Page 99 of 211 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Flex fans need rpm to move a good amount of air. How old is your fan clutch? From what I've read a stock fan with a good clutch should pull a lot more air, especially at idle, than a flex fan. You can also look into stock fans from other vehicles. I'm pretty sure I've read about a fan swap before where someone found a fan with more blades from a cadillac or something and swapped it in.
    BDR

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I would go ahead and go with an electric. Seems the jeepers are always ruining a good radiator when the fan gets into it. Just not much room under the hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

lowballing someone
    taurus or mark vii
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

if you get taurus make sure you get the 2 speed as the motor is smaller and go ahead and grap a fan controller out of a volvo while you are at it
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    If it doesn't get over 210-215 I'm not seeing the problem?
    I am hoping to try and gain some space between my fan (clutch) and the radiator while possibly helping the engine stay a little cooler. I know 215 isnt causing any immediate damage but when im turning higher rpms the engine stays around 190 so I figured a flex fan might help both issues....

True Hollywood Stry
    The mark vii fan has weird mounting brackets and will require you to get a bigger alternator. At least I had to on big nasty. Though it was by far the most awesome e-fan I have ever had.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    if you get taurus make sure you get the 2 speed as the motor is smaller and go ahead and grap a fan controller out of a volvo while you are at it
    what year and model of volvo?

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    Flex fans need rpm to move a good amount of air. How old is your fan clutch? From what I've read a stock fan with a good clutch should pull a lot more air, especially at idle, than a flex fan. You can also look into stock fans from other vehicles. I'm pretty sure I've read about a fan swap before where someone found a fan with more blades from a cadillac or something and swapped it in.
    The fan clutch has been on the jeep since i have had it (8 years) for all i know its original.
    I thought the idea of a flex fan is that it moves more air at lower rpms and less air as rpms increase and the blades flatten out?

I would really prefer to ditch the clutch. I was hoping a flex fan would be a good option but if it wont be able to do as good as the stock set up than electric would be my next choice. thanks for the advise

ford contour fans are the way to go, they kick taurus fans a$$. look in my build thread

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy53002 View Post
    I thought the idea of a flex fan is that it moves more air at lower rpms and less air as rpms increase and the blades flatten out?
    This is what I thought also??? Cooper has a flex fan on his jeep.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by tommy53002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Thats what I always thought
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    That is what I always thought too...I'll have to figure out where I had read/heard that. No it wasn't PBB...
    BDR

actually i just have a normal fan on the jeep, but i do have a flex fan on the yota

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    what year and model of volvo?
    I don't know but it is one unit that has two relays to control a two speed fan built in.

I just saw it an yanked it
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I had a flex fan on my jeep. Not sure if it was original. After eating the radiator too many times due to too close clearance, stock skid plate, and stock motor mounts, I swapped to the electric fans from 03 chevy malibu. I will eventually switch back to a mechanical fan.