Page 133 of 211 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

My housings all measure a hair over 3.25 in. tube dia.
    BDR

This forum has been way to gay lately, lets add some off-roading tech.

So yukon as a company has gotten a bad rap in the last few years for having poor quality stuff. Pirate4x4TV went out to Yukon's plant and looked at their manufacturing facilities as well as did a case study of d-44 shaft ftlb of torque failure test. It is some pretty impressive ****, I was gonna buy yukon stuff anyway because of price but now I know that it is NOT crap. They beat out all the competitors on the standard chromolly axle shaft failure test. Here is the video, give it a watch. http://pirate4x4.com/tv/live12.php
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Because it is not possible that pirate was receiving a kick back, or that Yukon didn't rig it and uses a better quality shafts than typical production for the test?

I'll stick with Superior, who I have never heard negative things about.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

I always had great luck with yukon
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Because it is not possible that pirate was receiving a kick back, or that Yukon didn't rig it and uses a better quality shafts than typical production for the test?

I'll stick with Superior, who I have never heard negative things about.

Mac was the new axle sponser at TTC this year when randy's (yukon) backed out. He will get my business for gears and lockers and such in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

i ran yukon in my 9"... they were great... but i am a superior user now
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

True Hollywood Stry
    Chromoly is old technology, all the cool kids run indiamoly!!

http://www.durasolid.com/
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    This forum has been way to gay lately, lets add some off-roading tech.

So yukon as a company has gotten a bad rap in the last few years for having poor quality stuff. Pirate4x4TV went out to Yukon's plant and looked at their manufacturing facilities as well as did a case study of d-44 shaft ftlb of torque failure test. It is some pretty impressive ****, I was gonna buy yukon stuff anyway because of price but now I know that it is NOT crap. They beat out all the competitors on the standard chromolly axle shaft failure test. Here is the video, give it a watch. http://pirate4x4.com/tv/live12.php
    http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthrea...kon+shaft+test
    This thread has some good info in it about the data collected during those tests.

It is pointed out during that thread that you have to keep in mind deflection before yield rather just looking at the ultimate strength the shafts. I like the combination of alot of deflection and a good torque rating that the ten factory shafts had.

Anybody know anything about using military take off tires for DD? I looked on a few sites about it and I only saw a few people talk about it, but nobody give any info on how they wear or how long they last.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

If they're the bias ply ones they are cheap to get but will flat spot if they sit too long. Offroad perfromance is mediocre. Danny has been running them on his green truck for a couple of years and likes em well enough. The later model radials are gtg though. Prety much better in all regards.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    Two things that suck about military tires.

If you are wanting to use them on your f-150. There is only one company making a 16.5 inch wheel for five lug. Also the only style the have in it is the cheesy chrome mod.

The next suck is that the 36x12.5x16.5 only measure about 33 1/2" tall. For reference a new hummer 36 was the same height as my half tread 315 bfg all terrain. Oh and they are pretty crappy wheeling tires.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I have a set of 36" in my back yard, just looking for something for on the road since I can't keep my 15" rims once I got one tons.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Chief
    My friend Jack ran them on his 79 F150. 3" body 4" suspension lift. They were the 36" Goodyear military's.

Offroad performance was decent, but he really only used them for mudding.
    On the street, they wear nicely, but as others have said, make sure you get the radials.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    If you are wanting to use them on your f-150. There is only one company making a 16.5 inch wheel for five lug. Also the only style the have in it is the cheesy chrome mod.
    I know a guy who made some 5 lug 16.5" rims....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

True Hollywood Stry
    I need to order some poly fab bushings for my doubler crossmember skid. It seems everyone is using the premade ones that use the .250 wall tube and a grease zerk in the sleeve. I don't really see the point in paying the extra 5-8 bucks a bushing to get a zerk, none of the factory bushings on a truck have zerks. Especially because there will be very little movement in the bushings once installed. Thoughts?

Also, anybody know the cheapest place that I can just get the poly bushing with the inner bolt sleeve?