Page 8 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
    Its a T-55 for the sway bar.

I am thinking about buying a hack saw and cutting it off, and than build some disconnects?
    Front one? If you're talking about the bolts that attach the sway bar link to the axle then you should be able to hammer a T-57(?) into that hole and try turning the nut on the other side. If you're talking about the rear then who cares, you don't need that one anyway.

If you still havent figured this sh!t out today, go to the Dexter Hizzy. I am at work but Clarke will probably be home because he's a worthless piece of sh!t. I will however, be home all day tomorow.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    BIG difference between IFS and an a live axle with coils. BIG DIFFERENCE. A lifted TJ already has a ton of body roll, I would HATE to see it without a sway bar.
    Yes, I am that concerned about my DD front sway bar...

I am just about done cutting it off with a hack saw, and I have rigged up some disconnects to replace the bolt I have cut off.

Yes, there was a nut on the other side, it is the link for the front sway bar.

I tried the channel locks, the allen wrench thing, and the vice grips before this.

The allen made it strip more, the channel locks did nothing, and the vice grips some how managed to pop off and pop me in the head.

But I've got it taken care of now

I really appreciate everyone thoughts, and the offers of help everyone gave. It really shows the generosity in the club.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    BIG difference between IFS and an a live axle with coils. BIG DIFFERENCE. A lifted TJ already has a ton of body roll, I would HATE to see it without a sway bar.
    Hmm. My '88 XJ didn't have a front sway bar for a few weeks. I don't remember babying it and I definitely didn't park it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    A TJ on the street?! I sure as fawk would be!
    Even if it is a big deal, not a big enough deal that you couldn't reassemble without it, drive to Sears and then finish the job.

TJs with the front swaybar disconnected aren't that bad. Drove mine for a while without one because the bolt to my quick disconnects backed out(when the instructions say to use loctite...it isn't a suggestion ).

T-55s are the worst on TJs. I broke three damned bits on one before just saying **** it.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

I'm just saying I've driven one on 35's without sway bars and safe isn't how I would describe it. I'd hate to try to avoid a dog or something like that. I've driven one with 3 out of 4 links up front too, drove pretty good, wouldn't say it was safe by any means. Drive your ****piles however you want, not my funeral.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I'm just saying I've driven one on 35's without sway bars and safe isn't how I would describe it. I'd hate to try to avoid a dog or something like that. I've driven one with 3 out of 4 links up front too, drove pretty good, wouldn't say it was safe by any means. Drive your ****piles however you want, not my funeral.
    ahhh, wtf do you know!?! retard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Not sure I'd describe a Jeep as safe overall, even in good condition.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

I'd hate to try to avoid a dog or something like that.
    who would do such a thing?

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    If you still havent figured this sh!t out today, go to the Dexter Hizzy. I am at work but Clarke will probably be home because he's a worthless piece of sh!t. I will however, be home all day tomorow.
    Atleast i have a job unlike the other ryan!
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

True dat.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i think there is more than just a missing swaybar on that TJ. i rode in it once and if i'd had a pen and paper with me i would have began making out a last will and testament.

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    Atleast i have a job unlike the other ryan!
    I'll still graduate on time. . . and before you.

Over rated.