Page 195 of 211 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Paris Chevrolet did the set up on our brand new ag truck in high school 4 years ago
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Don't think the new fords like that. Think I heard they give some trouble because the gauge stays on full too long.

Yeah my truck get confused when the fuel gauge stays on full for 100 miles. It goes to empty but clears itself when you restart the truck
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Any body know the differences between the NASCAR detroit lockers and a standard detroit locker, besides the NASCAR being for the bigger bearings?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Any body know the differences between the NASCAR detroit lockers and a standard detroit locker, besides the NASCAR being for the bigger bearings?
    I believe the nascar is a short track version of the detriot that was designed specifically to turn left. according to detroit's website it has some sort of preload built into it that the other lockers don't
    Last edited by AggieTJ2007; 05-30-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    I believe the nascar is a short track version of the detriot that was designed specifically to turn left. according to detroit's website it has some sort of preload built into it that the other lockers don't
    After looking a good bit of searching it seems that the nascar ones on ebay normally are not the short-course only turn left version and the only major difference is stiffer clutch springs. The stiffer springs just make the 'clunk' louder and engages more easily.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

IS a 30T d44 carrier the same front to back?
    Born to Kill

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    If I wanted a cj7 to lightly wheel and fart around the ranch in, what's the best model? What should I look for? Fair price?
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

304 is fun in them. For wheeling, try to stay away from the 3 speed, no crawl ratio. Some of the 70s models came with a heavy 4 speed, forget what it was, maybe T18, has the low gear. 80+ will all have the d300 case and a better gear ratio. 80-81 could come with an SR4 transmission, it is junk, most have been swapped out by now. The t4 and t5 are OK. T176 is good/strong but the ratio is not as good, still probably better off with it though. All the automatics were good, beware the one that came with quadratrac as quadratrac is junk.

Late 70s started to come with disc brakes which are nice, as well as power brakes. Not sure when steering went power.

You can still buy good ones for $6000 I think, will take a little searching.

for what you want to do, I think a 77-79 with the quadratrac would be ideal. its all wheel drive and the diffs are in the correct place.

and what the hell is wrong with this board? Why do I have to attempt to log in 3 times before it takes, try to reply a bunch of times, then go to compatability mode and have to attemp to log in a few more times, then watch it time out when I click reply unless I hit the advanced reply button? Its been this way for months.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    and what the hell is wrong with this board? Why do I have to attempt to log in 3 times before it takes, try to reply a bunch of times, then go to compatability mode and have to attemp to log in a few more times, then watch it time out when I click reply unless I hit the advanced reply button? Its been this way for months.
    Is that on your phone or computer? What browser? I've experienced the reply problem a couple of times on my phone, but it always works on the second try.
    Born to Kill

computer, ie

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    304 is fun in them. For wheeling, try to stay away from the 3 speed, no crawl ratio. Some of the 70s models came with a heavy 4 speed, forget what it was, maybe T18, has the low gear. 80+ will all have the d300 case and a better gear ratio. 80-81 could come with an SR4 transmission, it is junk, most have been swapped out by now. The t4 and t5 are OK. T176 is good/strong but the ratio is not as good, still probably better off with it though. All the automatics were good, beware the one that came with quadratrac as quadratrac is junk.

Late 70s started to come with disc brakes which are nice, as well as power brakes. Not sure when steering went power.

You can still buy good ones for $6000 I think, will take a little searching.

Quadratracs aren't junk, but there is little to no availability of replacement parts for them unless you want to put in a Milemarker PT kit or disassemble 4 Quadratracs for parts to make a good one. So for plain and simple reliability and low maintenance I'd warn against the QT unless you planned on driving on icy roads a lot, which is where the QT shines. Which it sounds like you won't.

Plus an automatic CJ is just wrong.

Flem, it's not 1998 anymore. Ditch IE for anything else. Use an old sneaker for a browser if possible because even that's better than IE.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    computer, ie
    Clear the cache, common ie problem with more than just v bulletin
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Clear the cache, common ie problem with more than just v bulletin
    cleared every time I log in, workstation so no browser choice.