Page 170 of 211 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    Im planning on swapping in 4.5in springs and selling the 5.5inchers. What will i have to adjust after i do the swap? Track bar? Control arms? Never done this before...
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    Im planning on swapping in 4.5in springs and selling the 5.5inchers. What will i have to adjust after i do the swap? Track bar? Control arms? Never done this before...
    For one inch I doubt there is much you have to do. IIRC you have radius arms with adjustable top links? Your best bet would be to take it to an alignment shop and have them adjust the caster. Trac bar should be fine.

Or just bring it to Dowling and I'll fix it up
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 05-21-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Thanks
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    Thanks
    I edited that last post after taking a dump, just bring it over and I can take care of it.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Gota find the 4.5in springs first but ill let you know.

Honestly are 1 inch different springs going to matter? Are they different rates and did you find smaller tires?
    Born to Kill

I still have 33's
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Honestly are 1 inch different springs going to matter? Are they different rates and did you find smaller tires?
    Since I don't have the cash for new tires I'm looking for a straight trade. I've found a couple of guys so that won't be a big deal. As far as the springs I'm trying to go to 4in to accommodate my future wife. My springs sit at 6in anyways so I figured goin to 4 wouldn't be hard. It's just a matter of finding them.

Have you posted up in any off road forums? Springs shouldn't be hard to come by.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Have you posted up in any off road forums? Springs shouldn't be hard to come by.
    Ya just started today. I had a guy that was gona come buy my jeep but that fell through so now ill just keep it and make it a little more road friendly.

The springs won't be an issue. The shocks on the other hand might bottom out. I don't know yet, I need to call rubicon express on Monday and find out.

The springs limit bump travel? adjust the bump stops or the mounting location of the shocks
    Born to Kill

I just need to get down there and fiddle**** with it.
    Last edited by NealtheDestroyr; 05-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Anyone know where I can get this stuff in person and save the $15 on shipping?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POR-1...iveQ5fServices
    I checked tractor supply and west marine on-line with no luck. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

i've never seen that stuff for sale in person
    centerville radiator cleans and repairs and paints for 50 bucks, then calls you when its time to pick it up.