less sarcastic than i intended

Seth
04-09-2008, 08:23 AM
mine didn't :flipoff2:

jerryg79
04-09-2008, 07:37 PM
my neighbors pos that was in his driveway this weekend.

is the guy.....is the bear?

BMFScout
04-14-2008, 08:35 AM
poor Bonco...

tigweld
04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
does it have a top?

Seth
04-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I would take the wheels off his hands.

robertf03
04-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I would take the wheels off his hands.

While I admit to not being a wheel guy, those are probably the best looking factory offered 5 on 5.5 wheels. I've only seen them offered on Jeeps, and they look better on CJ's than that turd.

BMFScout
04-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Flem we've had this discussion, wheels make or break a car/truck. Not as much in the off-road world, but they can't be ignored. You saying you aren't a wheel guy, but then commenting on those wheels proves my point.

Seth
04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
I don't think those were a jeep original rim. They might have come on jeeps from the factory, but slot mags have been around for a long time.

Fredo
04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
jeep used them from the factory as an optional wheel on early to mid 70's CJ5's, but kidney bean wheels have been around for a lot longer than that.

Sharpe
04-15-2008, 03:59 PM
jeep used them from the factory as an optional wheel on early to mid 70's CJ5's, but kidney bean wheels have been around for a lot longer than that.

My CJ has them now gimme a cookie.

Seth
04-15-2008, 04:10 PM
great minds think alike eh fred?

Fredo
04-15-2008, 04:14 PM
great minds know they are refferred to as kindney bean wheels.... :flipoff2:

Seth
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
kidney bean when they are flat, slot mag when there is curve?

Fredo
04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
sure...why not. What's the weather like in your world today seth? :D

BMFScout
04-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Did you end up dominating the frat boy strongman last weekend or is that this weekend? Shreveport is next weekend, correct? Keep us updated!

Cajun
04-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Did you end up dominating the frat boy strongman last weekend or is that this weekend? Shreveport is next weekend, correct? Keep us updated!

It was a day of Vincent domination last weekend. I won, Matt took second.:gigem:

Baton Rouge is next Saturday, 4/26. Other events I'm looking at:
Georgia's Strongest Man; June 7 (http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/ga.pdf)
Carolina Strongman Classic; August 30 (http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/Carolina.pdf)
NAS National Championships; September 13 -- 14, Provo, UT

The NC contest is the highest level, and the winner will get his pro card. Lonny, the guy that took second in Conroe really wants to go to this one. I was definitely going, but the weights are ridiculously heavy (the farmer's walk is 50lbs/hand heavier than the TX one), and it's 2 weeks before nationals. I'm still undecided about this one. The overall winner of each division at nationals also gets their pro card.

I'm not sure about GA, because one of the other guys from Baton Rouge wants to qualify for nationals, and needs to finish in the top 3 in GA to do so. There's another really good guy in FL that will be there, and he doesn't like his chances with Lonny, myself, Matt, and this other guy. I'd like all of the LA guys to qualify for nationals, and I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't be better off training really hard all summer for the Fall competitions and skipping GA.

jerryg79
04-19-2008, 10:51 PM
excellent work andy!

redcagepatrol
04-20-2008, 11:12 AM
It was a day of Vincent domination last weekend. I won, Matt took second.:gigem:

That is pretty darn cool. We need to start planning a nationals road trip...

Fredo
04-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Kickass Andy! Good Job!

JeepPhisherman
04-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Where's the one in NC? The link won't open up here at the office.

Cajun
04-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Where's the one in NC? The link won't open up here at the office.

Charlotte.

Cajun
07-06-2008, 02:22 PM
I decided to do a comp in Columbia, SC on 8/2 instead of the NC one. I'm just not ready for a competition with weights like NC yet. So, here's my schedule:

8/2: Beast of the East; Columbia, SC
8/16: SW Strongest Man; Dallas, TX http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/southwest.pdf
8/23: Exhibition at Taste of Tiger Tailgating
9/13: NAS Nationals; Provo/SLC, UT

I hope to see the TAMOR North contingent in Dallas. :D

jerryg79
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I decided to do a comp in Columbia, SC on 8/2 instead of the NC one. I'm just not ready for a competition with weights like NC yet. So, here's my schedule:

8/2: Beast of the East; Columbia, SC
8/16: SW Strongest Man; Dallas, TX http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/southwest.pdf
8/23: Exhibition at Taste of Tiger Tailgating
9/13: NAS Nationals; Provo/SLC, UT

I hope to see the TAMOR North contingent in Dallas. :D

Damn it, same weekend we are having a party at the lake:(

Graystroke
07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I'l be there! Maybe you can sign my T-shirt!

DRAGOONRANCH
07-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I bet if you get him liquored up enough, he would even sign your moobies and then you could have the signature tatooed on permanent. :flipoff2:

BMFScout
08-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Ok, I'm in on this. If anyone needs a place to crash you know we have couches/floor. Should be a fun weekend, Freddy's buddy is having a pool party as well Saturday night. Come one come all.

ANDY DOMINATES DALLAS!!!

Andy you should get Brawndo to sponsor you.

BMFScout
08-04-2008, 01:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUIqgAzy_I4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ99CZsxBlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9bqLxuQ1zg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yOAkEt_aJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cArGU38X_9M

robertf03
08-04-2008, 06:26 AM
looks like they caught him on tape stealing tires from that storage unit :D

jerryg79
08-04-2008, 06:34 AM
new spandex!?!

you working out with those guys that ran the one in conroe?

Seth
08-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Is that my favorite announcer girl taping?

jerryg79
08-04-2008, 08:16 AM

I thought that too, but it sounds like a little kid too?

Cajun
08-04-2008, 09:02 AM
new spandex!?!

you working out with those guys that ran the one in conroe?
No, different pants but thanks for noticing sweety. That's where the Ortmayers and the Houston area guys train.

No, that's Ryan Bracewell's wife with the camera. He took 3rd in Conroe, and I've met up with him a few times to train over there. He's been putting up pretty impressive numbers lately, and I'm going to have to be on my game to beat him in Dallas.

In related news, I took 2nd in SC this past weekend. I was trailing by .5 points going into the last event, and I missed my last attempt on the max stone which would've given me the win.

uglyota
08-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I used to know a Ryan Bracewell. Is his wife's name Suzie and they live in Utah?