Page 203 of 211 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    What's a good universal electric fuel pump for a carb? I have a Mr. Gasket or something like that on my truck and it won't pump ****.

Also, steel gas tank repair? Fill it with water and weld it? I have a couple of rusty pin holes that leak.
    JB Weld
    85 yota, 305 on propane, 4.7 t-case, 37" hummer tires on H1 beadlocks, rear welded

I have a 33gallon tank you can have that is just in my way. It has however been repaired once upon a time with the gas tank repair crap. Never had a problem with it after using it.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

I've got a cj steel 15 gallon tank you can have. It is in perfect condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

I just bought a new sending unit for this tank so I'm going to try and fix it. Thanks for the offers on the tanks though.

For the skid on my bumper for my white truck, I need to bend 1/4 " plate on a 7.825" radius. Any ideas on how to do this and make it look good?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    When welding on tanks, I usually use a 1:1 simple green/water mixture to slosh around a few times in it, then stick an air hose or use the exhaust port on a shop vac to blow in it to help displace any vapors and dry it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    If its just pin holes don't weld it. You will create a headache for yourself chasing blow outs. They make a 2 stage tank repair product the uses acid to prep the inside the tank and the another part that is like thinned Jb weld that you slosh around in the tank. It will fill all the holes and clear up the rust. I've used it on several tractor tanks. Ill find the name of it in the morning.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

What about welding a piece of 16ga. around the entire area that's rusty? it would only be 2"x2" and then do the 2 part tank treatment on it.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Just try it and report back on how it worked
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I like to cut the pin-holed part out and put the patch piece on the inside of the tank if it's that bad.

POR-15 has a Fuel Tank Sealer. Just don't get it on your hootus... Have a kit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I need to bend 1/4 aluminum plate for the skid plate on my bumper. I talked to custom fab and the only way they can bend plate is with a brake. I need it bent on a radius around the outside of the tubes that hang down. Any ideas? I guess I could probably try bolting the top down and bendind it around the bottom with a torch but I'm not sure how even I could make it with 1/4" plate. Ideas?

have them make several smaller brakes. or get a piece of pipe, a torch, hammer and some big c clamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

take some scrap pieces of bent tube from the shop and tack them to the table. use the big c clamps to hold the top in place. Heat with torch and bend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

I'm pretty sure that could be rolled, but don't know enough about that process to know how accurate the tangent edges can be placed.

1/4" aluminum is probably going to crack on a press brake.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that could be rolled, but don't know enough about that process to know how accurate the tangent edges can be placed.

1/4" aluminum is probably going to crack on a press brake.
    The ends will be flat unless you cut the piece long and then trim it to size. If you take your time and know what you are doing with the roller the tangent edges can be place very precisely. Keyword: know what you are doing.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Any fab shops/ people suggestions? I don't mind having someone do it if I know it will come out nice