Page 172 of 211 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Anti Wrap Bar Placement?

Option 1) The driver's side of the rear axle - This would create less problems with routing exhaust
    Option 2) The passengar Side of the rear axle - Seems I read on the interweb one day that it is better to put the bar on the passenger side due to the way the vehicle torques when under load. Thoughts?
    Option 3) It doesn't f'in matter
    I have always seen it done on the same side as the front axle drop. So for cjs with pass. side drop it always seems people put them on the pass. side. But for yjs/tjs with driver drop it always seems people match with that side. Not sure the exact reason except for available room free from the exhaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    How much does it cost to install an AUX port in a vehicle? Should i take it somewhere or do it myself?
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Chief
    buy a head unit with an aux port already in it. and yes you can do it yourself.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Ive already got a 6 cd changer in my yukon i just want the little port to throw an ipod on.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

ive found a cheap way to do it but i dont know my way around car stereos well enough.

Chief
    call the dealership then. you're looking at 3-5 bills for an aux jack. ask me how i know.

you have to ask yourself if you need a 6cd changer when you have an ipod jack. Personally, i haven't used my cd player at all since I got my new head unit with the ipod jack
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Chief
    how did you find out a way to do it? car stereos are brutally simple.

Fm modulator

Chief
    The quality on those is ****ty at best. sounds like your music is playing through a tube, not to mention you're lucky if you can find a station that doesn't rape your speakers with static..

Wasnt a modulator...http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184721 this is what ive found.

Chief
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541ISGM...it.html?tp=120

Here is what the dealer would install if you went to them. Might be worth it to shell out the extra coin and not have to afro-engineer your stereo system like in that link you posted. These types of systems are super easy to install. Usually they send you the connectors and it's a plug and play type of job. It's a good way to keep your cd changer and still have an aux port.

Thanks for the info. Ill swing by a stereo store to see what they have to offer.

Is it possible to run both a propane set up and a regular gas system on a truck? What I am wondering is if I did buy that yota, could i make it to where i drove it with the carb system on the road, and flip to propane while offroad?

And if it is possible, what would have to be done?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Yes, it is possible. Not sure if that trucks system is currently set up for it and if not I am not sure what you would need to add. Pretty sure extreme 4x4 had a little sammi buggy many years ago that had this propane/unleaded system.

Now I am not so sure. This doesn't sound like you can b/c it states you have to remove the stock fuel system. http://www.gotpropane.com/p4.html
    On second thought maybe that sammi was a bio diesel hybrid. Not sure.

EDIT:
    APPARENTLY I NEED TO READ A LITTLE MORE BEFORE POSTING UP.
    Look further down the page and there is a dual fuel system for the 22r. Check that out and see what components it has, then see what that truck is missing and add it. Done deal.
    Last edited by 85cj7; 06-08-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Thanks man
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"