Page 57 of 211 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Pinging can do alot of damage quickly. Pull the plugs, hopefully they're screwed up as that's the cheapest thing. Other things include broken rings or pistons.

lowballing someone
    pull the plugs and inspect them, bad gas may have messed with them
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Toyota kids: Inner axle upgrade options for 27 spline birfs? I thought poly made some but I can't find them on the website. Is Longfield the only one any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Toyota kids: Inner axle upgrade options for 27 spline birfs? I thought poly made some but I can't find them on the website. Is Longfield the only one any more?
    maybe TG. i know they came out with 'dirty thirties' and have chromoly 27 spline outers. but dont know on inners.

pretty sure poly only made rear shafts.

True Hollywood Stry
    Ryan drain the tank and replace plugs.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    maybe TG. i know they came out with 'dirty thirties' and have chromoly 27 spline outers. but dont know on inners.

pretty sure poly only made rear shafts.
    I looked around and it really looks like other than longfield no one sells just upgraded inners, and they are like 100 a piece which seems to be a good deal if you never have to replace it again.

Cool thanks guys. Yeah $100 isn't bad and Bobby's a good guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

long story short.

pulled plugs they are fine

****ty gas=misfires=partly ****ed headgasket=water in cylinders=burned o2 plugs=crappy idle

going to drain and try block sealant then new o2 and new fuel filter. see how it runs. Make sense to anyone else?

I wouldnt **** around with block sealant on a DD...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

That's some really ****ty gas, or really hard driving to blow a head gasket. Where did you buy said gas?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

I bought the gas at the ****ty gas station in clayton. not the big one near where david o and rodney rented the house, the one between the pizza video store and the AA.
    I think pushing the truck to pull the jeep for two hours of pinging did it in.

lowballing someone
    blue devil is like 50 bones and great at sealing blocks, alot of shops use it. not cheap but good stuff
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

True Hollywood Stry
    Are all Saginaw pumps created equal?

I have two pumps in my shop and neither one is a simple bolt in to replace the one from the waggie. Both require me to swap out the studs on the back of the pump for the studs from the waggie pump. I just want to know if different models were either better or worse.

Also who makes good wheel spacers that don't make tires fall off? I need a set of front 5 on 5.5's if I decide to put high steer on the waggie.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

isn't your wagoneer 6 lug?

True Hollywood Stry
    Nope waggie axles went in the trash when I first started building it.