Page 108 of 211 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    Id like to lower the COG of my jeep. I have the RE 5.5in LA. Is shorter springs the only thing i need?
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

I will take those springs off your hands if you do this
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Youll be first in line if i can find some 4'' springs. My idea is to get my jeep a little bit more stable on the highway(ya right...i know) so lower it and maybe put smaller tires on it. I even considered trading it in
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

sway bars in place?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Still have the stock sway bars in place, yes.

check all your bushings... things tend to wear out and make things wobbly
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Wait what? I just asked if springs were all I needed to lower the ride height and if I need to make other adjustments.....

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    Still have the stock sway bars in place, yes.
    RE 3.5" springs are more like 4". Even more like 4.5" until they settle.

What track bars are you running? You will most likely need to adjust them, assuming they are adjustable.

RE long arms appear to be adjustable, so assuming you have adjustable track bars it should be fine.
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 06-09-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    RE 3.5" springs are more like 4". Even more like 4.5" until they settle.

What track bars are you running? You will most likely need to adjust them, assuming they are adjustable.

RE long arms appear to be adjustable, so assuming you have adjustable track bars it should be fine.
    Im just running the standard adjustable track bar that came with the lift. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    Youll be first in line if i can find some 4'' springs. My idea is to get my jeep a little bit more stable on the highway(ya right...i know) so lower it and maybe put smaller tires on it. I even considered trading it in
    I missed this yesterday, are you having some issues? Or are just tired of driving a Jeep?

If you put in a 3"-4" spring you could keep your 35"s, you will just need to adjust your bump stops/trac-bars .

You could go even lower to 2"-3" if you wanted to do a little trimming or add some tube fenders... Even go to stock height with 35"s if you went highlined.

Just throwing out some options before you decide you want to trade it in...
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

I dont have the scratch for a newer ride so im having to make do with what ive got. ill probly just get shorter springs and maybe the highline kit.

lowballing someone
    u dont need a kit to do hiline. just a sawzall and a steady hand and a little fab
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    u dont need a kit to do hiline. just a sawzall and a steady hand and a little fab
    Steady hand is optional.
    BDR

ill be your pickup man
    Is there any reason why a leaf spring center pin does not tie in also to the u-bolt plate? Since the new center pins I got were not fully threaded, I had to slap the ubolt plate on there, a washer and the nut. I do not see why this would be an issue, but figured I would ask.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I don't see a reason why this would be bad, except for the fact that you'll have a tad more work to do if you want to swap springs or axles in the future. This is most likely the reason why manufacturers don't attach the center pin to the spring plate, there are just to many variables (spring width, shock mounts, axle tube diameter).