Page 58 of 211 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

They are not all created equal. Some have higher flow rates than others. I really don't think the flow rate matters though, as you should always have enough. Maybe if you have hydro assist or something.

It's hard to swap the studs?

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    I bought the gas at the ****ty gas station in clayton. not the big one near where david o and rodney rented the house, the one between the pizza video store and the AA.
    I think pushing the truck to pull the jeep for two hours of pinging did it in.
    Are you sure its the gas? I ask because probably half the people the TAMOR bought gas there and you are the only one that had any issues (that I know of).
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Blankenship - if it has the individual coils on the plug I would check those. Odd that three would go out at once, though. they will throw a misfire code p0303, etc.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

It was acting like it was buring something it didn't like. You could feel it slow and chug then hear it ping for a min or two under heavy acceleration. Then it would be fine and have plenty of balls, and the light would turn off. This repeated for about an hour. I hope a meth head didn't add anything 'special' to my tank. I parked off a ways from others at sardis and right next to that major hwy. No lock on tank door or cap. Now it runs ****ty under idle but doesn't ping. Aboutto fire it up after flushing, block sealant, new o2, new fuel filter. Will let you know how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Blankenship - if it has the individual coils on the plug I would check those. Odd that three would go out at once, though. they will throw a misfire code p0303, etc.
    yes it has individual coils on each plug. I pulled 5 and 7 which were misfiring and the plug, coil, and boot all looked fine.

move the coils around and see if the error codes follow. I've heard that ford coil packs suck, maybe the coil on plug sucks too.

lowballing someone
    i have a pump that still has the v8 waggy bracket on it if you can figure out how to get it. i am coming to the west side of houston in a day or two.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Blog :

Ok. I had previously said that I had pulled 5 and 7 but didn't pull 4 because its a bitch to get to. Well I am an idiot, and am the first to admit it. Pulled it and found the picture below. Am also going to pull the remaining 5 plugs that didn't trip codes, just to be sure.

I still think it was **** in the gas so fuel filter was still necessary. I still think it ****ed with my headgasket because coolant smelled burnt and was dripping out the exhaust. So block sealant, o2 sensors and coolant flush/refill was still necessary.

What damage will that blown plug cause? What about the remaining bits of metal from it in the cylinder? Need some advice on preventative action.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 85cj7; 12-22-2009 at 06:35 PM.

wow. not sure what to tell you other than, diagnose first, then replace parts.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

That's one of the things pinging does. Replace all the plugs. And next time it starts pinging, let off.

ill be your pickup man
    I would also drain the oil/block seal and replace with just fresh oil. Maybe some lucas fuel treatment in the tank too.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

reminds me of the baja jeep. timing was too advanced and it roasted plugs. i dont think camo knows what a ping sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    reminds me of the baja jeep. timing was too advanced and it roasted plugs. i dont think camo knows what a ping sounds like.
    camo doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. he is the definition of tool, so that doesnt suprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    camo doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. he is the definition of tool, so that doesnt suprise me.
    have you met him in person?

A spark plug fell apart in my Jeep like that, it ended up lodging itself between a cylinder and the block and did a pretty good number on everything.