Page 4 of 211 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    waste of time
    the whole thing is a waste of time. we can just work your welder into the debt

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    the whole thing is a waste of time. we can just work your welder into the debt
    Fawk ya best idea you ever had
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

dove nose/tail a blazer. yes or no?
    Yes.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    hmmm I was told I would only have a restricted turning radius, not no turning radius.

I don't want to lock the 35, so I was really hoping an aussie would work out in the front.

Does anyone actually run a lunch box in the front here, on the club?
    I have a lunchbox locker in the front of mine, wouldn't do it on a TJ. An auto locker like an aussie or full detroit is the way to go. You won't even know it's there until you put it in 4wd. It will make a huge difference off-roading and you will probably break a rear 35 shaft before you break a front shaft anyway.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    I have a lunchbox locker in the front of mine, wouldn't do it on a TJ. An auto locker like an aussie or full detroit is the way to go. You won't even know it's there until you put it in 4wd. It will make a huge difference off-roading and you will probably break a rear 35 shaft before you break a front shaft anyway.
    Thats what the Jeepforum guys were saying about the aussie.

And the shaft I did break... Was in the front...
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    An aussie locker is a lunchbox locker.

C.J. has an aussie in the front on his cj5, I don't think he's had any trouble with it. I had a powertrax in the rear of my 8.8 which worked well until I got 38's.

Everyone will tell you to go with different setups but you're the one dropping the cash so you have to make the final decision. Full detroits are nice but expensive, if you have the money and don't plan on swapping axles then go for it. An aussie, ez locker, powertrax, or other lunchbox would work great with your setup and not break the bank but that's just my opinion.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

I didn't think you wanted a lunchbox locker in the front of a TJ because it locks regardless if power is applied or not and since you don't have lockouts it will lock the front two wheels together making steering chitty around town. I wheel a drop in in the front, but I have lockouts. I thought an aussie was like a full case detroit, I guess I don't know what an aussie locker is.

OK, I went and looked. I wouldn't run an aussie locker = ez locker/powertrax/drop in locker. I wouldn't run this in the front of a TJ, but that is just me. I don't think it locks/unlocks smooth enough to run it on the street, but Creighton says he ran one. Lissa had a full case detroit in the front of her TJ, and I say that is the way to go. It was completely undetectable since you have to apply power to it it make it lock up, so 2WD was fine.

If you broke a front shaft with 33" tires unlocked you were doing something really dumb. You've found the right place!!
    Last edited by BMFScout; 09-30-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

this is what i said two pages ago, its not a slip/clutch locker so its going to suck

unit bearing bring the suck. just leave it open.

why do thirnbirds bring the suck?

why do thirnbirds bring the suck?
    They are basically a kickass all terrain that completly sucks on the road.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    They are basically a kickass all terrain that completly sucks on the road.
    got three at the house. debating on selling them or throwing them on the back of the ford.

I will never forget thaxton running on thornbirds, couldnt get over 55 or something ridiculous like that. He was holding up a convoy of guys pullin trailers out to alto.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Ryan, you are wrong

Jimmy, I think you are misunderstanding. The aussie locker is a lunchbox locker. It works just like a full case detroit except it is alot cheaper/ easier to install. You will not notice it in 2wd. I drove mine on the highway and around town for almost 30,000 miles with the aussie locker and it never gave me any problems.

I would recommend the Aussie locker for the front. The difference it makes is incredible. I have only broken the pins in the locker once and that was after this last trip to clayton and I think I snapped 2 or 3 shafts.

PM if you have any questions about your Jeep I will tell you what I have done to mine and how it affected the road handling.

My Jeep actually drove down the highway very well up until it decided to **** the transfer case.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Just curious, why wouldn't you get a cheap locker and some lockout Warn hubs? That's what I did on 8runner & it worked great - allowed me to 3 wheel when I broke something too.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

becuase a TJ has a unit bearing dana 30. much like the dana 44/60 in dodges. lockout=$$$. but while polish a turd?

with a locker. the front driveshaft will always spin. might cause vibrations.