Page 59 of 211 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    I would also drain the oil/block seal and replace with just fresh oil. Maybe some lucas fuel treatment in the tank too.
    this isn't gonna get spark plug parts out of the cylinder. Might be worth getting a scope down in there and make sure

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    camo doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. he is the definition of tool, so that doesnt suprise me.
    uncontrollable urge to make a comment about the flavor of camo's cawk
    Last edited by uglyota; 12-23-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Usually parts that go in the cylinder bounce around a little and then go out the exhaust, or embed in a piston. Either one isn't much to worry about, not like you're gonna rip it apart to get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    have you met him in person?

nope don't need to, I got a pretty good radar for tools.

I'm not going to argue that your radar is far off, but I will add that all of those guys were cooler than I expected.

I can believe that, it's just the way he talkes(replies) to people, no respect at all. not someone I would ever do any kind of business with, no red star for me

replaced the #4 plug and no change in behavior. Still idles crappy and vibrates until 2k before smoothing out. Also can hear pinging/ticking occuring on the passanger side, so cylinders 1-4. Could a spark plug blowing up like that damage the coil? I don't want to drop $50 on a coil to find out it isn't the culprit. Any suggestions? A code reader would definently come in handy right about now.

you can always return the coil if it isnt the reason for the sound

Why are you set on not replacing all the plugs? You either killed plugs or the motor. The only ignition parts pinging could hurt are the plugs, as they are the only ones that see combustion pressure. You really probably screwed the pistons or head gaskets. Imagine combustion violent enough to do what it did to that one plug. The others were subjected to that same violence.

the other plug weren't misfiring and had no visible damage. I can replace them but why would they be the problem if they weren't misfiring? I'm not against it, just didn't think it was necessary. Should I replace them all?

True Hollywood Stry
    Spark plugs prolly cost 20 bucks. I would do that then you can rule that out as a problem. Also you could swap coil packs from the good side if you don't wanna buy a new one.

So what companies make decent( tire not falling off)wheel spacers.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    So what companies make decent( tire not falling off)wheel spacers.
    Coop can tell you which ones not to buy
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

ill be your pickup man
    Damaged Bronco trans pan on right is a 'deep' pan b/c of the indent in the middle which allows for the 'snout' on the filter. I ordered a cheapo Summit chrome pan that does not have this and I assume is for a Mustang. So I bought a filter for a 5.0 Stang.

DOes it matter? What would be the purpose for having 'deep' pan. WOuld it have anything to do with starving the pump of ATF at angles?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Do scrap yards take seats out of vehicles? They have alot of metal in them but alot of foam and fabric too. I know the easy solution is to burn the foam off the frames but I am too lazy to even do that.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    replaced the #4 plug and no change in behavior. Still idles crappy and vibrates until 2k before smoothing out. Also can hear pinging/ticking occuring on the passanger side, so cylinders 1-4. Could a spark plug blowing up like that damage the coil? I don't want to drop $50 on a coil to find out it isn't the culprit. Any suggestions? A code reader would definently come in handy right about now.
    Does that truck have an icm of some sort? That's the first thing that comes to mind for me when I hear about misfires at low rpms that smooth out at higher ones. Coil is also a good bet...they can go out at the lower RPMs (lower voltages) but still work fine at higher RPMs...I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    Does that truck have an icm of some sort? That's the first thing that comes to mind for me when I hear about misfires at low rpms that smooth out at higher ones. Coil is also a good bet...they can go out at the lower RPMs (lower voltages) but still work fine at higher RPMs...I think
    humor me. . . icm (ignition control module)? I don't know if it does or not. Gonna try to convince flem to come take a look. I think I may replace the #4 coil to rule that out before tearing into the top end to check piston and headgasket.