Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Miss 'Pane

Oh, and I finally realized the front hanger had been beat to **** and re-welded, how I didn't spot that, I don't know. But I don't have time to make one, so I've got one on order from TG.

Does anyone have some stock front spring hangers? The shortest I could find were 5" eye to eye. I guess I'll probably just have to make those too, but a hand drill, 3/8" plate and 19 mm drill bits don't usually go together.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman View Post
    2) Trucks, like boats, should always be women (and we all know women never get promoted up to Major).
    I disagree. What kind of woman name would Pigpen or The Klogger have?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I doubt your piece of **** would pass inspection. This one will.
    Hell I got tags on my 4Runner through August of 08!

Oh, and I finally realized the front hanger had been beat to **** and re-welded, how I didn't spot that, I don't know. But I don't have time to make one, so I've got one on order from TG.

Does anyone have some stock front spring hangers? The shortest I could find were 5" eye to eye. I guess I'll probably just have to make those too, but a hand drill, 3/8" plate and 19 mm drill bits don't usually go together.
    Garrett, let me look through my boxes o'sh!t and see what I have. I will let you know what I got, and maybe send you a care package.

would you quit fuggin ordering stuff from trail gear?
    Marlin Crawler, Front Range Offroad, even All-Pro are the innovative companies who busted their asses to make it possible for you to easily build a badass rig out of a toyota minitruck. Trailgear came onto the scene cheating, stealing, and otherwise conniving to put these companies out of business. They do not deserve a dime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    would you quit fuggin ordering stuff from trail gear?
    Marlin Crawler, Front Range Offroad, even All-Pro are the innovative companies who busted their asses to make it possible for you to easily build a badass rig out of a toyota minitruck. Trailgear came onto the scene cheating, stealing, and otherwise conniving to put these companies out of business. They do not deserve a dime.
    I hadn't ordered anything from them until last week. No one else could meet my deadlines for the sliders to be here by Thursday. And Marlin keeps ****ing up my orders, so I might be done with them. I just talked with Brian an hour or so ago about some parts he's watching after for me and I just ordered the hanger from AllPro. So, I support the original Toyota vendors, thank you very much.

good man, not sure that excuses the fact that TG even came to mind, but it helps
    are you just trying to get rid of the long shackles to lose lift? You'll probably be better off keeping the long shackles and pulling/replacing a leaf or two out of those springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    good man, not sure that excuses the fact that TG even came to mind, but it helps
    are you just trying to get rid of the long shackles to lose lift? You'll probably be better off keeping the long shackles and pulling/replacing a leaf or two out of those springs
    These shackles are huge, so yes, loosing them to loose some lift. I don't want to pull leaves yet because the springs are brand new and I don't want to fork them up.

While Marlin is a great guy, their customer service blows nuts.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    I disagree. What kind of woman name would Pigpen or The Klogger have?
    Butch
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    While Marlin is a great guy, their customer service blows nuts.
    I've never talked to him, so I don't know what all the ass kissing is about, but his products have a good reputation. And yes, Marlin Crawler the company, blows.

I've never talked to him, so I don't know what all the ass kissing is about, but his products have a good reputation. And yes, Marlin Crawler the company, blows.
    I have watched him spend a weekend at an event not wheeling and fixing someone's **** that got trailered in just so that they could wheel the next day. That to me is good people. I also watched T.R. from ARB and Russ from BaerTrax do the exact same thing one year later at the same event. Actions like these are what makes me want to support a vendor and go to bat for them, even if they don't know how to run a business.

Got some more work done today. Also got some parts in at the office yeterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Man, my tiny garage is a ****ing mess!

Anyway, Ed found us a good deal on some 'pane tanks, so I picked up an extra and he grabbed 2 and some tank brackets. New hanger from TG, since All-Pro called me 2 days after I ordered theirs and told me they wouldn't have any for a week. Also sliders from TG since I don't have a bender. And a heavy ass box.

Actually, now that I think about it, not a whole lot of work done today. I fecked around in the engine bay some more, trying to clean some stuff up and figure out how I'm going to wire the motor.

Also took an idea from Feller for mounting my Napa (Exide) Orbital. Besides blowing through the stock sheet metal battery tray, it turned out pretty well. We'll see how it holds up after some beating on though, I might just have to revert back to some j-bolts.

I got some more work done on my stock front axle as well. In the process of rebuilding it.

I also decided I'm not going to make it to TCC this year. In addition to being way behing my build schedule and having some parts still floating around in UPS land, the prime contract for the hotel is coming this next week, so I won't be able to work on the truck much, if any before next weekend.

New deadline is Ed's return on Memorial Day.
    Attached Images Attached Images