Page 107 of 211 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Registered
    Truck intakes for the 5.0 or 5.8 have the square ports and won't bolt up to the car intakes or GT40 intakes. Car intakes (rounded ports) are several inches lower than the truck intakes as are the GT40 style ones.

Is it for a 5.0 or 5.8? The only 5.8 lower you can get that works with the non truck style intakes is the GT40 style out of lightnings or Cobra R mustangs and are not cheap. There is an adapter to put car intakes on the truck lowers but that kind of defeats the purpose of the low profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Which would be better to take my engine to cooks or vilas? Both the same price for what I need, just seeing if there is one people like better than the other.
    I work at cooks so I would recommend them. I know some of the guys at villas and they do good work as well. I do believe we are cheaper and quicker than villas soo.....

Quote Originally Posted by tommy53002 View Post
    I work at cooks so I would recommend them. I know some of the guys at villas and they do good work as well. I do believe we are cheaper and quicker than villas soo.....
    Unless you're giving out TAMOR discounts then they are the same because I called yesterday and both gave me the same prices.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Unless you're giving out TAMOR discounts then they are the same because I called yesterday and both gave me the same prices.
    Did you talk to mark when you called? What did he quote you, I will talk to him tomorrow and see if he will give a discount to help get some tamor business.

why not just buy a junk yard engine and put some lucas oil in it?

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Did you talk to mark when you called? What did he quote you, I will talk to him tomorrow and see if he will give a discount to help get some tamor business.
    just put it on lances tab
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I'm not sure who I talked to, just whoever answered the phone. I was quoted 120 for boring and honing the cylinders and 35 to vat the block. For now that's what I need until I get more parts for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    Dude, this engine came from Dexter. It'll work the way I got it without your special lucas oil additive. Dexter car parts are the best kept secret ever. They come with a lifetime warranty but nobody has ever needed to use it because the **** never breaks.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    The first good advice out of your mouth in months
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I'm not sure who I talked to, just whoever answered the phone. I was quoted 120 for boring and honing the cylinders and 35 to vat the block. For now that's what I need until I get more parts for it.
    hmm.. not sure who told you that but we charge 12/ cylinder to bore and hone so $100 for a v8. and the $35 is correct to vat the block. I can get you a price for parts too just let me know what you need.

I might also need a broken water pump bolt extracted. I don't want to mess with that anymore. As for parts, I need pretty much everything you need for a high performance 351W stroker motor. This isn't for any off-road rig so I want to do everything right on it. I should probably start a new thread for my mustang instead of the random tech questions thread.

Registered
    What are you stroking it to? Any plans to run boost on it? Oh and by the way, there is a complete 437 stroker on Houston CL for 3K; way less than you'll be able to build that motor for.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1773117172.html

Quote Originally Posted by 73bronco View Post
    What are you stroking it to? Any plans to run boost on it? Oh and by the way, there is a complete 437 stroker on Houston CL for 3K; way less than you'll be able to build that motor for.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1773117172.html
    Don't have 3k right now.

It's probably going to be 393 ci when finished.

True Hollywood Stry
    Anyone got any help for my superduty locking hub problems I have explained here

http://www.texas4x4.org/showthread.php?t=33654
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

the 05'+ sd stuff would be the only way to upgrade using factory stuff but every thing from the knuckle out would have to be swapped as they are 35 spline, use bigger brakes and use a different offset wheel. the warn kit is the cheapest best upgrade you can make to the early sd front.

throw the ford factory junk in the trash.

Ho' Riellys carries the warn replacements. Replaced them a few months ago on a '99 F250.