Page 142 of 211 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Where can I get the metal sleeve that goes inside a poly spring bushing? A couple of mine are starting to egg out? Does any company make one that is fully welded?
    Now, Frick, What do you say?

http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/3-4-Bu...Bolt/3190/3499
    http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/3-4-Bu...Bolt/3190/3500
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

True Hollywood Stry
    Gracias
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Pretty damn cool!
    http://snip.awardspace.com/
    i dont speak australian.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I thought that one might have let you print a template that you could wrap the pipe with, but I guess it would be a decent way to get pretty close on the notches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I had a vibration show up in my front driveline.

Found play in the front yoke, pulled the drive shaft. I thought it would the pinion nut just needed to be re-torqued, but it wouldn't budge. I figured this much play was not good.(?)

So is this from a bad pinion bearing or are the gears on their way out? I have not pulled the cover off and will not have time to do so until Sunday...
    Last edited by breckboarder55; 11-17-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    I had a vibration show up in my front driveline.

Found play in the front yoke, pulled the drive shaft. I thought it would the pinion nut just needed to be re-torqued, but it wouldn't budge. Than I figured this much play was not good.(?)

So is this from a bad pinion bearing or gears on there way out? I have not pulled the cover off and will not have time until Sunday...
    What kind of differential do you have? and I'm assuming the axle-shaft u-joints are good?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    What kind of differential do you have? and I'm assuming the axle-shaft u-joints are good?
    The U-joints have about 30k on them, feel tight, no noticeable play or visual defects. Stock open differential.

Wheels were chocked, parking break on. It took less effort to move that yoke than to turn a door knob.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

The U-joints have about 30k on them, feel tight, no noticeable play or visual defects. Stock open differential.

Wheels were chocked, parking break on. It took less effort to move that yoke than to turn a door knob.
    Best thing to do is open the cover and take a look. I should be in town this weekend if you need shop space.

Being as old as your jeep is I bet you have a combination of worn gears, bearing, spider gears, axle-shafts and hubs. I suggest driving the piss out of it until something breaks.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Best thing to do is open the cover and take a look. I should be in town this weekend if you need shop space.

Being as old as your jeep is I bet you have a combination of worn gears, bearing, spider gears, axle-shafts and hubs. I suggest driving the piss out of it until something breaks.
    That would set me up for not being able to wheel at Clayton. I was leaning towards the gears about to take a ****, but I don't know too much about diffs.

If this is not an easy or cheap fix (less than $200), I would prefer to find another D30 or HP30 with 3.73s and bolt it in. As much as I need to re-gear, I don't have the money for it right now.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

That would set me up for not being able to wheel at Clayton. I was leaning towards the gears about to take a ****, but I don't know too much about diffs.

If this is not an easy or cheap fix (less than $200), I would prefer to find another D30 or HP30 with 3.73s and bolt it in. As much as I need to re-gear, I don't have the money for it right now.
    I doubt it's the gears but I don't have much experience with the faggotry that is Jeep.

Normally something else, specifically bearings, wear out and then cause excessive wear on the gears. Gears tend to break instead of wear out.
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 11-17-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Born to Kill

sounds like pinion bearings.

Find a cheap rebuild kit on pirate or tx4x4 and take it over to that trans shop on 21 they installed my gears for $150 labor. Or wait until it blows up.
    i dont speak australian.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    Find a cheap rebuild kit on pirate or tx4x4 and take it over to that trans shop on 21 they installed my gears for $150 labor. Or wait until it blows up.
    So to replace the pinion bearing they have to pull the diff and gears? I might just jump go ahead and re-gear it to 4.88s than. (do the back later)
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

So to replace the pinion bearing they have to pull the diff and gears? I might just jump go ahead and re-gear it to 4.88s than. (do the back later)
    Use the $150 for beer instead of labor and do it all at once. Any monkey can change gears.
    Born to Kill

yep they will have to pull the shafts, carrier and pinion. No need to separate the ring gear from the carrier or replace the carrier bearings if you really want to do it on the cheap. But with complete install kits around $100 it would be worthwhile to replace the carrier bearings while you are in there.
    i dont speak australian.