Page 127 of 211 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what is wrong with the front end on my truck. It has a devastating clunk/pop when turning. The trac bar bushings are new and all the steering drag-links. The only thing I can think of is control arms or ps box.

I have a case of beer for anybody that can figure it out
    With one tire in the air and 4wd engaged I could not find any slop in the u-joints or bearings. Also checked ps fluid and it's good. The noise seems not to be coming from either wheel, can be felt in the steering wheel when turning at speed or parked.

Any other ideas?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

lowballing someone
    i know you said the bushings are good in the track bar but everything i hear points to that. double check
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I'm just shooting from the hip here...

Is there any slop in the steering box/frame area? I noticed a couple weeks ago some company came out with a steering box brace for these trucks. Is this a possible issue? Or is it something for the ricers?
    BDR

No noticeable steering box/frame slop, that I can tell

Colman- I thought that too but the trac bar bushings are brand new and the bolts are tight as ****. The bushings were bad and caused the bolts to loosen. I'm wondering if there was a under lying problem that caused the bushings and ball joints to go out.

If I had money i would fix all this **** with new carli ****, but i don't.

edit- The noise has temporarily stopped with no change to anything
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 09-08-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Start throwing the impact to any/all bolts. Body mounts, crossmembers, bumper mounts, etc. Anything that connects the framerails. I had a clunk for a while on my F150, would only clunk when turning. Found the trans crossmember bolts were just loose enough to allow it to shift.
    BDR

lowballing someone
    both second gen and third gen trac bars are not so bueno. third are better but there is alot of weight and force with that heavy bitch of a motor being slung around and a 60 floatin under....
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    I'm just shooting from the hip here...

Is there any slop in the steering box/frame area? I noticed a couple weeks ago some company came out with a steering box brace for these trucks. Is this a possible issue? Or is it something for the ricers?
    that brace is a POS and causes more damage than good.

With one tire in the air and 4wd engaged I could not find any slop in the u-joints or bearings. Also checked ps fluid and it's good. The noise seems not to be coming from either wheel, can be felt in the steering wheel when turning at speed or parked.

Any other ideas?
    You should check u-joints with tires blocked and transmission/tcase in neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    You should check u-joints with tires blocked and transmission/tcase in neutral
    I've done that along with a couple hard 4wd take offs both on and off road this morning.

I'm going to just start taking **** apart again starting with trac bar.

I'll be doing this before the meeting if anybody wants to come by.
    Born to Kill

Trac bar is good, got to be u-joints? Is there any regular part-store u joint that's better than the others?
    Born to Kill

I went to 3 different parts stores the other week looking for a brand I recognized and ended up with Precisions from Checker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I've done that along with a couple hard 4wd take offs both on and off road this morning.

I'm going to just start taking **** apart again starting with trac bar.

I'll be doing this before the meeting if anybody wants to come by.
    What time are you starting? I might drop by.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

unless your that damn anal about it, i honestly would worry about it. My old 98 1500 (same basic design) has been popping and squeaking since i got it. buy a bag of chips or a gay tip to drown out the noise.

to get rid of it, buy a free spin kit.

Third time ****ing with the trac bar seems to have it fixed for now.

Just for reference I tightened the bolts to the point that I'm surprised they didn't brake.
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 09-09-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    Born to Kill

Third time ****ing with the trac bar seems to have it fixed for now.

Just for reference I tightened the bolts to the point that I'm surprised they didn't brake.
    if they brake, your breaks might not work