Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: car hauler

lowballing someone

car hauler

its time to buy my self a trailer and stop using my dad's
    i'm looking for one with 5200 lb axles and car hauler type not a pipe top. would like to find one under a grand but would pay a little more if it was in better shape. i'm not afraid to put some work into one if it is a good deal. it needs to be the 83" wide variety or wider and between 16 and 20 ft long. a 2 foot or so dove tail would be great as well. thanks
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    its time to buy my self a trailer and stop using my dad's
    i'm looking for one with 5200 lb axles and car hauler type not a pipe top. would like to find one under a grand but would pay a little more if it was in better shape. i'm not afraid to put some work into one if it is a good deal. it needs to be the 83" wide variety or wider and between 16 and 20 ft long. a 2 foot or so dove tail would be great as well. thanks
    I would like to find a good one for under a grand too.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

lowballing someone
    i know its a lot to ask but someone may see something and ocasionally i see one. now i just have the money.

i could use one with 3500 lb axles bc i only have a cj5 and a jimmy which is light but i wouldn't feel safe hauling brian's 1 ton blazer or anything of that size
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I think lots of people have hauled 1 ton equipped trucks with 3500 lbs axles. I know Krebs and I both have. I think it has more to do with proper weight balance.

Just my 2 cents, of course if I had the option I would go 5200 lbs axles, but 3500 are so much more common.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

ill be your pickup man
    Only carhauler you are going to find for under 1k is someone's homemade ****ass contraption. You can find a 16-18' 3500lb'r new for under 2k. If you want 5200lb'rs 18+' with some options, you are looking around 3k. I looked at used trailers before deciding I wanted something I would not have to fix all the time.

Things you might keep in mind...
    -I like ramps that pull out from the back instead of from the sides. Less work.
    -dont get removable fenders
    -most should have a brake
    -bulldog hitches are nice
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

lowballing someone
    at least one axle will have a brake either before or after i get one and after looking around for the last week or so and looking at weights of people's rigs i have come to the conclusion that 3500 lb axles are ok but i would still like the bigger ones. ive found a few but after gas to go get them they don't seem like such a great deal and i have time to wait. i'm putting my self on a time frame to have one by the end of the summer at latest

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Only carhauler you are going to find for under 1k is someone's homemade ****ass contraption. You can find a 16-18' 3500lb'r new for under 2k. If you want 5200lb'rs 18+' with some options, you are looking around 3k. I looked at used trailers before deciding I wanted something I would not have to fix all the time.

Things you might keep in mind...
    -I like ramps that pull out from the back instead of from the sides. Less work.(ramps schmamps )
    -dont get removable fenders (If it has them, just hard mount them and build some rails that can be driven over)
    -most should have a brake (If you aren't towing with a 3/4 or 1ton, it is a necessity IMO )
    -bulldog hitches are THE ONLY WAY TO GO(Just ask Creighton. )

fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

lowballing someone
    i like the edited version. thanks ed

ideally i want a 16+2, 83" wide, car hauler not pipe top, with 5200 lb axles(i'd take 3500), bulldog hitch prob 2 5/16, drive over fenders, those things on the side so i could add sides if i wanted, wood deck and at least 4 d rings to tie crap down. can't afford more than 1800 but in colman land i can get that for 1k. who knows i may get lucky

i like the edited version. thanks ed

ideally i want a 16+2, 83" wide, car hauler not pipe top, with 5200 lb axles(i'd take 3500), bulldog hitch prob 2 5/16, drive over fenders, those things on the side so i could add sides if i wanted, wood deck and at least 4 d rings to tie crap down. can't afford more than 1800 but in colman land i can get that for 1k. who knows i may get lucky
    Shipping from Isreal is going to blow the wad.....

'Cause if she don't,

lowballing someone
    zing (can i do that to myself?)

exiled no more
    find one that already has brakes if you can...adding brakes can be a PITA for tracking down parts, especially if you end up w/ something uncommon

plz take note that i've never owned a trailer, but have had to try to find the parts for a couple of trailers for my former boss

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I added brakes to my trailer. I think it cost me right under $200 4 years ago. If you find a place that has all the stuff it is easy. Houston Trailer Wheel and Frame has good prices on the stuff.

I did also check before I bought my trailer to see what kind of axles it had, to make sure I could find parts.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

lowballing someone
    i think i am going to buy a new one, it will cost more out right but in the long run i know what i will have and the history. ive upped my budget to 2500 (prety sure i can't get it anywhere under 2k). time to see what i can find

ideally i want a 16+2, 83" wide, car hauler not pipe top, with 5200 lb axles, bulldog hitch 2 5/16, drive over fenders(not a high priority), stakes on the sides so i could add sides if i wanted, wood deck, brakes on at least 1 axle if not both, rear flush mounted lights so they won't brake off as easily and i hate it when the metal on the sides of the dove tail stick up and aren't flush with the deck so that is a must .

i think i am going to buy a new one,
    Somebody call 911, this man must be dying........

'Cause if she don't,

either that or he has won the lotto and hasnt told me about it