Page 102 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    Can I use the front output yoke from a 205 on the rear side of the my 205?
    i think so. both should be 32 spline.

can i take the entire bottom end of a 2 stroke engine (minus jug, carb, etc) and leave it in a parts washer w/o any ill effects?

there is a huge accumulation of **** in there and i don't feel like splitting the case and cleaning it bit by bit.

if it's a ford 205 you can as both are 32 spline, 203 front flanges fit on them too.
    Last edited by tigweld; 05-06-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    can i take the entire bottom end of a 2 stroke engine (minus jug, carb, etc) and leave it in a parts washer w/o any ill effects?

there is a huge accumulation of **** in there and i don't feel like splitting the case and cleaning it bit by bit.
    I don't think the crank seal would like that.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    I don't think the crank seal would like that.
    learn me karl. crank seal where? between the 2 case halves? what problems would arise from that?

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Generally rubber does not like parts washer solvent. The crank has to be attached to something right? How else does it transmit power. So somewhere the crabnk exits the case and there has to be a seal. Are you working on a dirt bike? If so this would be behind the drive sprocket.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

ill be your pickup man
    I need to drill two 7/8" holes through my 1" thick high steer arms. Easiest way to accomplish this using the least amount of bits?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Drill press, low speed, and lots of lube.
    BDR

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Working on some trick little lights for my Axial RC truck, and am trying to figure out how to control the voltage.

I have read where I can get a 9volt battery down to 4.5v w/ a couple of resistors setup like in this picture below. How would I do it coming from an 11.7v battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    I need to drill two 7/8" holes through my 1" thick high steer arms. Easiest way to accomplish this using the least amount of bits?
    Put it on a mill and use a hole hawg or take it to someone that has one. The finish will be much better. If you insist on doing it on a drill press, drill a 1/4" pilot hole and follow BDRs advice. There is no reason you should burn up any drill bits doing this.

machine shop
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I have done this many times and I think only once with good results. Seems the large bits usually like to jump around instead of just drilling straight down the pilot hole.

Here is my recommendation. Drill a pilot hole, 3/8" or so. Then get a unibit that goes to 7/8". Use this unibit, slowly, with lube, to get the 7/8" hole started. Then switch to a 7/8" bit and finish the hole.

The unibit will start a good hole and the 7/8" bit will follow it through. Otherwise, when just stepping up bit sizes, I find that the large bit doesn't like to just follow the pilot hole. It chatters and you end up with a larger hole than you wanted.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    I have done this many times and I think only once with good results. Seems the large bits usually like to jump around instead of just drilling straight down the pilot hole.

Here is my recommendation. Drill a pilot hole, 3/8" or so. Then get a unibit that goes to 7/8". Use this unibit, slowly, with lube, to get the 7/8" hole started. Then switch to a 7/8" bit and finish the hole.

The unibit will start a good hole and the 7/8" bit will follow it through. Otherwise, when just stepping up bit sizes, I find that the large bit doesn't like to just follow the pilot hole. It chatters and you end up with a larger hole than you wanted.
    You having this problem w/ a drill press? Too fast me thinks. I have never had a problem w/ firm pressure, slow speed and plenty of lube.

I lobbed that one up there for you guys, who's going to hit it out of the park?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Yes.

Is there a difference in a dodge np231 and a jeep np231? If so what?