Page 56 of 211 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

ill be your pickup man
    Is the $20 upgrade for MOOG balljoints? I have had good luck thus far with them in the bronco.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Is the $20 upgrade for MOOG balljoints? I have had good luck thus far with them in the bronco.
    I'm not sure, I was just told they were the upgrade from the "house brand" and appear to have much higher quality.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    1. Do we/anyone have any part store hookups anymore?

2. Is it worth it to spend the extra 20 bucks a piece on ball joints to upgrade from the house brand at O'reillys?

3. Edit, what about the (extra 70 dollar a piece) adjustable ball joints?

Thanks
    1 - I don't think TAMOR has one anymore, say you are with the sports car club, I think they have one.

2 - Ball joints, yes, get the moog. If you get "auto drive" or whatever the house brand is, you "auto-drive" right back to the parts store for the better ones.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

TAMOR does still have an account with O'Reillys, but I dont know how much it saves. For Napa, use the sports car club.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

you whores I asked about Moog balljoints a couple of weeks ago and nobody replied
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

lowballing someone
    go moog all the way, if your going to do your ball jounts in town i will be working in the morning before i leave town. call me and we will get your **** done
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    I'm not sure, I was just told they were the upgrade from the "house brand" and appear to have much higher quality.
    do you need to replace yours our just keep some as spares incase you break a shaft and it takes out the balljoint?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I work at the napa in bryan but the discount isnt that great.... also we dont stock moog.

lowballing someone
    i used to work at oreilly in bryan and their employee discount is great on hard parts, just saying

now time for jb to give his two cents about advance
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

If it hasn't changed, the Car Quest house brand used to be made by Moog. I don't know why more people don't check for oddball crap there, the ones in Corpus stocked all kinds of parts for weird vehicles.

how is ccok's napa? I have only messed with the CS one. heard mixed reviews on cooks.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

My opinion is that that place suck donkey dick I've gone there a few times for some odd stuff, I think one time was for a rear axle bearing. The place is filled with ****, so much you can barely walk around and the one fat ass that I remember behind the counter took out a caliper and started measuring the bearing to compare it to the 20 odd ones they are sitting in a pile on a table. When I asked why don't they just look up the part number which was clearly visible on the bearing the guy told me he couldn't find 'the book' and sent me to another store.

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    i used to work at oreilly in bryan and their employee discount is great on hard parts, just saying

now time for jb to give his two cents about advance
    The advance TAMOR account was under my phone number and was a Comm Level 4 account. Then someone found out and the discount decreased significantly. Now, the counter help is worse than at an AutoZone. Back when Jerry, jeremiah, Kyle, Aaron, and for a short time, cook, worked there, it was much better.

I go to NAPA CS now. Although there floor selection is pretty sparse and their computer system/credit card runners, blows. They seem to mainly use the old books still.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Yeah, I like them as well. Multiple guys that I see every time I go in there, although sometimes you have to pry a little bit to get them to check availability on some things. I like that they have cheap hardware also.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

I got some really ****ty gas up in Clayton, started pinging on the tow back to Dallas. "Service Engine Soon" light is remaining on. According to owners manual this is because of misfires due to poor gas. Burned half the tank -filled it, burned another half-filled it. Scanned OBDII came up with misfires in 4,5,7. Now it isn't pinging but the engine is noticeably shaking (enough to shake the whole truck) when at idle and at low pressure on the pedal it rocks. If I give it more gas it smoothes out and the rocking stops. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

PS. Replaced spark plugs 3,000 miles ago. When this started the truck was fine untill hills, then the added rpms started to make a ping, I could actually feel it burning pockets of bad gas and then run correctly for a while. Now the shaking. What’s up?
    Last edited by 85cj7; 12-20-2009 at 09:33 PM.