Page 60 of 211 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 160 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

yeah Ignition Control Module. I dunno anything about that coil per cylinder stuff though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

So after talking with several people I decided to stay with 33"s until the Jeep is no longer my daily driver.

That said it is time to buy some new tires.

I have ran Cooper STT's for the past two years and they are near 50k now. They have worn unevenly, but have performed well in every environment I've been to. (although the only "off-road tire I have to compare is the BFG AT's)

That said I am considering switching to the BFG KM2s or the Goodyear MT/Rs.
    They are all close enough in price for that to not be an issue.

Thoughts, experiences, and opinions are greatly appreciated.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Plenty of people DD 35s (edit: though not with a 4cyl)
    You should buy Kreighton's Krawlers
    I love my Trxus MTs
    Last edited by uglyota; 12-28-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    So after talking with several people I decided to stay with 33"s until the Jeep is no longer my daily driver.

I have ran Cooper STT's for the past two years and they are near 50k now. They have worn unevenly, but have performed well in every environment I've been to. (although the only "off-road tire I have to compare is the BFG AT's)

The KM2's are nice, pops has em and likes em, smooth ride, not loud. I have the MT/R's with Kevlar on the Power Wagon and they are nice also. Don't think you can go bad either way.

Dont you like to pond hop as well? i dont have any experience with either, but i heard the MT/R's dont do so swift in the mud. ask karl.

GM guru's:

pros and cons of a LT1?

a guy wants to trade me a 1995 LT1 to what he claims came out of a police caprice. 70k miles. complete engine with comp and wiring harness. what is worth? worth holding onto? im leary of a police engine that has 70k because i know the hours are 10 fold that.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    GM guru's:

pros and cons of a LT1?

a guy wants to trade me a 1995 LT1 to what he claims came out of a police caprice. 70k miles. complete engine with comp and wiring harness. what is worth? worth holding onto? im leary of a police engine that has 70k because i know the hours are 10 fold that.
    PROS : They are ****in' sweet

Seriously though, the LT1 in Caprice's and cop cars have iron heads. The ones in the camaros are aluminum, so the camaro ones are slightly more desirable. LT1's make good power and are a good engine. In recent years the 5.3's have become more popular.

Price, I would say for a complete (harness, intake, etc..) "iron head" LT1 market price would be about $800. $500 would start to be the line for a "good deal".

For reference I picked up my "aluminum head" complete with tranny for $600 5 years ago. It has been sitting next to my chevelle making "vroom" noises ever since...
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    PROS : They are ****in' sweet

Seriously though, the LT1 in Caprice's and cop cars have iron heads. The ones in the camaros are aluminum, so the camaro ones are slightly more desirable. LT1's make good power and are a good engine. In recent years the 5.3's have become more popular.

Price, I would say for a complete (harness, intake, etc..) "iron head" LT1 market price would be about $800. $500 would start to be the line for a "good deal".

For reference I picked up my "aluminum head" complete with tranny for $600 5 years ago. It has been sitting next to my chevelle making "vroom" noises ever since...
    my parts are worth about ~$500-550 that he wants to trade for. i have a 700r4 and np208 at my expense. damn it, i dont want to build another truck!

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Does that truck have an icm of some sort? That's the first thing that comes to mind for me when I hear about misfires at low rpms that smooth out at higher ones. Coil is also a good bet...they can go out at the lower RPMs (lower voltages) but still work fine at higher RPMs...I think
    swap the coils around first, if it follows it to the cyl that you swapped it to, then its the coil

I loved my 33" MT/R's

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Plenty of people DD 35s (edit: though not with a 4cyl)
    You should buy Kreighton's Krawlers

I love my Trxus MTs
    Yeah 33s are good for a DD anything bigger and you put a lot more stress on other parts and you won't be as reliable, I would go with some km2s
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Yokohama Geolander A/T

I've been running the same 31" set for almost three years now and I love them. Great off-road, handle themselves well on the street, and are wearing like iron, and were pretty cheap, to boot. I highly recommend them. 33" is the biggest they go.
    Last edited by 4-Banger; 12-28-2009 at 11:12 PM.
    I may not be able to run with the big dogs, but I can limp with the pack.

If you want cheap I would try out those re tread mtr looking tires. They have gotten great reviews on all the boards and I have seen them wheel and they hook up well.

Edit: ithink the name of the company is tread wright.
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 12-28-2009 at 11:56 PM.

ill be your pickup man

I am a big fan of KM/2s. I get 50k-60k out of them on my truck. Quiet enough for a mud tire, and do great in every terrain I have put them in .
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

True Hollywood Stry
    I don't have any long term experience with the mtr's but I think they are to soft to get 50-60k out of like the bfg. Km/2's all the way.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!