Page 116 of 211 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    If you run a tube, do you need to have something in there to hold the tube in place? I know dirt bikes have this.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I know the dirt track guys never did when I was working at Eaker's. Would the valve stem keep it where it needs to be?

In fact, when we set up dirt track tires we would put baby powder inside the tire before putting the tube in to reduce the friction and wear between the tube and the tire.
    BDR

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    I think i found an 8.8 for me heep. my question is that the axle has 4.10 gears....should i keep these and upgrade the front axle or should i get 4.88s for both? I am on a (measly)budget.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Tube: Just make sure you put a boot on the inside of the tire to keep the hole in it from rubbing one in the tube or pinching it. +1 on the baby powder and check the rim and tire for anything else inside that might not get along w/ the tube. Go ahead and get you a few patches for the tube while you are at it.

Axle: Leave the gears like they are. The higher gears (lower numerically) in the front will allow your front tires to turn faster, therefore pulling you up the obstacle better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    I think i found an 8.8 for me heep. my question is that the axle has 4.10 gears....should i keep these and upgrade the front axle or should i get 4.88s for both? I am on a (measly)budget.
    If the gears are good in the 8.8 just put 4.10's in the front and be done, then upgrade later if you want.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    If the gears are good in the 8.8 just put 4.10's in the front and be done, then upgrade later if you want.
    gotcha
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

ill be your pickup man
    It appears that my new steering stop is actually my axle shafts. This is a result (i guess) of mating a Yukon Chevy outer to a Ford inner. Not good or no big deal?

Edit: at rest, and at full lock both left and right, the stop is actually in the box. The inner/outers are close but do not touch (obviously they have touched at some point though). The cast in steering stop on teh knuckle as seen in the first pic does not reach the C before the box stops turning. I suppose I could weld on some round stock to the knuckle to make that the actualy stop, but not sure if it really matters
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by JB; 07-14-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

drill and tap the inner c insert bolt with jam nut and then its adjustable

or take a die grinder and clearance them where they tough until they don't touch anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    or take a die grinder and clearance them where they tough until they don't touch anymore
    this. having your steering stops not be your steering stops will make you knuckles last longer with hydro steering. the cylinder is actually the best place to serve as the stop, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    gotcha
    I have some new spicer 4.10s for a D30 in a box someplace I could let go for cheap.

A few XJs came with 4.10s, and 5speed 4cyl TJs did too. (If you can find a junkyard one for cheap and swap it in)
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    this. having your steering stops not be your steering stops will make you knuckles last longer with hydro steering. the cylinder is actually the best place to serve as the stop, IMO.
    you still have to account for tierod flex, so the knuckle stop should be pretty close even though the ram should bottoms out first.

Is there an easy way to wire up e-fans? Right now I have the mechanical fan (with a broken clutch and a shroud that doesn't fit) and the e-fans set up as pushers. They are dual 12" fans from a dodge minivan. I don't want to spend $50 on some wires. I plan on taking out the mechanical crap and switching the fans to pullers

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Is there an easy way to wire up e-fans? Right now I have the mechanical fan (with a broken clutch and a shroud that doesn't fit) and the e-fans set up as pushers. They are dual 12" fans from a dodge minivan. I don't want to spend $50 on some wires. I plan on taking out the mechanical crap and switching the fans to pullers

don't forget the fuse
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

What's the best way to get a strong bond between 2 pieces of metal brake line? I've tried soldering and jb weld and neither is strong enough. This is for building a frame for a RC crawler, so I don't want to use and threads into different shaped distribution blocks or anything like that.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat