Has anyone here heard of "twisty joints"? Basically some sort of twisting mechanism built into a link, so that you can run bushings at both ends without excessive binding. Most of the time the twisty is built out of all thread or something similar, though there are some high dollar joints using this principle being put out by people like sunray. Here is an example of a homemade one used by Bgreen on pirate (big bastardized chevy truggy from alaska)

The reason I ask is I scored a bunch of 1.5" B7 all thread from work, and I'm thinking about using it to link my rig. I know flex joints would probably be preferable, but its hard to argue with cheap and free. I figure worse case they don't work and I replace them with normal joints down the road if necessary. This is the design I have in my head right now.

The all thread (teal) will be placed into some 1.75x.120 DOM (light grey) to help support it along its length. I will then sleeve that into the links (dark grey). The dark green will be the nuts (about 1.5" tall) which will be welded to the tube. I plan on adding some zerk fittings, and will protect the small amount of thread exposed with some O-ring fittings to help keep dirt out. Is there anything I should add or change that might make it work better?