Page 53 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

True Hollywood Stry
    ill try and get a pic tonight, but it seems that these arms would actually make the tie rod/draglink longer instead of shorter.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Use wheel spacers. Done.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Use wheel spacers. Done.

< ------------------

just buy good ones.

True Hollywood Stry
    If I end up not getting them on I will not get wheel spacers I will just stay with my current crossover steering.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

High steer is for suckers. I never needed it. Not like it gets you any better performance than crossover does.

ill be your pickup man
    Single ended ram mounting:

I would like to mount my PSC ram with the fixed end atop the axle tube and the ram end atop the tie rod. This would keep it protected from rocks. The problem is the angle that it puts it at in relation to the TR. I realize the closer to parallel the better, but what is an accepted angle? Mounting it on front of the axle tube, and the backside of the TR would make it almost parallel, but the scratches on my tie rod mean the ram will get taken out eventually.

The heims on each end of the ram need to be in the same plane right?

Does the ram end of the ram need to mount in the center of the tie rod?

The axle is a balljoint 60 with the tie rod at about the axle tube center line. No high steer, just crossover. The distance between the tie rod and axle is 8" and the ram, heim hole to heim hole, fully 'collapsed' is 17".

Advice?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Anybody have a ball joint press I can borrow, or want to help me out sometime?
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Sharpe does, or at least I have heard that he is good at pressing them (balls and joints that is) to his forehead
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

lowballing someone
    you can get them from any parts store, you rent them and then you get all your money back when you return them, like any other rental tool they have
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I dont have a balljoint press.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Single ended ram mounting:

I would like to mount my PSC ram with the fixed end atop the axle tube and the ram end atop the tie rod. This would keep it protected from rocks. The problem is the angle that it puts it at in relation to the TR. I realize the closer to parallel the better, but what is an accepted angle? Mounting it on front of the axle tube, and the backside of the TR would make it almost parallel, but the scratches on my tie rod mean the ram will get taken out eventually.

The heims on each end of the ram need to be in the same plane right?

As long as they have enough room to move in articulation and not bind, they shouldn't need to be.

Does the ram end of the ram need to mount in the center of the tie rod?

No, the only thing you need to worry about is having enough travel both ways. Where you mount it on the TR will just depend on where you mount it on the axle.

The axle is a balljoint 60 with the tie rod at about the axle tube center line. No high steer, just crossover. The distance between the tie rod and axle is 8" and the ram, heim hole to heim hole, fully 'collapsed' is 17".

With the 8" of 'misalignment', you will be trying to roll your TRE's over pretty hard and will be losing a lot of force/leverage with being out of plane with the travel of the TR. Can you build a mount that will keep the ram on top, but must mount out further toward the front to line it up better?

Advice?
    some thoughts.
    'Cause if she don't,

ill be your pickup man
    Thanks Ed.

What about turning the ram around and mounting to GLO diff cover?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

That would work good. They are pretty stout. It would be a pain if you need to take the cover off, but not too bad.
    'Cause if she don't,

True Hollywood Stry
    Personal preference I don't like mounting it to the diff cover. On the 44 and the first ram in the 60 before I got good steering i mounted the ram btween the axle and tie rod. There was barely Enough room but it worked. When u got better steering I flipped the tr over the top of the knuckles and mounted the ram a little higher on the axle. There should be some pics in my members rigs or build up thread for big nasty. At full turn to both sides the distance between the ram mount on the tie rod and the radius arm cap was close. Hope this helps some.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I have a warn 12,000 lbs winch. I do not have a hook for said winch. Where can one purchase a 12,000 lbs rated hook? On ebay they are rated for like 21,000 max, with a work load of 5,000.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette