Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: good mpg vehicle

good mpg vehicle

my dad is needing a car to drive back and forth to his Pete in Austin. driving a dodge dually really isnt practical. looking for something mechanically sound. could care less about wheels/systems, power anything. less bling would be better since it wont be sitting on the good side of town.

requirements are ~30mpg and no more than ~2k.

I want one too.

Maybe look for a older (90's) toyota corolla with under 200,000 miles. I had some surfing buddies that could get upper 20's mpg with 4-5 people and 4 boards.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

i will have a 1990 nissan maxima for sale in about 2 weeks, gets about 20 mpg in the city and 25 or so on the highway. has 150k miles and a rebuilt auto transmission with about 1k miles. lets say $2000 obo.

looking for asap. but if he hasnt bought something yet. ill let him know. its 25mi one way, and he makes the trip twice a day.

he wants a small toyota pickup, and he was looking at a 2wd comanche. but people are too damn proud of them. i refuse to let him pay more than 2k for a 2wd minitruck.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I want one too. I'll be working downtown soon and am losing my company car. I enjoyed never having to start the Dodge unless I pulled something The cost of the insurance and fuel savings might actually pay for it'self.
    Mine must have a working AC and good tires though. Prefer a 4 door.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

bastards! i get first dibs

i drive this car everyday, the tires are goos, i think one may have worn funny, but i cant remember, ill have to check on that one, and the ac blows ice cold, i may be able to sell this sooner than later, ill have to talk to my dad and see when he picks up my next car and then some how get it up to me so i have something to drive.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    drive da general biatchhhhh........
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    drive da general biatchhhhh........
    im working on it, baby steps

My dad is wanting to sell his extended cab '85 toyoty pickup. The AC and everything works, runs great, and it looks pretty good, bright red. It also has a nice steel truck box. It was owned by a pilot before dad and he took really good care of it. The problems are it's carbed, automatic, and burns a little oil. I think he was asking $2500, but would take less. Those little toyotys are going through the roof since gas is as well. I can get pics if someone is interested, and can find out how many miles are on it.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    you can only get like 20mpg out of those trucks, I'd like to get closer to 30
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post
    you can only get like 20mpg out of those trucks, I'd like to get closer to 30
    jimmy got more then that all the way from misery with a big ass crate in the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Fred's (formerly my) white Toyota gets 30 on the highway unloaded doing 70. I only got 24 or so on the way back going 75+ with a big ass crate in the back. The carb'ed auto truck might not get quite that good though. Even if you only got 20 mpg out of it, the initial investment is low, maintenance and insurance are next to nothing, you can haul stuff in the back, it keeps mileage off of cars you care about, and you can drive it for 3-4 years and as long as it doesn't get wrecked or stolen you can sell it for what you bought it for or more. I would take a 5-10 mpg hit over a car for sure, mucho better for guys like us. Although I could pack a lot of crap in a civic!
    Last edited by BMFScout; 04-28-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    looking for asap.
    i just talked to my dad and if your friend is still interested i will be able to let it go by the end of this week and will be able to get the title from my dad mid next week or maybe sooner. if he wants to test drive it then let me know and we can set up a time tomorrow or wed.

lowballing someone
    also it is a 92 not a 90 and it has a new alternator about a year ago, plugs, wires, cap, rotor about 6 months ago. coil a month ago and a new water pump and power steering pump as of today. all will have life time warranties thru Oreilly. looking to get rid of so make us an offer. it can be available as soon as tomorrow morning. and i can deliver to houston the beginning of next week for free as well.
    Last edited by colman; 04-28-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come