Page 123 of 211 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 133 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    It's either the tranny fairy having fun with you or some strange intercontinental fluctual rift caused by the recent excess of douchiness in the southern hemisphere.
    Does the tranny fairy often visit you late at night Ed?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Does the tranny fairy often visit you late at night Ed?
    Depends. Here lately he hasn't been around much after I blew him off last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    Depends. Here lately he hasn't been around much after I blew him off last time.
    Seems like that might keep him coming back...

Does anybody know anything about engine swaps in jet skis? My friends dad has 2 sea doos with 2 stroke motors (one needs a motor swap and the other just took a ton of sand in the intake), and I had the dumb idea to swap in a 4 stroke motor (read Ford 2.3L from '90 mustang) and turbo and try to make it real fast. I'm pretty sure the engine will fit but I have no idea about cracking the hull to do it or how the jet drive works, or how the engine mates to it. I'll be reading on this.
    Last edited by Sparling; 08-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Does anybody know anything about engine swaps in jet skis? My friends dad has 2 sea doos with 2 stroke motors (one needs a motor swap and the other just took a ton of sand in the intake), and I had the dumb idea to swap in a 4 stroke motor (read Ford 2.3L from '90 mustang) and turbo and try to make it real fast. I'm pretty sure the engine will fit but I have no idea about cracking the hull to do it or how the jet drive works, or how the engine mates to it. I'll be reading on this.
    Not without having the hull redone, ive see a few at the nat. jetski drags that had 4.3 in them, but they were pretty much 100% custom boats. What year and size are they? Most of the mid to late 90's 2-strokes can make serious power for their size and wieght. We had one that I raced in HS that made around 250hp and with the right setup could do over 80mph. Even my dad's Polaris Genesis made 215hp with a reed and head kit, and exhaust.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    Not without having the hull redone, ive see a few at the nat. jetski drags that had 4.3 in them, but they were pretty much 100% custom boats. What year and size are they? Most of the mid to late 90's 2-strokes can make serious power for their size and wieght. We had one that I raced in HS that made around 250hp and with the right setup could do over 80mph. Even my dad's Polaris Genesis made 215hp with a reed and head kit, and exhaust.
    2000 Sea Doo GTX (both of them), I don't know anything about the engine except it's a 2 stroke and it's terrible in the performance department. When you say get "get the hull redone" are you just talking about glassing in new mounts?

When you say get "get the hull redone" are you just talking about glassing in new mounts?
    no, basiclly is needs to be seperated and redesigned. There are plenty of performance parts out there for those boats, and rebuilding them isnt that hard.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

no, basiclly is needs to be seperated and redesigned. There are plenty of performance parts out there for those boats, and rebuilding them isnt that hard.
    I knew about the separating, but not the redesigning. This sounds like a money pit I don't really want to get involved with. Maybe if I found a really old one to use.

just rebuild the motor and throw some go-fast parts at it while cutting wieght and it will become a fun little toy
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

just rebuild the motor and throw some go-fast parts at it while cutting wieght and it will become a fun little toy
    I think I'll just rebuild my fishing boat instead. cheaper and I'll probably use it more. All it needs it some plywood. They aren't officially for sale yet so I don't know how much he wants for them yet. He just said that they would probably be for sale soon after the second one took in all the sand, the other one was already at the shop awaiting a new motor.

True Hollywood Stry
    I am gonna swap to a hawse style fairlead for my winch instead of the roller, becausevof the overall thickness. I going to stick with cable instead of syn rope, so I assume I need to get a steel one to hold up to the extra abuse of cable? Or will an aluminium one hold up fine?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

definitely going to have to be steel. The cable will fork the aluminum one up, and quick. You wanna sell your roller?
    'Cause if she don't,

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I have a steel one if you want it.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post
    I have a steel one if you want it.

Yeah sounds good I'll call you and swing by after work someday.

Ed I think I'm going to need my roller for my trailer winch.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

no problem
    'Cause if she don't,