Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Miss 'Pane

Project: Miss 'Pane

I've been meaning to sit down and recollect every thing I've been working on for the past few weeks, but I haven't had much time, so this is better than nothing.

Starting platform is a 1984 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I bought it from a Navy EOD who was about to be shipped back out and was home for a few weeks to clear up some business. He didn't want it sitting at his father's place up in Jonestown for another year, so we struck a deal.

Stopped by U-haul on my way home from the office the next day and drove up to Jonestown to pick it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I bought it on a whim, like most of my big purchases... So I didn't have a chance to really tear into it before buying it. Turned out to be a decent purchase, but there was definitely some booty-fab and short cuts taken.

The EOD only owned it for about a year and never really drove, except around Lake Travis. The guy before him was a local mechanic that used it for "muddin'", and the under-body showed it. I spent the first couple of weeks not really working on it, just tearing out what was left of the carpeting and interior.

It was pretty much gutted already, but I pulled the rest of the interior panels, cleaned up the dash, yanked the front and rear seats/belts out, pulled out the speakers, and emptied the truck of all the spares and fluids hidden in the various nooks.

(And the upload isn't working right now, so that's all for tonight.)

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    If he was EOD, be careful, there is liable to be trip wires hid all over it.

Nice ride though, glad to see you got a rig to really wheel now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    If he was EOD, be careful, there is liable to be trip wires hid all over it.

Nice ride though, glad to see you got a rig to really wheel now.

Thanks Ed. Deadline is TCC and I've only been working on this thing steady for the past 3 weeks. I don't have time to get it quite where I like it, but it should be wheelable. Didn't think about any kind of armor though, so I'll be taking it light on the rocks the first time around. Hopefully by the memorial day run I'll have some steel to protect the body, which is in pretty decent shape.

Looks like you've got a good start. Let's see some more pics! What are the plans for it?
    BDR

Plans are to get out in the garage and work on it. I'll update some more after I'm done tonight.

looks good, I hope you get some bigger straps to hold it to the trailer next time
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    looks good, I hope you get some bigger straps to hold it to the trailer next time
    Seriously! I personally know two people that have had a car fall of a trailer because those broke.

Karl's was just an old shatty minivan, although it did provide transportation for many events.

The second however is a craptastic whipple charged mustang which incurred a decent amount of body damage.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Rocker guards! If you care one bit about the body don't even think about trying to wheel that thing without rocker guards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post

The second however is a craptastic whipple charged mustang which incurred a decent amount of body damage.
    no wonder it fell off the trailer. you didnt mention the ice chest tie downs.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
    Seriously! I personally know two people that have had a car fall of a trailer because those broke.

Karl's was just an old shatty minivan, although it did provide transportation for many events.

In my defense I was using Ron's shat box of a trailer that fish tails if you go over 1.5 mph... Umm plus I was young or something...

But yeah, those little straps are not for cars/trucks....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Rocker guards! If you care one bit about the body don't even think about trying to wheel that thing without rocker guards!
    yes, and plate the frame where you mount them

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    Had chains wrapped around both axles with binders, I threw the straps on there just because I had them in the back of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    I was planning on figuring out the Toyota boatside dilema, but no time for that just yet, so I made a call to Trail-Gear on Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN View Post
    yes, and plate the frame where you mount them
    Planning on making some diamond shaped plates and gussets. Need to pick up some steel tomorrow, Trail-Mart shat should be here Wednesday/Thursday.