Page 93 of 211 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3159

Thread: Random Tech Questions

lowballing someone
    what does the fluid color look like and what does it smell like. ( kinda want to tell you to taste it to but that is just mean)
    Last edited by colman; 04-04-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I've learned to filter what you say

It doesn't smell burnt and it is clearish dark red

True Hollywood Stry
    1. Anyone have any experience or hear good or bad with using the cheaper master install kits for differentials. I believe the bearing name is koyo. I need to buy one full install kit and the price difference is crazy. I've found 77 for the Chinese stuff and 140 for timken. This will be for the bastard so it's not going to be seeing highway miles.

2. How many of you that are running 60 fronts have broken stock inners? How many of those that broke them grenades the spindle. I think I know the answer to this is most and that I need to pony up for the 35spl outers the first time especially with 42's and a heavy foot.

3. I'm ordering new perches for my rear 60, and plan on getting the rear perches that allow for moving the rear axle back 1". I'm thinking of slapping a 1" zero rate on top of this to get it moved back 2" total. Good idea or not? If not explain why?

Mayfield get additional cooler maybe even one with a e-fan on it.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    1. Anyone have any experience or hear good or bad with using the cheaper master install kits for differentials. I believe the bearing name is koyo. I need to buy one full install kit and the price difference is crazy. I've found 77 for the Chinese stuff and 140 for timken. This will be for the bastard so it's not going to be seeing highway miles.

2. How many of you that are running 60 fronts have broken stock inners? How many of those that broke them grenades the spindle. I think I know the answer to this is most and that I need to pony up for the 35spl outers the first time especially with 42's and a heavy foot.

3. I'm ordering new perches for my rear 60, and plan on getting the rear perches that allow for moving the rear axle back 1". I'm thinking of slapping a 1" zero rate on top of this to get it moved back 2" total. Good idea or not? If not explain why?

Mayfield get additional cooler maybe even one with a e-fan on it.

Do you plan on keeping this truck for any length of time? If so I would go ahead and make sure you put the good bearings in it. (I have no experience w/ the koyo brand though)

Def. get the 35 spl outers as fast as you can afford them. I was breaking u-joints before the shafts were giving way. The u-joints grenading took out the ears on the shafts though, so that is something to think about too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    That will not work, the zero rate will be hanging halfway off the spring perch. Make your own perches that are a little longer and put the hole wherever you want it.

For the record I will be rocking 42s with 30 spline outers and twice as much power as you
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I will be rocking 42s
    you gettin them in time for k-rocks?

No.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

What do you need from the master install kit? If your old bearings are good and you can get them off without damage, reuse them. If they're bad, new ones are about $10 each at O'Rielley. Bearings are only going to go bad if you've got bad or no oil. There are many more shims than you will need in the box with your setup bearings, which is somewhere in one of my garages.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Are you installing new gears, maybe i missed a post? Or are you just rebuilding an axle? if installing gears go with the kit, it makes life easier as you know with the broncos. Otherwise just get the bearings from the parts store, but ide still go with timken either way
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

True Hollywood Stry
    I'm installing new gears. My gears came with one set of bearings from the previous owner that are new and i will need to one install kit to do the other axle.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

koyos are legit

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    then go with the install kit
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

koyo does seem like the real deal
    http://www.koyousa.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=522

Timken is made at various foreign factories. Mexico, China, India, Poland, etc. No major brand of bearings is domestic anymore.

True Hollywood Stry
    Clarke the question wasn't to go or not go with the kit, it was to go with koyos or timken.