Page 27 of 211 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

sell this to hot pocket

Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    would and have done it, but i would have tried to jew them down more.
    he asked $1000, pretty sure he's about to except $600. So I think I did a fine job of jewing
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    fsjs has one piece shafts*
    thats what i hear and see. after i spend $200 on gears then another $200 on another carrier/locker, i might as well invest it into something worth my while.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    he asked $1000, pretty sure he's about to except $600. So I think I did a fine job of jewing
    It should be on a trailer and off his property before he changes his mind

oh and the term joo is usually used in lieu of "jew" (in a pathetic attempt to be less racist...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

appearently the amc has the same carrier from 3.08 on up? i thought the break was like a normal axle around 3.73/3.92? i might just buy the gears and weld it up if its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    appearently the amc has the same carrier from 3.08 on up? i thought the break was like a normal axle around 3.73/3.92? i might just buy the gears and weld it up if its true.
    yes the break is 3.31. . . http://jeeptech.com/axle/amc20.html
    i dont speak australian.

I would most definitely buy it, but I wouldn't have told anyone on here what you got it for. Rookie mistake.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Doesn't make any difference to me, what they should be paying attention to is how much I'm selling it for. After looking around on-line at other yjs with similar appearance/condition/parts. I think I'll be listing it for $3,000 with hopes of getting that in Dallas and probably $2500 elsewhere.
    i dont speak australian.

is there a difference in chevy 3/4ton d44 8 lug outers? or are they all the same?

i would be a nice guy and sell it to hot pocket for what you got it for and maybe some extra
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    i would be a nice guy and sell it to hot pocket for what you got it for and maybe some extra
    honestly(no offense ryan), he does not need a rig, much less one that needs work.

Dude you know how I learned how to wrench? I crashed my good truck (that part wasn't planned) and bought a crapsman 140 piece tool set and a 1986 civic with 150k miles on it and a clutch that was on its last legs. Got a friend to help me replace the timing belt and water pump, then when the clutch went out I had him help me with that. I was actually about your age (sophomore in college?) The best way to learn is to start doing. You're not gonna learn how to swap out an axleshaft or anything else until you get in there and get your hands dirty doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    The best way to learn is to start doing. You're not gonna learn how to swap out an axleshaft or anything else until you get in there and get your hands dirty doing it.
    100% troof
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

You're not gonna learn how to swap out an axleshaft or anything else until you get in there and get your hands dirty doing it.
    for some reason this reminded me of:

Billy Madison: You gotta get out there and find THAT FAWKING DOG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Dude you know how I learned how to wrench? I crashed my good truck (that part wasn't planned) and bought a crapsman 140 piece tool set and a 1986 civic with 150k miles on it and a clutch that was on its last legs. Got a friend to help me replace the timing belt and water pump, then when the clutch went out I had him help me with that. I was actually about your age (sophomore in college?) The best way to learn is to start doing. You're not gonna learn how to swap out an axleshaft or anything else until you get in there and get your hands dirty doing it.
    Same here. I had some decent background before though, as I had helped mike and a couple other friends swap engines. However, most of the time I did stuff I was completely brand new at it. My time line went like this.

Bought a blazer, put 6" springs in the front and a shackle flip in the rear with 2.5" springs. I bought all the crap to convert the front to 8 lug, and went to the junkyard and bought a 14 bolt. I had a shop do the gears, swap in the 14 bolt and swap the 8 lug crap on. They told me they wouldn't charge me extra, as it was easy to do when doing the gears.

That was great, until spring break. I had done a ton of mudding up until then and had never looked at bearings, etc... Hell I didn't know how. Well I learned how in galveston when my wheel almost fell off... Problem was there wasn't anything left!
    1988 Blazer...RIP