Page 194 of 211 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    Huh? So you are saying bridging the channels, thus reducing resistance will cut your power output? Go re read your physics book.

Travis find out what the amp is stable at then wire you voice coils and amp to match. Wiring them in parallel will be have the ohms of one coil, in series will add the ohms together. Then run to the amp. Same thing goes for the amp outputs, bridged will reduce ohms at the amp. Too little resistance gives you a lot of bang but can over heat your amp.
    ediit: Here is a better diagram.

Like it says, make sure the amp can handle a two ohm load when bridged. Some 2 channel amps dont like 2 ohms in bridged mode. If you wire it up this way and the amp goes into protect, you'll have to wire it at 4 ohm bridged.
    Last edited by Hot Pocket; 05-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Why do that when can reduces the wire and keep from frying one coil.

People that do it your way don't understand wiring and audio ie the Community. And that's bad coming from me.
    Last edited by RCcola55; 05-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Clarke is correct. With two 2 ohm coils, you will want to run themin series and bridge the amp to the combined 4 ohm load. Alternatively, you could run them in 2 ohm stereo, just run a set of speaker wire to each coil. I would run it bridged personally.

This is just one sub correct?

I should take Fred's advice on this kind of thing
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Run them in series and bridge at the amp.
    Will do
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Hot pocket, why would running 2ohms your way ne better?
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Red to red black to black....done
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

For the record:

HP: the first way you described to wire it ("red-red, black black; red-red, black-black) is 2 ohm stereo, which is the same as 4 ohm bridged. With (2) 2 ohm voice coils, there is not really a way to wire it to a single 2 ohm nominal load. It is either 1 ohm (parallel) or 4 ohm (series) Chances are the amp that Travis has is not stable at 1 ohm bridged, so 2 ohm stereo/4 ohm bridged is probably his best bet.

Ryno, one minor thing: When you said, "Wiring them in parallel will be have the ohms of one coil, in series will add the ohms together" you were incorrect on the first part. Wiring them in parallel will show HALF the ohms of one coil. Also, I have no idea what this meant: "Why do that when can (?) reduces the wire and keep from frying one coil.

People that do it your way don't understand wiring and audio (?) ie the Community"

Anywho, just wanted to try and salvage a little accurate info out of this. So far as your last couple of posts, carry on. Though perhaps it would be better suited for the kitchen, or a boxing ring, or Glaucoma clinic.

Seems Travis got it squared away now anyway.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

To set everything straight: as I originally drew I bridged the amp and ran the sub in series to get a 4 ohm load.

I could have went with the sub in parallel (1 ohm) but would more than likly blow the **** out of amp and had it sound like ****.

Born to Kill

ill be your pickup man
    So these aux. fuel tanks that mount in the bed, typically under toolboxes....these jsut drain into the main tank via a T in the filler neck? Maybe I am not up on fluid dynamics, but wouldn't it over flow out the fill cap? Creighton?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So these aux. fuel tanks that mount in the bed, typically under toolboxes....these jsut drain into the main tank via a T in the filler neck? Maybe I am not up on fluid dynamics, but wouldn't it over flow out the fill cap? Creighton?
    there is a small ball valve in the T that prevents overfilling, plus the fill caps seal pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I think it's illegal to have one gravity feed from the bed to the OEM tank. That's why you see so many with pump handles on top.

Only illegal on a gas motor. If it weren't legal you couldn't get installed by a dealer and nothern tool wouldn't sell them and the t fitting
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

Quote Originally Posted by bburris View Post
    That's why you see so many with pump handles on top.
    The reason you see so many with pump handles is that people use these tanks to fill up their equipment.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

OK. I'm just going on the experience of trying to help my brother find a place that would install a setup like that in a Dodge diesel about three years ago. Couldn't find a place that would do it without adding the caveat that it would have to be a cash deal and they wouldn't put their name on it. I'd check a TxDOT regulation book before doing that to a brand new truck is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bburris View Post
    OK. I'm just going on the experience of trying to help my brother find a place that would install a setup like that in a Dodge diesel about three years ago. Couldn't find a place that would do it without adding the caveat that it would have to be a cash deal and they wouldn't put their name on it. I'd check a TxDOT regulation book before doing that to a brand new truck is all I'm saying.
    never had a problem getting someone to install one in Harlingen, Elliff Motors did the setup in my FIL truck