Page 171 of 211 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Didn't know that shops were that affordable. Anyone know of any places in the B/CS area? Don't really want to drag it all the way back up to Dallas and then back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

I was surprised it was that cheap.

Siegert Radiator in Bryan does a bunch of work for A&M, all heavy truck **** though. Light vehicle radiators usually arent work dicking with.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

lowballing someone
    ive had siegert replace tanks, clean out radiators, fix leaks and move water knecks all for reasonable prices on regular vehicle radiators
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I've bought radiators online for $100 with shipping. A few years ago though.

we're talking fruel tanks

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    Anyone know where I can get this stuff in person and save the $15 on shipping?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POR-1...iveQ5fServices
    I checked tractor supply and west marine on-line with no luck. Thanks.
    What size tank does your Jeep have? If it's a 15-gallon I know where you could probably get a new metal tank for not much more than that.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    You know, I thought about saying the same thing Brett, but that's probably going to end up costing him at least $22 more than recoating the tank. I can't see him spending that kind of dough on a brand new tank.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

lowballing someone
    there is a place in houston i used to use to redo tanks.... can't remember their name. aren't you glad i posted. they did great work cheap.....
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

how many of your projects have we not heard about? you seem to have had a lot of unaccounted work done.

Quote Originally Posted by bburris View Post
    What size tank does your Jeep have? If it's a 15-gallon I know where you could probably get a new metal tank for not much more than that.
    Yes 15 gallon. Thanks for the offer Brett, I'll think about it after I see the condition of my current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    You know, I thought about saying the same thing Brett, but that's probably going to end up costing him at least $22 more than recoating the tank. I can't see him spending that kind of dough on a brand new tank.
    Nice Fred, thanks for that.
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

lowballing someone
    ive also worked at shops since i was 16.... so not all of these things are for personal use and i'm also not good at keeping yall informed. i tend to do alot of things that i dont tell you about. I will work on blogging here more often for your amusement.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Anti Wrap Bar Placement?

Option 1) The driver's side of the rear axle - This would create less problems with routing exhaust
    Option 2) The passengar Side of the rear axle - Seems I read on the interweb one day that it is better to put the bar on the passenger side due to the way the vehicle torques when under load. Thoughts?
    Option 3) It doesn't f'in matter
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Anti Wrap Bar Placement?

Option 1) The driver's side of the rear axle - This would create less problems with routing exhaust
    Option 2) The passengar Side of the rear axle - Seems I read on the interweb one day that it is better to put the bar on the passenger side due to the way the vehicle torques when under load. Thoughts?
    Option 3) It doesn't f'in matter
    I need to move mine to the passenger side one of these days. Does seem to make the truck roll under acceleration and braking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    i tend to do alot of dudes that i dont tell you about. I will work on blogging here more often for your amusement.
    Here is what I read.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette