Page 92 of 211 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89 View Post
    Really just am not that comfortable in a small car. Maybe b/c I am tall, or maybe I just havent driven the right one yet.
    I've talked to quite a few really tall people who liked mini coopers, strangely enough. And some true car enthusiasts who really loved them. I also have a buddy who's bigger/taller than you who just bought one of those silly sol things with the hamsters in the commercial. Little cars for big people are out there...might be worth your while to do some shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I think the Fords look better and drive better.
    they just cant stayed put together

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    I've talked to quite a few really tall people who liked mini coopers, strangely enough. And some true car enthusiasts who really loved them. I also have a buddy who's bigger/taller than you who just bought one of those silly sol things with the hamsters in the commercial. Little cars for big people are out there...might be worth your while to do some shopping.
    The ones tall people like usually dont have a back seat. I have a friend in Corpus that is 6'3" and drives a hotrodded Honda CRX. Its actually hellaciously spacious, but only has two seats and a tiny trunk area.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I really like F150's for 1/2 ton trucks the best. dont like superdutys though... am a fan of GM in 3/4 but too much money... not a huge fan of dodge but the price was the best for what you get... that is why i drive a dodge
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    The ones tall people like usually dont have a back seat. I have a friend in Corpus that is 6'3" and drives a hotrodded Honda CRX. Its actually hellaciously spacious, but only has two seats and a tiny trunk area.
    I'm talking about cars made in the last ten years, the kind people drive after hikeschool
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

my truck had cc, i tried putting it back in and it don't work............had my hopes up though ***

Chief
    Really just am not that comfortable in a small car. Maybe b/c I am tall, or maybe I just havent driven the right one yet.
    Check out Audi. The A4 is really nice if you're looking for a sedan. Plenty of room on the inside, lots of power. Hell of a lot of fun to drive... You'll be taking hairpin turns at 40 over the speed limit and won't notice a thing. My mom has an A6, and it is one of the nicest cars I've ever had the pleasure to drive. The germans really know how to do it right.

Just my .01
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    If you don't see yourself having to dump a bunch of money on replacing worn parts on the F150 in the near future you might be better off just keeping it as a tow rig like you said. Find a decent commuter vehicle and save money.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep View Post
    Find a decent commuter vehicle and save money.
    that almost never works. I ran the numbers on this a while back and found that I'd have to get a sub $2000 vehicle that gets over 30mpg and drive it everyday for 2 years before any money is saved. That left me with the options of either an early 90's ford fiesta or a happytime bicycle.

My trans is acting wierd. It has been through 3 engines without a rebuild and alot of heat.

1. should i rebuild it
    2. should i buy a new one and if so where are they the cheapest?

Its a c-6

lowballing someone
    spend every cent in your bank account and then get a student loan to cover the rest. throwing expensive parts at a problem always solves the issue
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I get perdiem for being over 60miles from home, but between the apt, renters insurances, apt cable, apt bills, truck breakins, gas, gas, and more gas, it doesn't always cover it.

Just frusterated right now. Had to drop it off for a couple days after the break in, alternator died at 165k in Bastrop, and the recent trans issues. I know it always soulds like something is wrong with it, but it has been a great truck to me it has been worked and played hard. A new crewcab 4x4 6.5' bed, loaded XLT F150 would run me 34k if financed through Ford. Not horrible, but I do not want another payment. I was out of debt when I bought my house, now have run that up a couple Gs on house stuff etc, which isn't bad.

Tossed arond the idea of a Tacoma, which would get me a little better mileage, yet still be a truck that I could use for Home Depot runs at work. Found an 01 4x4 manual xtra cab with 57k, 3.4L for 10k in Houston, but I think someone snagged it. Put all the miles on that and use the F150 for the 4-6 times a year towing plus my annual Colorado trip.

As far a diesels go, 01-03 7.3s all have too many miles on them and are still overpriced IMO. 03-5 6.0 are apparently no good. I contemplated 06-07s but prices are pretty high. I don't really want a 100k+ mile truck, not b/c of the miles on the motor, but b/c of the miles on everything else.

I dunno, just thinking right now.
    Might I suggest one of the New-er V6 pony cars as a commuter? My sister has had one of the new Challengers as well as a new Mustang and I fit into both just fine with room to spare. Gas mileage isn't awesome but sure as hell isn't bad. Also, my cousin has a 2001 Taco with the 4 popper and has literally beat the living hell out of it for probably 80,000 miles (on top of the original 100,000) and no problems so far.

I would have to have at least 30 mpg, pref 40 plus (think VW TDI), if I ever had a "commuter car"
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    My trans is acting wierd. It has been through 3 engines without a rebuild and alot of heat.

1. should i rebuild it
    2. should i buy a new one and if so where are they the cheapest?

Its a c-6
    The c-6 I'd the only auto tranny that I would get out of a salvage yard or parts truck and put I to a truck without rebuilding. If you do some good searching you can find one for about 100-250 and it might even have a t-case behind it. What is yours doing?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

it was slipping between 2nd and 3rd until soggy bottom and now it is slipping between 1st and second too.

It only does it when it gets warm. I think it has a cooling issue, i have gotten it pretty hot a couple of times.