Page 52 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Nice catch cocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Chief
    The CB in the humma would never transmit anything I said, but it would pick up all kinds of signals.

It was a cobra with an 18 ft coax, mounted on the back panel just above the spare tire.

Of course, I never did seem to have much luck with any mobile electronics :blackgrin:

True Hollywood Stry
    Does anyone know if all Dana 44 hi steer arms use the same bolt hole pattern to bolt to the knuckles?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Does anyone know if all Dana 44 hi steer arms use the same bolt hole pattern to bolt to the knuckles?
    99% sure they are all the same.

i never had a problem with my old Cobra 25 and dual 4ft antennas(see hikeschool).

i was also sporting a 100w linear, so that might have had something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    yes they are all identical. Some d-44 arms will have an optional forward 4th hole to mount them to dedenbear aftermarket knuckles.

True Hollywood Stry
    Sweet now the frickoneer will full hi-steer. I got both arms stud kit and conical washers for.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 11-25-2009 at 11:49 PM.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Crewcab is overheating a little. At around town speeds (under 50) it stays around 200 like its supposed to. At highway speeds it rises to ~220 and stays there. I replaced the radiator and thermostat today and its still doing it. I drove 4 1/2 hours with it running at ~220 and it didnt seem to cause any problems, but it has always held 200 with everything working. The only other things I can think of are the fan clutch and water pump. I replaced the pump around 2 years ago and it isnt leaking but I've never messed with the fan. Is 200000 hard miles a reasonable service life for a fan clutch? Is there a way to diagnose it for sure?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Crewcab is overheating a little. At around town speeds (under 50) it stays around 200 like its supposed to. At highway speeds it rises to ~220 and stays there. I replaced the radiator and thermostat today and its still doing it. I drove 4 1/2 hours with it running at ~220 and it didnt seem to cause any problems, but it has always held 200 with everything working. The only other things I can think of are the fan clutch and water pump. I replaced the pump around 2 years ago and it isnt leaking but I've never messed with the fan. Is 200000 hard miles a reasonable service life for a fan clutch? Is there a way to diagnose it for sure?
    Might help
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/how_...22.html?page=2

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I would think that it's not the fan or clutch if it's holding that temp at highway speeds. There should be enough air moving through the rad. to keep it decent. I would think water pump. With that many miles, a fan clutch might well be in order though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Temp gauge?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Dont have any reason to suspect the gauge. I had to replace the sender awhile back when I did my headgaskets but the gauge seems to function fine. Depending on the price I'll probably try the fan clutch first, or maybe just say **** it and put a piece of tape over the temp gauge.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright the hi steer arms I picked up don't look like they are gonna work. My driverside knuckle has the factory taping used for the stock dodge push/pull steering. The passengerside was probably done before Robbie had it in his jeep. It seems like the bolt pattern on the new hi-steer arms is the same as my knuckles.

The problem is when I try to line the holes in the arm to the holes in the knuckle the end of the arm where the tie-rod/draglink goes is touching the tire/rim. The crossover arm I currently have clears the tire by about 3/4 of an inch. Do different companies use radically different designs?

Right now i'm running 15x8 wheels with 3" of backspacing with 15.5 wide tires. I think the arms might be parts mike because the box for the studs says so. Any thoughts on this problem?

Get wider rims?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

lets see some pics. I know what you are saying but don't understand why this should occur. Although high steer arm designs are different by manufacturer they definently shouldn't have this problem. Don't your high steer arms taper in towards the centerline of the vehicle. For instance when I went highsteer on the jeep I had to shorten the tie rod by about an inch because the aftermarket arms were narrower than the stock knuckle location.