Page 81 of 211 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

yes you can swap planataries the 231s used 3 sun gears and the 241 used 6. I don't know about the inputs the housing may be different. you would be best just calling DD machine and see if he has any 241 kits. He may be able to cut the you the aluminum adapter plate and I think that the intermediate shafts are the same. Always worth a try.

edit: and just to piss you off the kits have doubled in price since they first came out
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    yes you can swap planataries the 231s used 3 sun gears and the 241 used 6. I don't know about the inputs the housing may be different. you would be best just calling DD machine and see if he has any 241 kits. He may be able to cut the you the aluminum adapter plate and I think that the intermediate shafts are the same. Always worth a try.

edit: and just to piss you off the kits have doubled in price since they first came out
    im waiting on a response back from him. the 241 housing looks like it requires more work to make it a crawl box.

and even thought the price is higher, it is still cheaper than a input shaft and 4:1 for the d300, you get more options, and a overall lower ratio.

i might just try and source a 231 from a s10/blazer for the internal as well as a dodge/jeep one. 241's look to be a dime a dozen, and stronger, so i was figuring why not.

what is this going in? I can't keep up with your vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    one of doug's threads has some talk about swapping planetaries between 231s and 241s
    it was an old thread with info already known, and sharpe asked the same question as i, cept no response and he never got around to doing it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03 View Post
    what is this going in? I can't keep up with your vehicles
    doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    it was an old thread with info already known, and sharpe asked the same question as i, cept no response and he never got around to doing it himself.

doesnt matter.
    your personality brings out the kindness in people willing to answer all your questions.

im waiting on a response back from him. the 241 housing looks like it requires more work to make it a crawl box.

and even thought the price is higher, it is still cheaper than a input shaft and 4:1 for the d300, you get more options, and a overall lower ratio.

i might just try and source a 231 from a s10/blazer for the internal as well as a dodge/jeep one. 241's look to be a dime a dozen, and stronger, so i was figuring why not.
    i don't know about 241 being a dime a dozen even my junkyard hookup in Waco wanted $200 for one,
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

doesnt matter.
    good point

I thought maybe you bought a jeep I didnt know about.
    Last edited by robertf03; 03-09-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02 View Post
    your personality brings out the kindness in people willing to answer all your questions.
    simply notes that thread is a dead end with no answers. and i dont know what its even going in yet. but since your illiterate on the subject or just too good to contribute, please stop post whoring on ed's dime.

i don't know about 241 being a dime a dozen even my junkyard hookup in Waco wanted $200 for one,
    i have been able to find a few GM ones complete for $50. 80's-90's trucks are plentiful so it hasnt been a real issue to find one for a decent price.

the input shaft being interchangeable is back and forth on pirate.
    Last edited by Eckert; 03-09-2010 at 11:17 PM.

simply notes that thread is a dead end with no answers. and i dont know what its even going in yet. but since your illiterate on the subject or just too good to contribute, please stop post whoring on ed's dime.

you dont understand. im just trying to give him his money's worth.

i have been able to find a few GM ones complete for $50. 80's-90's trucks are plentiful so it hasnt been a real issue to find one for a decent price.

the input shaft being interchangeable is back and forth on pirate.
    but you still have to get a 231 to see if it fits? for 50 bucks pick on up and play with it

So why not bump the thread with the relevant information/inquiries and ask again, or just do the dam work yourself and share what you find?

edit: don't worry, broncojo will probably move these posts over for you
    Last edited by uglyota; 03-10-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

but you still have to get a 231 to see if it fits? for 50 bucks pick on up and play with it
    plan on picking up the np241 over spring break. still need to find a jeep/dodge case.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    So why not bump the thread with the relevant information/inquiries and ask again, or just do the dam work yourself and share what you find?

edit: don't worry, broncojo will probably move these posts over for you
    i didnt know the thread existed, but when i do the damn work myself i will

lowballing someone
    if you find a dodge one it doesn't have a slip in it i think
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

yes you can swap planataries the 231s used 3 sun gears and the 241 used 6.
    that's a hell of a solar system

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
    if you find a dodge one it doesn't have a slip in it i think
    This is true with the np 208's from dodge I don't know about the other cases.

Btw with a slip yoke case like the 208 what parts typically fail?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!