Page 30 of 211 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

jack the front tires off of the ground and see if there is any play in them, you may just need new dust boots, and put some new grease in them
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Jacked around with the uglytruck last night trying to diagnose my stumble. Stumbles when accelarating from idle. Unplugged the TPS and it immediately idled up. Like 500 rpm. Adjusted the idle back down, hit the gas a few times and it seems the stumble has gone away. Figured it had to be the TPS but ran the diagnostics on it anyway. Everything seems to check out. Have seen several posts on other forums with people saying that they had a bad TPS and just left it unplugged without any problem. Does this sound right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Jacked around with the uglytruck last night trying to diagnose my stumble. Stumbles when accelarating from idle. Unplugged the TPS and it immediately idled up. Like 500 rpm. Adjusted the idle back down, hit the gas a few times and it seems the stumble has gone away. Figured it had to be the TPS but ran the diagnostics on it anyway. Everything seems to check out. Have seen several posts on other forums with people saying that they had a bad TPS and just left it unplugged without any problem. Does this sound right?

(man I hope that linked right...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you to, ahm, go ahead and come in on Sunday too...
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Registered
    So i read this article the other day with a project that they ut an intake and an exhaust on to measure the hp gains, and basically they had a gain with both on individually, but when both were installed there was a gain but not as much as with the intake only..they took it somewhere where they reprogrammed the cpu and managed to get a huge hp gain from having both installed, is there any place in CS that could do this? i really dont want to go out and buy the $300-$400 programmer for my truck..

Quote Originally Posted by F1504x4 View Post
    So i read this article the other day with a project that they ut an intake and an exhaust on to measure the hp gains, and basically they had a gain with both on individually, but when both were installed there was a gain but not as much as with the intake only..they took it somewhere where they reprogrammed the cpu and managed to get a huge hp gain from having both installed, is there any place in CS that could do this? i really dont want to go out and buy the $300-$400 programmer for my truck..
    I dont know if there is a place to do this in CS, but there are usually certain companies that specialize in a specific make/model, you pull the computer and send it to them, tell them your set-up, and they give you a flash. S look for a place that specializes in Fords online, or I am willing to bet you kind find one in Houston, Dallas, exc.

OBDII computers will only compensate so much more fuel over stock, hints large individual gains, but low gains together. You could do a map clamp. (basically an adjustable resistor that tricks your computer to think that the air comming in is hotter or colder than it really is, is adding more or less fuel.) But its half ass, over time the computer figures it out anyway.

I don't really believe gains from most "chips" anyway, I think the only way to really get good results is to do a reflash or run a piggyback/standalone ems.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Registered
    yea i was lookin at some standalone ems and i found a few that give me the tuning i want and the ability to adjust the speedometer and odometer for larger tires
    Last edited by F1504x4; 07-21-2009 at 03:48 PM.

I think standalone might be a little over-kill for what your doing so far. Re-flash.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Anywhere local to get 1 1/2" OD poly bushings?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

maybe that ****ty accessory place on main street across from praxair or botco. I'll stop in on my way home and ask

For futurer reference the energy suspension part number for a general use 1 1/2" OD bushing kit is 9.9489. It comes with two bushing sets with inner sleeves.

And if you have some other one-off need....

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/univ1.html
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

nice find!
    BDR

the summit links only take me to their homepage
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-2124R/
    this is a different part number than Sharpe came up with so buyer beware

and http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-69261/ this is the explorer pro-comp set that I have used