Page 114 of 211 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Clarke, i'm getting crazy ideas..........CRASY i tell you
    CRASY and 'spensive
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

if i'm already dropping the coin for a 1 ton swap.........might as well go big

Dude, this is way bigger than one ton. The axles are more, you'll have to get some wheels re-centered, new tires most likely, are you going to stay with leafs in the rear?, you'll need lots of lift to fit them under, if you're going with 2 steer axles you'll need to do hydro on the rear if not both, and I'm sure lots of other things I'm not thinking of.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

4 links f&r some way to steer the rear axles..........and some shredders haha

Rockwells or one-tons will cost roughly the same. The cost is Dependant on performance.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    y rockwells? are you wanting to turn the bronco into a mud truck? To me, and the only reason i got a set was that my plans are to start from scratch with my ranger. With your bronco you would have to lift it atleast 10" in order to clear the dif and have and uptravel, thus making it usless for any kind of wheeling this club does or what you want to do in CO.

Dont get me wrong, rockwells are AWESOME, but not for your needs. Get the bronco running right and work on your 1 ton swap first

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=rockwell+irok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPxavVv6Mp4
    now get to work with your stick welder
    Last edited by RCcola55; 07-02-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

now get to work with your stick welder
    If you don't sell it

Cause in order for me to get into the top truck challenge i need to make my bronco stand out

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    and $100k
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

??

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    ??
    I think he is implying that you need 100k to be competitive at top truck
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Jesus Tommy you're getting in WAY over your head. You need to take it one step at a time and get some seat time before going balls deep on a build. Otherwise you will get 1/2-3/4 finished and give up, selling everything at a retardedly huge loss. Rockwells might be a small jump price-wise compared to one tons but they are a flying ****ing leap work-wise. As Clarke said you would have to jack it way up and do buku fab work that you arent capable of yet. You can also assume that any rockwell you buy for a reasonable price will be in $hit condition and need to be rebuilt. This all isnt even begining to delve into the idea of rear steer.

Slow down.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

you with the logic...out of this thread.

Keep it simple, rockwells, big blocks, and nitrous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Going to rocks is a lifestyle choice for sure. Everyone has given you plenty of reasons not to do this. To keep from getting a rash of ****, you are going to have to come up w/ something better than TTC.

I still hold that my tons are as strong as a stock set of rocks. I get ease of installation, cheaper rebuilds (bearings, gears and such), no need to run extreme sized tires and weight reduction (less stress on suspension parts), versus strength of actual axle, raised driveline, option for stronger shafts and ability to run the biggest meats.

There may be other things I am not thinking of, but that should be about the jist of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

brakes would be there biggest draw back to me. to get wheel brakes on them you need access to a machine shop or big time $$$$ to get it done

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    The LT1 is an elusive creature that has "reverse cooling". For those that do not know, this means the water goes from the radiator, to the heads, to the block, and then back to the radiator. There is a water pump in there. As a result you have to have the radiator full all the time or the engine will not get cooling water (kind of a big deal with aluminum heads).

My question is this, how do you set this up on a swap, say a 1965 chevelle. Do you just make sure you have a good reservoir and keep it full.

Thoughts? I googled on the internet and found some article that I think is blowing smoke up my anus saying the LT1's have special radiators and all kinds of crap. Comments?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette