Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: The TJ stands for Tate Jeep Buildup

And I suppose you are with them in the vehicle at all points of the inspection too. I have tried several times at several places and that is the thing that kept it from passing every time.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Yeah i am. The guy who inspects my mustang doesn't even drive it. The parking brake on my mustang hasn't worked as long as I've had the car.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Well it is safe to say you are not doing it legal. I don't have any connections here in Victoria so I have to do it right. Besides I would feel a lot more comfortable with one in my standard jeep. I have heard of way too many accidents of them popping out of gear. On the last trip my transfercase was slipping and wouldn't hold my jeep in gear so I had to park it on trees and such to keep it from rolling down hill.
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU

I don't know the guy. I just drive up and pay for an inspection. You just have to find a lazy inspection center.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Or you can just do it right.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I am def putting it on. I want an inspection sticker. Have been driving the jeep for 2+ years without one
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Or you can just do it right.
    Originally, this was his reasoning, not I'm tired of looking for trees to park on. If getting an inspection is what you want, there's an easy button for that.

I have been driving the Tate Jeep a little lately. Last Friday I went to start it and it was dead. So I hooked up the battery tender and she started the next morning. She didn't want to stay running. Would not idle. I drove it about 10 miles or so and she started running fine. Today I aired the tires up to 12-13 lbs and fueled up and drove it to work. Had to back road it and keep it under 55 because the bias tires haven't worked the flat spots out yet. I think it will smooth out after I drive home. The transfercase def has a bearing out. Sucker screams at higher speeds. I really need to make some time and get that atlas in.

Just a rant but moral of the story is I really need to drive this thing more. Only put 219 miles on her is the past 11 months and that is with two wheeling trips. 71 Miles to go to toll 27K miles. I want to put that on before taking it under the knife.
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU

Spent all damn day working on the dodge today. Changed axle u-joints. They were so sloppy it was silly. I don't know why dodge decided to go to non serviceable bearings throughout this truck. Not one grease point on it. Well now it has one zerk in each axleshaft ujoint. I also found my unit bearing hub assembly to be shot. One side was so bad I could hardly turn it when off the truck. The other was very dry but still moved freely. I got it all back together now and all it cost me was a day of work and about $700 in parts with my companies reasonable discount at napa. I also learned that my power steering box is leaking. It was replaced back in December before the warranty expired. That is a project for another day though.
    This truck has spent more time getting worked on than any other I have owned ever. And I only have 111k miles on it. Next new truck I get I am going to make sure it wasn't built in Mexico like this one. My 08 was atleast built in America.
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU

Doesn't matter where it's assembled, pretty much all the parts come from mexico and china.
    I know at least for the ford trucks, you can buy grease-able abs plugs so you can grease the unit bearings.
    If you're paying for it, what about upgrading to a psc or redhead gearbox?
    So you're telling me that dodge is dumb because you have to replace the u joints due to everything being non-servicable yet there are grease zerks on the u joints?

It is a dodge what do you expect? My chevy was built in the US by union worker (not sure if that last part is good or bad)
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Parts are still made in other countries.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    So you're telling me that dodge is dumb because you have to replace the u joints due to everything being non-servicable yet there are grease zerks on the u joints?
    The new u-joints he just installed have zerks on them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Looking at upgrading the cage in the Tate Jeep. Is this http://shop.poisonspyder.com/TJ-Full.../14-19-010.htm a viable option or should I just try and make some time to go use someone's bender? It looks decent enough and would be easy enough to get in in my spare time here(I don't really have any)
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU

I would get one that has the through dash bars instead of the side plates. Also make sure that it gets welded with a mig welder and fit up good

I like this cage better even though it builds off of the factory B pillar

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...l#.UmGg7VNwBRw
    Last edited by AggieTJ2007; 10-18-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    Also make sure that it gets welded with a mig welder and fit up good
    I think that is key. If you are going to use that generator stick welder I think the stock cage and windshield would be best.